Bigfoot origin

idlehour30

Hi all

Making an assumption that Bigfoot is a flesh and blood being that evolved from something ape (Panina) or hominid (Hominina) some way back - and also assuming this snapshot of our current thinking is indeed correct as of today, where's your money for a Bigfoot origin and why?

Origin.png

• Thanks 1

Special shout out to Australopithecus prometheus. 

Looks like one mean son of a b*tch - but only about 4 ft tall. Supposedly the inspiration for Stanley Kubrick’s image of violent, bone-shattering apemen at the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

australopithecus-prometheus-kenobi-meme.jpg

Admin
7 hours ago, idlehour30 said:

Hi all

Making an assumption that Bigfoot is a flesh and blood being that evolved from something ape (Panina) or hominid (Hominina) some way back - and also assuming this snapshot of our current thinking is indeed correct as of today, where's your money for a Bigfoot origin and why?

Origin.png

https://boingboing.net/2015/12/07/scientist-3d-prints-hypothetic.html

12 hours ago, idlehour30 said:

Looks like one mean son of a b*tch - but only about 4 ft tall. Supposedly the inspiration for Stanley Kubrick’s image of violent, bone-shattering apemen at the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

'History of the World, Part I' from Mel Brooks has a toned-down, modernistic presentation of early hominid behavior that continues to the current era. All tribes and herds have had disciplined violence from their beginnings into present day. Stanley Kubrick started the movie with that theme.

Projecting 15 second movie scenes back millions of years is a stretch.

I don't know where Sasquatch came from and that remains a mystery. Every time I turn around, a new bone, tooth, jawbone, skull etc, etc, is found that rattles the tree of man.

As an educated guess i'd have to go with ape.  The branches on the bush of mankind have used fire for millions of years while Bigfoot doesn't appear to do so - I can't think of a single report tho that guarantees nothing - or at least it isn't commonly reported.  You could say similar for tools tho chimps do use basic tools (eg straws for eating ants) and Bigfoot reportedly uses sticks and/or rocks for communication.

Edited by Davo the blue
Typo