Bigfoot or other cryptids more visible in daytime or night....

Bucky

4 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

I don't think you can make the leap that everyone who has a thermal has or will upload video content. I have said many times that if I got the-real-McCoy video, it would never find its way to the public's eyes. I believe this concept is not unique to me. Therefore, it may very well be out there but the person who took the video is not willing to share it.

As far as the 99.9% is concerned, what researchers are you speaking of and how did you arrive at that percentage?

Then why have a social media channel . Do your thing and don't announce it you are a bigfoot researcher . Once most go down this path every forest sound is a bigfoot .

How I arrive at it is a lifetime in the woods  owning two hunting camps and not freaking out over night sounds 

• Upvote 1

Let's put it this way 

Show me one researcher  who has a social media channel or platform that says they haven't had an encounter . Guess what I can only think of one 

They all claim to have them and never anything . There should 1000's of videos of bigfoot on thermal in this day and age with all these claims.

and I want to make it clear I'm not calling them liars I'm saying they are mistaken .

Edited by 7.62

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

Maybe. As a hunter, I look for movement at long distances to locate game. In wooded areas where movement is masked by cover or long distance views are restricted by cover, I try to attract game with baits, scents, and calls.

One of the main reasons for switching from a revolver to a modern semi-automatic handgun for close range defense, especially at night while in a tent, is the newer, high powered lights that readily attach to these handguns. In the case that self defense is necessary, however, eye glow might only be a factor at longer ranges (>40-60 yards) where the light is losing range for identifying stationary creatures. 

If one was trying to catch eye shine from creatures at night, how far might a powerful, handheld flashlight reflect back? I would guesstimate that range would be effectively limited to a couple hundred yards. A car's headlights are @ 750 lumens, and most handheld flashlights don't offer much more than that power. I suppose one could find a fairly compact light that could double a vehicle headlight.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, FLY said:

Wow. Forget the eyeshine reflection. You'll blind the poor beast with that.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Let's put it this way 

Show me one researcher  who has a social media channel or platform that says they haven't had an encounter . Guess what I can only think of one 

They all claim to have them and never anything . There should 1000's of videos of bigfoot on thermal in this day and age with all these claims.

and I want to make it clear I'm not calling them liars I'm saying they are mistaken .

I don't visit social media channels unless there is a video I am specifically looking for, so I have nothing to offer in that regard. How about people here on BFF who have thermals? I suspect there quite a few of us myself included. Most of us have not boasted about having the real deal.  To the contrary, I'd say we tend toward being a Doubting Thomas and allowing thoughtful examination to guide us.

There are many of us here who've spent a lot of time in the woods. It is how I recreate and have done so for decades.  There are also many of us on BFF who have shared footprints, vocalizations, videos, pictures, sightings and encounters. Does the 99.9% you speak of apply to us as well? Have 99.9% of us mistaken about what we've seen or heard?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I don't visit social media channels unless there is a video I am specifically looking for, so I have nothing to offer in that regard. How about people here on BFF who have thermals? I suspect there quite a few of us myself included. Most of us have not boasted about having the real deal.  To the contrary, I'd say we tend toward being a Doubting Thomas and allowing thoughtful examination to guide us.

There are many of us here who've spent a lot of time in the woods. It is how I recreate and have done so for decades.  There are also many of us on BFF who have shared footprints, vocalizations, videos, pictures, sightings and encounters. Does the 99.9% you speak of apply to us as well? Have 99.9% of us mistaken about what we've seen or heard?

I watched a thermal posted and I saw the silhouette of a racoon climbing and horsing around on a tree but the person swears it was a bigfoot peeking around the tree .

I guess you see what you want to see .

Admin
3 hours ago, 7.62 said:

I watched a thermal posted and I saw the silhouette of a racoon climbing and horsing around on a tree but the person swears it was a bigfoot peeking around the tree .

I guess you see what you want to see .

Confirmation bias?

Admin
5 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

On who's part mine or the members  ? 

The people who see a raccoon and think it’s Bigfoot. 

Maybe that’s my problem. 

18 minutes ago, norseman said:

The people who see a raccoon and think it’s Bigfoot. 

Maybe that’s my problem. 

Yeah 

I have posted it before but once someone goes head first into researching this they tend to think every forest sound or tree fall is a sign of a  bigfoot .

I'm sure there's a few that can stay objective but not many . I remember watching one video where it was claimed bigfoot was throwing rocks at thier campsite  and they were filming and posting the action . The only thing they didn't seem to take into account was they were camped around walnut trees during the time of the season they drop. I saw the trees in the day time video they posted . If you have ever been around walnuts hitting the ground they sound like someone is throwing rocks near you.They hit the ground withna loud thud that sounds like a rock . My comment was deleted  from their page 

On 9/24/2024 at 9:07 PM, FLY said:

That light is crazy . I wonder how long the battery life is before it needs recahrging . 10 minutes ?

Admin
4 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Yeah 

I have posted it before but once someone goes head first into researching this they tend to think every forest sound or tree fall is a sign of a  bigfoot .

I'm sure there's a few that can stay objective but not many . I remember watching one video where it was claimed bigfoot was throwing rocks at thier campsite  and they were filming and posting the action . The only thing they didn't seem to take into account was they were camped around walnut trees during the time of the season they drop. I saw the trees in the day time video they posted . If you have ever been around walnuts hitting the ground they sound like someone is throwing rocks near you.They hit the ground withna loud thud that sounds like a rock . My comment was deleted  from their page 

There was a prominent poster here in the past. He made YouTube videos of Bigfoot audio. Which were Coyote calls. After being called out numerous times? He then switched it to Bigfoot was mimicking Coyotes…. Which maybe they do? Maybe they don’t? But if I hear a Coyote? I am going to assume it’s a Coyote until it’s not. Seems logical right? Why would you waste your time chasing Coyotes if that’s not what your after?

The stunning part is that people take offense to you pointing out said logic. 

You’re a hunter and I am a hunter. How do we kill a target species? Basically we gather intel of our target area. Whats the flora and fauna? Our success depends on the brevity of said intelligence. Convincing yourself a trail cam photo of a white tail buck is actually a Bull elk and sitting on that stand for days on end is not going to help you with success rate. Neither is plaster casts of said Bull Elk, or audio files that sound like a Buck that you assume are a Bull, etc.

Part of the problem is your success or failure as a “researcher” is based upon your trace evidence accumulation. And the more trace evidence you can nudge into the Bigfoot column makes your more successful. Which is NOT how hunting works. No one cares about your plaster casts and audio files. Where is the dead animal right? Very black or white.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, norseman said:

There was a prominent poster here in the past. He made YouTube videos of Bigfoot audio. Which were Coyote calls. After being called out numerous times? He then switched it to Bigfoot was mimicking Coyotes…. Which maybe they do? Maybe they don’t? But if I hear a Coyote? I am going to assume it’s a Coyote until it’s not. Seems logical right? Why would you waste your time chasing Coyotes if that’s not what your after?

The stunning part is that people take offense to you pointing out said logic. 

You’re a hunter and I am a hunter. How do we kill a target species? Basically we gather intel of our target area. Whats the flora and fauna? Our success depends on the brevity of said intelligence. Convincing yourself a trail cam photo of a white tail buck is actually a Bull elk and sitting on that stand for days on end is not going to help you with success rate. Neither is plaster casts of said Bull Elk, or audio files that sound like a Buck that you assume are a Bull, etc.

Part of the problem is your success or failure as a “researcher” is based upon your trace evidence accumulation. And the more trace evidence you can nudge into the Bigfoot column makes your more successful. Which is NOT how hunting works. No one cares about your plaster casts and audio files. Where is the dead animal right? Very black or white.

Not a thing I disagree with that you posted .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 7.62 said:

That light is crazy . I wonder how long the battery life is before it needs recahrging . 10 minutes ?

Modes & Run-time

Moonlight: 80 lumen (345hours); Low: 2000 lumens (18 hours); Middle Low: 4000 lumens (7 hours and 30minutes); Middle I: 9000 lumens (3 hours and 30minutes); Middle II: 18,000 lumens (1 hour and 35minutes); High I: 40,000 lumens (45 minutes); High II: 100,000~40,000 lumens (70s+42 minutes); Turbo: 200,000 lumen (45s+40minutes).

I remember watching a video , (back when that light came out) of a guy starting a campfire with the light.  I guess it's for when you absolutely , positively  need to light up that tree 200 yards away. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FLY said:

...........I guess it's for when you absolutely , positively  need to light up that tree 200 yards away. 

That thing needs to be configured into an automotive swivel mounted version powered by the vehicle electrical system. One could light up a region with it from the road.