Expedition Bigfoot Season 5

norseman

1 hour ago, norseman said:

That cheerleader is a Primatologist who has discovered new species of primate. And she is studying Bigfoot right now.

If you have another Primatologist in mind that is also studying Bigfoot? I am all ears….

Again? I can wade through the spooky music and b roll FLIR hits. Because this show has found Chimp DNA on a national forest. What did Finding Bigfoot find in terms of DNA? Zip. Zero. Nada. That’s not a hoax folks. That’s real. The cheerleader is on the right track.

And if you think the show sucks? That’s OK too. Go watch the Mandalorian on the Disney channel.

What came of the chimp DNA? No follow up, you say? I am shocked. You've been duped by this lame show, and thats okay. Just don't tout it as a real scientific effort. Its laughable. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

What came of the chimp DNA? No follow up, you say? I am shocked. You've been duped by this lame show, and thats okay. Just don't tout it as a real scientific effort. Its laughable. 

Yah, there is a follow up….. Dr. Mayor is still out there collecting more data. Again? What other Primatologist do you know of is studying Bigfoot?

And DNA sequenced in a lab in REAL science.🤷‍♂️

You make things personal with me all the time. Why is that? 

This is a Bigfoot forum and we talk about Bigfoot things here…. 😱

4 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

What came of the chimp DNA?

I do not know. Perhaps they have enough data to track the chain of ownership as in country of origin, exporter / importer, veterinarian(s) and owner(s) and fish & wildlife permits. Chimps are fine pets until they rip your face off. This site is an internet message board, not a research site. Someone fact check me: humans and chimps share about 98%---99% of the same DNA. Makes you wonder what was in the woodpile. I consider Sasquatch as cousins, chimps....no.

We agree to disagree on this site so don't take it personally.

Need more details about the chimp DNA. Was the chimp DNA found at a location with tracks? Did the tracks have 5 toes or less than 5? Just wondering since there are stories about variants.

Are escaped zoo animals running amuck? Are skunk apes escapees from wintering carnivals?

The big cats in the UK are a prime example. Many years ago, 'big' cats escaped from a transport vehicle and their retirement freaks out residents of the country side.

2 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

...........Are escaped zoo animals running amuck?........

The answer to this question is a solid yes. 

Back in 2005 a 600 lb tiger was repeatedly seen roaming around yards in the Malibu Hills of Los Angeles. Authorities blew off the calls at first, but eventually animal control personnel found footprints. They eventually shot it near the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. The authorities had no idea where the cat came from.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tiger-killed-near-reagan-library/

9 hours ago, norseman said:

Yah, there is a follow up….. Dr. Mayor is still out there collecting more data. Again? What other Primatologist do you know of is studying Bigfoot?

And DNA sequenced in a lab in REAL science.🤷‍♂️

You make things personal with me all the time. Why is that? 

This is a Bigfoot forum and we talk about Bigfoot things here…. 😱

Its not personal. I just think you are being blind about the reality of reality tv because you have a thing for a bizarre looking cheerleader lady. You claim science needs a body, but cheerleader monkey dna is going to break it open. Its not logical and I am simply pointing that out. Its your choice as to whether you take it personally or not. But, its not intended that way. Toughen up! 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

Its not personal. I just think you are being blind about the reality of reality tv because you have a thing for a bizarre looking cheerleader lady. You claim science needs a body, but cheerleader monkey dna is going to break it open. Its not logical and I am simply pointing that out. Its your choice as to whether you take it personally or not. But, its not intended that way. Toughen up! 

I have been married for 35 years, I have 4 children and 6 grandchildren. Lighten up….🙄 

It’s not a claim. Science requires two type specimens. One male and one female. Go take a biology class.

Cheerleader “monkey DNA” is more tangible results than anything in the last 5 years. I didn’t say it was gonna break it open. But she is on the right track to do so. And your crickets on ANY other primatologist out there looking….because there are none.

Whats not logical is your insistence on bashing a scientist doing science and finding abnormal results in the subject of Bigfoot…. because she is a “bizarre looking cheerleader lady”. It’s plain dumb. You have been here long enough to know damn well that this subject needs all the help it can get. 🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, norseman said:

I have been married for 35 years, I have 4 children and 6 grandchildren. Lighten up….🙄 

It’s not a claim. Science requires two type specimens. One male and one female. Go take a biology class.

Cheerleader “monkey DNA” is more tangible results than anything in the last 5 years. I didn’t say it was gonna break it open. But she is on the right track to do so. And your crickets on ANY other primatologist out there looking….because there are none.

Whats not logical is your insistence on bashing a scientist doing science and finding abnormal results in the subject of Bigfoot…. because she is a “bizarre looking cheerleader lady”. It’s plain dumb. You have been here long enough to know **** well that this subject needs all the help it can get. 🙄

You said this: I feel like Dr. Mayor might crack this thing wide open

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

.......... I just think you are being blind about the reality of reality tv because you have a thing for a bizarre looking cheerleader lady. You claim science needs a body, but cheerleader monkey dna is going to break it open. Its not logical..........

6 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

I agree with you both.

Eventually, something or somebody is going to turn attitudes around within the science/academic communities. Frankly, I'm pretty sure that money will be a big part of it. An example would be the mass media. Before Jerry Crew, there were a few isolated newspaper accounts of wild men. Then his account recorded by a newspaper, and bolstered by footprint casts, went around the world. Then the PG film. While still weakly rejected by Science, it firmly entrenched sasquatchery into social awareness. Then, 18 years later, Harry and the Hendersons was released. Money. Finally, after all the hoaxers after the PG film, sasquatchery finally paid. Look at the phenomenon now within the media. You can't even count all the podcasters, YouTubers, writers, etc out there. Add tourism dollars to all areas sasquatched, and bolstered by media success.

Norseman is correct: Mayor is an accredited primatologist already accomplished for discovering a new primate sub-species. All she needs is a DNA marker to distinguish a sasquatch from a homo sapien just like Denisovan or Neanderthal DNA is supposedly different. 

You are correct: reality TV is entertainment, not science.

But reality TV:

* Keeps and even intensifies social pressure on Science to get with the program

* An ex-cheerleader primatologist trumps a male, middle-aged, bespeckled, geeky white primatologist in today's sick, screwed up world, both mass media and Science/academia

* All we need is the cheerleader to get the DNA wing of Science to say, "Hmmmmmm.......", and somebody might smell enough money to invest in a hunt to collect a carcass

* Bait Science with the scent of money, and get out of the way. Reality TV is doing just that. The right DNA sample has the potential of breaking this open and permeating the smell of money so powerfully that even Science will have to notice, and an ex-cheerleader scientist has a better chance of success than most. Too bad she isn't a racial minority, too...........

8 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

But not because of the Chimp DNA specifically. Chimp DNA is a known species right?

But because a Primatologist is finding primate DNA in a national forest in North America. If there is Bigfoot DNA to be found out there? She is gonna find it.

And like I said name another Primatologist collecting supposed Bigfoot samples? So it’s not like there is a lot of competition right?

Like I said  before if she and the producers were above board I could count on anything they find  as credible  .

Problem is the show is not it's fake  . I'm not talking about spooky music either . When you fake evidence when the show

tells you to then you lose .

No one really wants to watch a real show on researching and finding a Bigfoot because people can go years or even a lifetime  never having an encounter or even

finding credible evidence of one . What is put on TV is what sells and real research doesn't .

And it doesn't matter what she accomplished  before what matters is what she doing now  . She is on  a reality bigfoot show and goes along with hoaxing when she's told  .

Does anyone think she would have been hired on the show if she said I won't participate  in any of this ?  No they would have fired her .

It's a nice paycheck I'm sure and she gets to go on some pretty nice trips ...what's not to like..............

Edited by 7.62
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Like I said  before if she and the producers were above board I could count on anything they find  as credible  .

Problem is the show is not it's fake  . I'm not talking about spooky music either . When you fake evidence when the show

tells you to then you lose .

No one really wants to watch a real show on researching and finding a Bigfoot because people can go years or even a lifetime  never having an encounter or even

finding credible evidence of one . What is put on TV is what sells and real research doesn't .

And it doesn't matter what she accomplished  before what matters is what she doing now  . She is on  a reality bigfoot show and goes along with hoaxing when she's told  .

Does anyone think she would have been hired on the show if she said I won't participate  in any of this ?  No they would have fired her .

It's a nice paycheck I'm sure and she gets to go on some pretty nice trips ...what's not to like..............

The chimp DNA find wasn’t a hoax. It was confirmed by a lab at UCLA. And she is taking more samples right now in 2024.

I swear the Bigfoot community is its own worst enemy.

How many people participating in this thread has had a primate hit on any DNA sample you have taken in the field?  Has anyone in this thread taken a DNA sample at all and sent it in? 

If you don’t wanna watch the show? Fine. But short of little ole me putting one down on a hunting trip? Legit DNA samples being analyzed by genetic laboratories are about the best shot we have to solving this mystery. 

I took some poo samples of either a very large bear or a very large primate for Hiflier’s DNA study. After a year in the freezer my wife threw them out. Because Hiflier never lined up a lab for us to send DNA samples to. But I would be more than happy to participate if anyone has any better ideas. But for now I guess we are gonna rely on TV reality shows to foot the bill on labs while we all moan and complain about the soundtrack and b roll…..🙄

We didn;t collect any DNA when we, Todd, Darian, my brother and I encountered a Japanese pig tailed baboon in the temperate rain forrest in the foothills of the Oregon Coast Range. However Todd received a nasty bite on his hand though.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, norseman said:

The chimp DNA find wasn’t a hoax. It was confirmed by a lab at UCLA. And she is taking more samples right now in 2024.

I swear the Bigfoot community is its own worst enemy.

How many people participating in this thread has had a primate hit on any DNA sample you have taken in the field?  Has anyone in this thread taken a DNA sample at all and sent it in? 

If you don’t wanna watch the show? Fine. But short of little ole me putting one down on a hunting trip? Legit DNA samples being analyzed by genetic laboratories are about the best shot we have to solving this mystery. 

I took some poo samples of either a very large bear or a very large primate for Hiflier’s DNA study. After a year in the freezer my wife threw them out. Because Hiflier never lined up a lab for us to send DNA samples to. But I would be more than happy to participate if anyone has any better ideas. But for now I guess we are gonna rely on TV reality shows to foot the bill on labs while we all moan and complain about the soundtrack and b roll…..🙄

Sasquatch is a chimp? Pretty sure that chimp dna is just chimp dna. Doesn't prove anything. 

7 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

Sasquatch is a chimp? Pretty sure that chimp dna is just chimp dna. Doesn't prove anything. 

No S***!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1