Bigfoot or other cryptids more visible in daytime or night....

Bucky

On 9/24/2024 at 12:55 PM, 7.62 said:

Let's put it this way 

Show me one researcher  who has a social media channel or platform that says they haven't had an encounter . Guess what I can only think of one 

They all claim to have them and never anything . There should 1000's of videos of bigfoot on thermal in this day and age with all these claims.

and I want to make it clear I'm not calling them liars I'm saying they are mistaken .

1. what would someone gain by claiming to have had an encounter? ridicule? certainly. money? no. you realize that people aren't getting rich off of social media followings based on sasquatch? sure, there might be a unicorn or 2 out there who can eek out a buck, but for the most part, there is no money in the community or in gaining a following. 

2. you think hundreds of thousands of people are mistaken? interesting that they are wrong and you are the one who sees the truth. people aren't just making up sightings for attention and fun. there is nothing to be gained. we aren't talking about walnuts dropping, we are talking clear visual face to face sightings. you easily discount your fellow man, but I don't. 

3. have you considered that the things that they experienced in wilderness was the catalyst for starting a social media account to share their info, and not the other way around? 

4. There is good thermal footage out there. However, your expectation that there should be 1000s of videos of it is just not very well thought out. How many people do you think actually have a thermal camera with them in the forest, turned on at all times, to capture footage? its probably in the very low hundreds. My position is that these beings are far smarter than you give them credit for, and they are masters of their domain. There is a lot going on with them that you aren't even close to ready to consider that makes getting them on film a fools errand. Then, you have people like me who couldn't care less about getting video or film and just want to experience them in some way. Nobody owes you proof. 

22 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

........what would someone gain by claiming to have had an encounter? ridicule? certainly. money? no. you realize that people aren't getting rich off of social media followings based on sasquatch? sure, there might be a unicorn or 2 out there who can eek out a buck, but for the most part, there is no money in the community or in gaining a following..........

"Like and Follow!"

Dude, the absolute explosion of YouTube sasquatchery *proves* your claim of "no money" laughably false. 

17 minutes ago, Huntster said:

"Like and Follow!"

Dude, the absolute explosion of YouTube sasquatchery *proves* your claim of "no money" laughably false. 

the idea that people are getting rich from videos with sub 10K views is insane. do you understand the economics around a youtube video? you get 3K for a one million view video. you seem to be lacking some critical information to hold such a strong opinion. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

the idea that people are getting rich from videos with sub 10K views is insane..........

We're going from "no money" to "getting rich"? 

.........do you understand the economics around a youtube video?..........

Not fully, but I've watched numerous YouTube videos on monetization, and there most definitely people earning a full time living from it, and even a few "getting rich" doing it. 

.........you seem to be lacking some critical information to hold such a strong opinion. 

And you lose credibility using extreme language like "no money" in social media. So, go ahead and let's you and I go through the back-and-forth exchanges while you try to defend your unbalanced claim. I love this stuff. Let's see how much you enjoy it when it finally subsides........if it ever does.........

9 minutes ago, Huntster said:

We're going from "no money" to "getting rich"? 

Not fully, but I've watched numerous YouTube videos on monetization, and there most definitely people earning a full time living from it, and even a few "getting rich" doing it. 

And you lose credibility using extreme language like "no money" in social media. So, go ahead and let's you and I go through the back-and-forth exchanges while you try to defend your unbalanced claim. I love this stuff. Let's see how much you enjoy it when it finally subsides........if it ever does.........

there is no real money in sasquatch related social media, except for a tiny number of people. you don't understand the unit economics. you are falling for the hype which isn't real. not my job to help you. good luck figuring it out. 

• Upvote 1

Admin
1 hour ago, NorCalWitness said:

1. what would someone gain by claiming to have had an encounter? ridicule? certainly. money? no. you realize that people aren't getting rich off of social media followings based on sasquatch? sure, there might be a unicorn or 2 out there who can eek out a buck, but for the most part, there is no money in the community or in gaining a following. 

2. you think hundreds of thousands of people are mistaken? interesting that they are wrong and you are the one who sees the truth. people aren't just making up sightings for attention and fun. there is nothing to be gained. we aren't talking about walnuts dropping, we are talking clear visual face to face sightings. you easily discount your fellow man, but I don't. 

3. have you considered that the things that they experienced in wilderness was the catalyst for starting a social media account to share their info, and not the other way around? 

4. There is good thermal footage out there. However, your expectation that there should be 1000s of videos of it is just not very well thought out. How many people do you think actually have a thermal camera with them in the forest, turned on at all times, to capture footage? its probably in the very low hundreds. My position is that these beings are far smarter than you give them credit for, and they are masters of their domain. There is a lot going on with them that you aren't even close to ready to consider that makes getting them on film a fools errand. Then, you have people like me who couldn't care less about getting video or film and just want to experience them in some way. Nobody owes you proof. 

1) People claim all sorts of things for attention or for money or for the laughs. Humans are strange creatures.

2) It doesn’t matter. If it’s your claim? Then you shoulder the burden of proof. No proof? 🤷‍♂️

3) And that’s entirely possible. My experience certainly led me here. But it’s not my entire life. If Bigfoot doesn’t exist? I am not going to crumble. But some researchers are in that category.

4) They may well be smart. But here again the person making the claim owes us proof. That’s how the game is played. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

there is no real money in sasquatch related social media, except for a tiny number of people. you don't understand the unit economics...........

From "no money" to "getting rich" to now "no real money". And you still haven't addressed my original point of the virtual ocean of YouTube sasquatch videos out there. They literally run the gambit. We've got them with a single artistic pic of a terrifying man-monster with a narrator reading off bigfoot stories to interviews with Meldrum to AI creations trying to fool people to scammers like Todd Standing trying to..........do whatever it is he's been trying to do for the past 30 years. Some of these people are making money. No, they're not going to be the next Elon Musk, and no, most aren't even going to make it into the upper middle class with it. But the phenomenon is growing like a field of dandelions. And yes, the hype isn't real. It's the very mass media effect that Glickman identified decades ago:

http://www.photekimaging.com/Support/rptcol2.pdf

.........Let’s assume that manufactured reports will be uni- formly distributed across the population. If the rate of manufactured reports is constant, then the frequency of reports should correlate to population. To some degree, this is seen in Group B. There may be other unidentified influencing factors such as mean media exposure to Big- foot, which may influence the density of manufacturing.
The author speculates that Group A and Group B repre- sent different phenomenon. Group B may represent manufactured reports because of the correlation to popu- lation, whereas Group A may represent a different phe- nomenon because of its correlation to population density. The author hypothesizes that if Green’s data is the superposition of multiple phenomena that this is the expected result..........

.........you are falling for the hype which isn't real...........

No I'm not, and I'm not falling for your hype, either.

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

From "no money" to "getting rich" to now "no real money". And you still haven't addressed my original point of the virtual ocean of YouTube sasquatch videos out there. They literally run the gambit. We've got them with a single artistic pic of a terrifying man-monster with a narrator reading off bigfoot stories to interviews with Meldrum to AI creations trying to fool people to scammers like Todd Standing trying to..........do whatever it is he's been trying to do for the past 30 years. Some of these people are making money. No, they're not going to be the next Elon Musk, and no, most aren't even going to make it into the upper middle class with it. But the phenomenon is growing like a field of dandelions. And yes, the hype isn't real. It's the very mass media effect that Glickman identified decades ago:

http://www.photekimaging.com/Support/rptcol2.pdf

No I'm not, and I'm not falling for your hype, either.

Sasquatch Chronicles is one of the most popular Sasquatch related channels. 123K subscribers. He has 42M views. This is worth 126K. He has been creating the show for 9 years. He is making a whopping 14K a year. Or, look at it as 126K over 880 episodes, for a whopping total of $143.18 per episode. How long do you think it takes him to line up a guest, record, edit and produce each show? 10 hours? 20 hours? He is making 7-14 dollars an hour. Pennies. Financial gain is not an incentive for the social media sasquatch people. because it doesn't work. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorCalWitness said:

Sasquatch Chronicles is one of the most popular Sasquatch related channels. 123K subscribers. He has 42M views. This is worth 126K. He has been creating the show for 9 years. He is making a whopping 14K a year. Or, look at it as 126K over 880 episodes, for a whopping total of $143.18 per episode. How long do you think it takes him to line up a guest, record, edit and produce each show? 10 hours? 20 hours? He is making 7-14 dollars an hour. Pennies. Financial gain is not an incentive for the social media sasquatch people. because it doesn't work. 

Clearly, whether or not "it works" has little to do with it. Sasquatch videos are legion. You cannot count them. People might be making these videos in the hope of making money, or they might be making them because they're true believers, but the fact remains that they're being produced by the thousands. Almost NONE of the producers of these videos are actual bigfoot encounter witnesses. The vast majority recount somebody else's story, sometimes stories from a century ago. Example:

My YouTube search on "Muchalat Harry" produced 16 straight hits on that story alone, and unlimited bigfoot videos of all kinds, some of which also had "Muchalat Harry" in the title.

That first one, linked above, is from a channel called "Idaho Bigfoot". I'm not going to review the channel, but somebody is creating this stuff for a reason. You claim there's "no money", "no real money", and nobody is "getting rich". Well, it's still happening, and my bet is that they're either making money or trying desperately to do so. 

Moreover, all this exposure is having an effect on sasquatchery, and my opinion is that the effect isn't good or productive.

YMMV...........

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

Clearly, whether or not "it works" has little to do with it. Sasquatch videos are legion. You cannot count them. People might be making these videos in the hope of making money, or they might be making them because they're true believers, but the fact remains that they're being produced by the thousands. Almost NONE of the producers of these videos are actual bigfoot encounter witnesses. The vast majority recount somebody else's story, sometimes stories from a century ago. Example:

My YouTube search on "Muchalat Harry" produced 16 straight hits on that story alone, and unlimited bigfoot videos of all kinds, some of which also had "Muchalat Harry" in the title.

That first one, linked above, is from a channel called "Idaho Bigfoot". I'm not going to review the channel, but somebody is creating this stuff for a reason. You claim there's "no money", "no real money", and nobody is "getting rich". Well, it's still happening, and my bet is that they're either making money or trying desperately to do so. 

Moreover, all this exposure is having an effect on sasquatchery, and my opinion is that the effect isn't good or productive.

YMMV...........

Clearly people make these because they enjoy it. 

1 hour ago, Will said:

Clearly people make these because they enjoy it. 

LOL, okay Will. There we have it. Case closed.

Au revoir. 

10 minutes ago, Huntster said:

LOL, okay Will. There we have it. Case closed.

Au revoir. 

Look how much time we spend here, we aren’t making a dime. Clearly people invest a lot of time with this because they enjoy it. 

Admin
6 hours ago, Will said:

Look how much time we spend here, we aren’t making a dime. Clearly people invest a lot of time with this because they enjoy it. 

I went to the ocean shores Bigfoot expo. There was plenty of stuff for sale there. I have casts and books and other memorabilia I bought. Yes. People make money on the topic.

I think what NorCal is defending is that we are not all a bunch of money grubbing liars. Which yes we have charlatans in our mist. But most of us are not.

The JREFers call us larpers anyhow. Kids with foam swords hitting each other in a park….. I flat reject that analogy. 

As far as making money on this subject? Caveat Emptor. If you wanna buy the Sierra sounds for 20 bucks? Go ahead. Its your money. Do what makes you happy.

I thought NorCal was saying people do make money but not very much. 

My thought was people just enjoy the subject and spend an enormous amount of time on it. I would imagine having a sighting or something close to it would heighten that interest. 

Edited by Will