Expedition Bigfoot Season 5

norseman

Hasn't the Portlock Alaska story been debunked?  Wasn't it shown that it closed due to Alaska Route 1 opening and that the Sasquatch rumour didn't start until the 2000s.  Pretty sure I read about it on Skeptoid, will try to chase down the episode

On 8/24/2024 at 8:02 PM, norseman said:

Most Indian tribes accused Sasquatch of cannibalism and kidnapping. You realize that right? Bauman. Albert Ostman. Mt. St. Helen’s miners. Portlock Alaska, Etc.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4772

Edited by Davo the blue
Add url

5 minutes ago, Davo the blue said:

Hasn't the Portlock Alaska story been debunked?  Wasn't it shown that it closed due to Alaska Route 1 opening and that the Sasquatch rumour didn't start until the 2000s.  Pretty sure I read about it on Skeptoid, will try to chase down the episode

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4772

There was a resurgence of the story in the late 1980's or '90's, but I'd known of it before that. I'd also heard two other stories (unconfirmed) of track finds on the Kenai Peninsula (one near Whittier/Portage, and the other near Seward) in the 1970's. Moreover, the Sterling Hwy (or Seward Hwy) wouldn't have been a factor in the Portlock story since no highway at all reaches across Kachemak Bay.

The story is still and has always been a part of the Port Graham native culture.

• Upvote 1

On 9/1/2024 at 1:45 AM, Huntster said:

The answer to this question is a solid yes. 

Back in 2005 a 600 lb tiger was repeatedly seen roaming around yards in the Malibu Hills of Los Angeles. Authorities blew off the calls at first, but eventually animal control personnel found footprints. They eventually shot it near the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. The authorities had no idea where the cat came from.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tiger-killed-near-reagan-library/

Was it this lion? 🤔

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-05-06/armed-police-called-after-bag-mistaken-for-stray-lion-in-kenya

13 minutes ago, Huntster said:

There was a resurgence of the story in the late 1980's or '90's, but I'd known of it before that. I'd also heard two other stories (unconfirmed) of track finds on the Kenai Peninsula (one near Whittier/Portage, and the other near Seward) in the 1970's. Moreover, the Sterling Hwy (or Seward Hwy) wouldn't have been a factor in the Portlock story since no highway at all reaches across Kachemak Bay.

The story is still and has always been a part of the Port Graham native culture.

Interesting Huntster - not the impression that the Skeptoid story gives so thanks for clarifying 👍🏻

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

@norseman now that the season is near its end, what has come of their work? anything interesting? if I was going to watch a couple episodes from this season, what are the best ones?

29 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

@norseman now that the season is near its end, what has come of their work? anything interesting? if I was going to watch a couple episodes from this season, what are the best ones?

Amazon is pissing me off. Discovery will release new episodes and nothing on Amazon. And I paid for the dang show. I would not buy from Amazon again.

Mireya collected a bunch of samples again. I would wait for the season conclusion and buy that. They did cast some footprints and found some structures and nests. Fingers crossed for DNA.

3 cast members plus crew makes for a fast way to contaminate DNA sampling. Time will tell.

I looked up hyperspectral camera and found an offering in the US for $16K without lens. They don't seem to be running out of toys n dollies to drag through the forest.

I don't have a TV and don't stream anything. This entertainment program has failed for 5 seasons. I did not miss anything. We should have a poll on the nests: 'Real' or 'Fake'.

With nothing to compare them to, it's hard to make a judgement. As far as I know, there are no publicly available pictures of the Olympic Project's nest finds, but the written description of them is similar to these in size and shape, but using different materials. I'm not saying Yea or Nay on these yet.