Expedition Bigfoot Season 5

norseman

5 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

I'm catching up, watching S:1, E:5, "Human Bait" and Bigfoot is in the woods listening to the playback of their recorded howls.  I think "He" is considering the choice between taking the apple they offered, or ripping their arms off.  No joke, that might be a distinct possibility.  :rolleyes:

I didn’t have you pegged as a forest shaman type of guy.🤷‍♂️

^ yep!  of course.  That did make me think of an interesting question though.

If one is being used as Human Bait (such as they did with our cute Dr.)  And, they are watching you on thermal imaging.  And, they say "watch out!" there is apparently a 12' tall Bigfoot 11 inches to your left, should you A.) lay down and play dead, as is recommended with Brown Bear? or, B.) make yourself 'Big' and scream and holler.  Not poking fun, I'd really like to know if either of those options might seem viable.  And, I can image the gist of what you might say, Norse, which would be something along the line of: "take 3 steps backwards, pivot 45 deg. and fire 7 rounds.  Aim for the body mass!  correct?   :guitar:

14 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

^ yep!  of course.  That did make me think of an interesting question though.

If one is being used as Human Bait (such as they did with our cute Dr.)  And, they are watching you on thermal imaging.  And, they say "watch out!" there is apparently a 12' tall Bigfoot 11 inches to your left, should you A.) lay down and play dead, as is recommended with Brown Bear? or, B.) make yourself 'Big' and scream and holler.  Not poking fun, I'd really like to know if either of those options might seem viable.  And, I can image the gist of what you might say, Norse, which would be something along the line of: "take 3 steps backwards, pivot 45 deg. and fire 7 rounds.  Aim for the body mass!  correct?   :guitar:

That only works with Brown Bears that are fat on Salmon. Don’t ever lay down and play dead with something intending to eat you. So like a Polar Bear or a Cougar. Or maybe even a Griz or a Black Bear. It’s a crap shoot.

I have seen some Nordic people chase Grizzly bears and get away with it. I don’t know how their bears compare to ours but it’s not advisable IMO.

Bigfoot supposedly will kidnap people. Thats in the Indian folklore and it’s also tongue in cheek in the 411 books. As well as American and Canadian folklore. So in Dr. Mayor’s case? It probably doesn’t matter what she does. If it wants to take her? What is stopping it? But if it’s not a cute little gal? If it’s a football player and threatening or a hunter? 

https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mysterious-stories-blog/2017/10/22/bart-schleyer

• Upvote 1

Yikes!  Thanks for the advise and the link.  I never knew that there is audiotape of Timothy Treadwell's death, "recording the sounds of him and his partner being eaten alive."  You have a knack for finding macabre details; but I don't think I want to hear that audio, ever.  Sasquatch may be intelligent enough to know that is better to avoid the little hairless apes with the fire-sticks.  I have no idea.  I almost gave up on the show, but it does have it's moments.  It's like watching a B Movie in the form of a documentary.  They're getting ready to launch the mini-Hindenburg blimp.  :popcorn:

2 hours ago, xspider1 said:

Yikes!  Thanks for the advise and the link.  I never knew that there is audiotape of Timothy Treadwell's death, "recording the sounds of him and his partner being eaten alive."  You have a knack for finding macabre details; but I don't think I want to hear that audio, ever.  Sasquatch may be intelligent enough to know that is better to avoid the little hairless apes with the fire-sticks.  I have no idea.  I almost gave up on the show, but it does have it's moments.  It's like watching a B Movie in the form of a documentary.  They're getting ready to launch the mini-Hindenburg blimp.  :popcorn:

I have listened to it. It was a clueless man coming to grips with his own folly. And begging his fiancé to come save him as she was frozen in terror and waited for the same fate. A 10mm Glock would have saved both of them. But his own ego led him to believe he was some sort of Bear whisperer. And for 8 years it miraculously worked. On Bears that were gorging on Salmon. Until one day he found out that he was indeed on the menu.

Every time I leave the truck at a trailhead or even on my own properties? I remind myself I am on the menu. And it’s not even wild animals either. I have a couple of bulls that would make quick work of me in the right circumstance. I also have a couple of big geldings that could spook and run me over. Never become complacent around animals. Bout the time you think you have em figured out? They will do something that will blow your mind and not in a good way.

And I guess that’s why I don’t buy into the forest shaman routine. I don’t trust animals. If it’s a 8 foot tall ape man that is an omnivore? Competing with not only our current fauna? But everything in the Pleistocene? From mammoths and saber tooth cats to short face bears and giant ground sloths? And they are gone and it’s still here? It’s a survivor. And it should in no way be underestimated.

I have been hooked by bulls, thrown through barb wire fences, I’ve been drug by horses and mules, I have been kicked by them,  stomped by em, crushed in a horse trailer, been rolled over on by a mare, I have been bit by dogs, I have been threatened by Bears and I have been stalked by a Cougar. I also went hand to hand combat with a wounded whitetail buck one time and killed him with my bare hands. Which was my own damn fault…

And whatever killed Bart Schleyer? From the accounts? I don’t think it was a Bear. I think he was scavenged by a Bear and other critters after. So what kills humans? Undresses their bodies and leaves? Dennis Martin case. Why did Green Berets with guns show up and do their own search without coordinating with the rest of the search effort? Why did the FBI ignore a report from a family that saw a “bear” carrying some thing screaming over its shoulder? There is some weird s*** going on out there…

Macabre…. I had to look that up. lol. I feel like Sasquatch is approached like any other animal in the forest. They detect black holes not by seeing it. But by how everything reacts around it. It’s undiscovered for a reason. And we as a community keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. But technology is catching up.

Back to the show. There are episodes and certain ideas entertained that I don’t really jive with. Like I said before it really revolves around Dr. Mayor for me. And the seasons get better I think. The locations get better. I seriously think SE Alaska is the best place to go look. They could be faking some of the evidence to keep the show interesting. But all the samples she takes isn’t fake. And that is what we truly need out there.👍

• Upvote 1

^ All of that pretty much "trumps" :biggrin: the horse that bit me and the dogs that broke my scapula (totally my fault).  You have lived a world of in-depth experience in the wild.  I envy that (sort of, haha) although I would be terrified in most of those circumstances.  I know that it is the Life that you were probably, more or less, born into and you have embraced it.  I feel better with a reliable partner and a good side-arm although I know that it is exactly as you said, "They will do something that will blow your mind and not in a good way."  So, we do the best we can.

I eat other animals.  My wife, as a general rule, does not eat other animals.  (Although, she made some extremely good chicken salad yesterday that was apparently impossible for even a determined vegan to resist.)  Point being that this world is a brutal place.  Eat or be eaten I guess.  I wish it were different, but it is what it is.  The show is good, btw!  It's amazing that so much interesting content can be streamed these days, after the fact.  It is endless!  Thanks for this thread, Norse.  The occasional witness interviews they do are probably my favorite part.  The look in those people's eyes and their voices when they recount their sightings is something very real and convincing, in my opinion.       

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The show does have some cringe worthy moments.  S:2, E:1, the guy just said 'Where there's deer, there's Bigfoot'.  haha!  I hope not.  We had a house for awhile recently in a very large sub-division called Sun City, TX.  That is in the actual City of Georgetown, TX. and there are many towns and cities in the area with probably over 2 million people total  (including Austin, TX) and very little forest.  And, the Sun City sub-division is almost overrun with deer.  There would be about 10-20 deer every late afternoon in our backyard and, although not recommended, Mrs. xspider1 (shout out to Huntster that nick-name idea :thumbsup:) fed them apples sometimes by hand.  I'm pretty sure that deer hunting was not allowed there unfortunately and I'm very doubtful that there is a Bigfoot within many, many miles.  I could be wrong though (that has been the case before).

28 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

The show does have some cringe worthy moments.  S:2, E:1, the guy just said 'Where there's deer, there's Bigfoot'.  haha!  I hope not.  We had a house for awhile recently in a very large sub-division called Sun City, TX.  That is in the actual City of Georgetown, TX. and there are many towns and cities in the area with probably over 2 million people total  (including Austin, TX) and very little forest.  And, the Sun City sub-division is almost overrun with deer.  There would be about 10-20 deer every late afternoon in our backyard and, although not recommended, Mrs. xspider1 (shout out to Huntster that nick-name idea :thumbsup:) fed them apples sometimes by hand.  I'm pretty sure that deer hunting was not allowed there unfortunately and I'm very doubtful that there is a Bigfoot within many, many miles.  I could be wrong though (that has been the case before).

You would have to talk to Bigtex about Texas. I remember a story by Dr. John Mionczynski about Elk that had their necks wrenched backwards and broken I believe in Wyoming. I have never seen any evidence of Bigfoot hunting anything. But we have long winters and it would beg the question what would they eat when plants are long dormant under snow. Deer, Elk and Moose eat anything sticking up even trees and bark, and they paw for the grass and bushes under the snow. Lots of reports they eat meat. 

Here is another story of his. This variant of the story has new details I never heard. But it is interesting if Bigfoot is primarily a plant eater that it would risk trying to lick bacon grease off the side of John’s tent. 

I commented on a Bigfoot FB page that I had never watched Expedition Bigfoot since I was so let down by Finding Bigfoot.  The hot doctor woman from EB messaged me and encouraged me to check out the show.  I checked it out and liked the first episode, and the second.  By the 4th episode, it was clear that the show was full of the same annoying reality show techniques that appeal to the low IQ viewers; dramatic music before a supposedly significant event or find, extremely thin "evidence" promoted as proof, and likely hoaxed "signs" of Bigfoot.

I don't know...  I think the hot doctor has real credentials, but the show just reeks of typical reality TV meant to appeal to low IQ and gullible viewers.  Maybe it gets better 5 seasons later, but I just can't stomach all of the fakery of it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

I don't know...  I think the hot doctor has real credentials, but the show just reeks of typical reality TV meant to appeal to low IQ and gullible viewers.  Maybe it gets better 5 seasons later, but I just can't stomach all of the fakery of it.

Rest assured, it does not. While I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they may have collected good thermal and footprint evidence, the lack of follow-up by the producers demonstrates that at best, the show is not serious.

I still watch it because I like the subject so much, but it is certainly a frustrating experience.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, langfordbc said:

Rest assured, it does not. While I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they may have collected good thermal and footprint evidence, the lack of follow-up by the producers demonstrates that at best, the show is not serious.

I still watch it because I like the subject so much, but it is certainly a frustrating experience.

Exactly.

My take on this is that Norse is one of the more stringent posters here when it comes to evidence, sources, etc. But, because he is in love with the cheerleader, he is having a hard time applying his usual level of scrutiny to the show. The show sucks. 

9 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

My take on this is that Norse is one of the more stringent posters here when it comes to evidence, sources, etc. But, because he is in love with the cheerleader, he is having a hard time applying his usual level of scrutiny to the show. The show sucks. 

That cheerleader is a Primatologist who has discovered new species of primate. And she is studying Bigfoot right now.

If you have another Primatologist in mind that is also studying Bigfoot? I am all ears….

Again? I can wade through the spooky music and b roll FLIR hits. Because this show has found Chimp DNA on a national forest. What did Finding Bigfoot find in terms of DNA? Zip. Zero. Nada. That’s not a hoax folks. That’s real. The cheerleader is on the right track.

And if you think the show sucks? That’s OK too. Go watch the Mandalorian on the Disney channel.

• Upvote 1