Early hunters in San Juan islands.

norseman

Admin

• Thanks 2

Good find Norseman. I feel that the  YouTube presentation was too short. There are several details to expand upon.

The use of the term 'Salish Sea' is annoying. Salish Sea does not appear on any charts.

The history of the Bison and horse in North America and Asia and Europe is amazing. Bison and horses originated in North America and then went over the Bering land bridge to Asia and parts further west. Bison were all over the US. The term 'Tobacco Road' refers to historic Bison trails that were used to move tobacco. Finding preserved fossils is difficult. Finding bones in an anaerobic environment is a long shot. We have a few peat bogs that reveal treasures. Peat bogs are anaerobic and loaded with tannins and preserve organic materials. Europe has peat bogs that have produced human remains. Worth time  for a Google search.

Washington State has the Bison bones and the Manis Mastodon which was found in the Sequim area. The Manis Mastodon was dated to about 14K years ago. Manis was digging on his property to make a pond in the area of a peat bog and dug up tusks. Further work produced more bones. This shows that a back hoe is an important archeological tool.

5 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Good find Norseman. I feel that the  YouTube presentation was too short. There are several details to expand upon.

The use of the term 'Salish Sea' is annoying. Salish Sea does not appear on any charts.

The history of the Bison and horse in North America and Asia and Europe is amazing. Bison and horses originated in North America and then went over the Bering land bridge to Asia and parts further west. Bison were all over the US. The term 'Tobacco Road' refers to historic Bison trails that were used to move tobacco. Finding preserved fossils is difficult. Finding bones in an anaerobic environment is a long shot. We have a few peat bogs that reveal treasures. Peat bogs are anaerobic and loaded with tannins and preserve organic materials. Europe has peat bogs that have produced human remains. Worth time  for a Google search.

Washington State has the Bison bones and the Manis Mastodon which was found in the Sequim area. The Manis Mastodon was dated to about 14K years ago. Manis was digging on his property to make a pond in the area of a peat bog and dug up tusks. Further work produced more bones. This shows that a back hoe is an important archeological tool.

This has to do with Sasquatch how? Sure, its cool. But, posting videos with no comment or context to the topic at hand is spammy. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

This has to do with Sasquatch how? Sure, its cool. But, posting videos with no comment or context to the topic at hand is spammy. 

I suggest finding a hobby besides chasing Norse around a bigfoot website.

• Like 1

Admin
59 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

Some theorize that Bigfoot followed the coastline down. With big game such as Bison right along the coastline? This would seem to reinforce that idea.

Why don’t you try posting some interesting topics yourself sometime….. instead of making snide comments?

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I suggest finding a hobby besides chasing Norse around a bigfoot website.

when one person posts as much as Norse does, it is hard not to follow him around the site. Just sayin. I enjoy his trail cam photo thread, I enjoy his thread about customizing vehicles. However, in the Sasquatch general forum, I generally like content that is on topic. This is a real stretch. I am well within my lane posting that I think its spammy. I stand by my comment. Posting videos with no comment or context is a half a step away from being a spam bot. 

• Downvote 1

On 9/4/2024 at 6:46 PM, norseman said:

Some theorize that Bigfoot followed the coastline down. With big game such as Bison right along the coastline? This would seem to reinforce that idea.

Maybe yes, maybe no. If you have a beach, you have food and fresh water travels towards beaches. The coastline migration routes are still debated.

Bison were all over the country side. I injected the horse activity. When the ice sheets retracted, there was nothing but glacial rubble. Animals would not take the inland route until food appeared. The first items to grow from the glacial rubble were grasses, shrubs and flowers. It takes centuries to regrow the forests that the glaciers ground up and plowed over. Grazers were the first into the unknown. Grazers like Bison and horses found food. Carnivores had to wait awhile until the herds increased in size.

Peat bogs have yielded important finds. We need more backhoe activity.