Name To Incorporate Wild Hairy Hominids Worldwide

BFF Patron

LOL cryptominid and hairyhom sound like insects? laugh.gif

I say we come up with an acronym that puts everything in there and covers all the bases.

Crypto

Hominid

Organisms

Almost

Discovered

Just spitballin' here.

Edited by arizonabigfoot

BFF Patron

I say we come up with an acronym that puts everything in there and covers all the bases.

Crypto

Hominid

Organisms

Almost

Discovered

Just spitballin' here.

So, it's settled BOATLOAD of BUFF *****!

:) Still so many possible names that dont only describe the hairyhom as big. Point of the group name being that there are also 4ft tall and smaller hairyhoms about, as well as ones with fangs, ones not with fangs, ones with four toes ...etc :blink:

Well good luck in your search for a polytomous adjective. Just remember what the 400 lb. woman always says, "One size does not fit all."

Guest Kronprinz Adam

:)I’m sure a number of people have thought on this, but wouldn’t it be good if we had a common name we applied to BF, Sasquatch, Yeren, Yeti, Yowie, Yahoo, Dooligah, Alma, Mongolian Monster and Wild Man?

Thing is when answering threads on BF Im constantly reminded that there are little to extremely small Sasquatch type bipedal hominids and using the term Big Foot doesn’t sit right (nor really to use the US Sasquatch or Tibeten Yeti or Chinese Yeren or Aussie Yowie). It would be great to have a word that incorporates these types of beings in general.

I am aware there is much discussion on whether the Australia Yowie (and really there are many types of Yowie and names) is the same as Sasquatch and whether the Yeti is the same as Yeren etc. Still we can have such a debate but at least have a word to direct those we are communicating with to the general group of very hairy bipedal (mostly) hominids . We could be the ones to come up with such a name on the Big Foot forums and this could be utilised anywhere in the world.

There are a number of benefits to having a word which by definition means those in the group of hairy hominids such as yeti, yeren, yowie, sasquatch of all sizes throughout the world. One benefit is that it immediately tells a new comer to the discussion on these beings, that there are many sizes and they are reported throughout the world. Secondly it would bring more people into a discussion who previously thought the discussion was only for the American sasquatch or the chinese yeren or the Australian Yowie.

Of course there are problems in giving one label to a whole group and this includes boxing all into one type. In general in fact I’m not one to try to label anything as I’m sure one day will not see such divisions between species or divisions in the way we may currently perceive. I imagine in time the group label will change in its definition in various ways.

Still on the whole for now I think a group name may be beneficial, bring more people into the discussion , and educate people from the definition of the name in itself (so more people know there are recorded in sightings across the world in various sizes etc) . A group name would direct people to seek more differentiated detail as well.

I think the name should be positive. What say y’all and who has a good, positive name for all these hairy wild hominids reported throughout the world of all sizes – a name pronounceable in any culture?

:unsure:

I personally like "relict hominoids"...

Well over one day on this thread there have been already 25 names provided which could nicely describe a group of hairy hominids who range in size and come from various regions across the world - Im guessing there are more names to come.

As I say, my idea here is just to have a name that caters for a wider discussion, and includes witness reports of hairyhominids of all sizes througout the world. If someone only wants information on Sasquatches they might post a thread asking a question re Sasquatches, but if they mean they want info about the wild hairy hominids in general then they will get a wider base of information if they use a general name which incorporates wild hairy hominids of all sizes throughout the world. :)

Edited by Encounter

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Well over one day on this thread there have been already 25 names provided which could nicely describe a group of hairy hominids who range in size and come from various regions across the world - Im guessing there are more names to come.

As I say, my idea here is just to have a name that caters for a wider discussion, and includes witness reports of hairyhominids of all sizes througout the world. If someone only wants information on Sasquatches they might post a thread asking a question re Sasquatches, but if they mean they want info about the wild hairy hominids in general then they will get a wider base of information if they use a general name which incorporates wild hairy hominids of all sizes throughout the world. :)

I think we can call them "Sisimites" like everyone else :D

Do we really need another term that caters for a wider discussion of crypto-man-beasts when "Bigfoot" is already widely recognised as referring to the phenomenon around the globe?

Those who may not know what a Yowie or Orang Pendek is get the idea if they are referred to as "the Australian Bigfoot" or "the Bigfoot of Sumatra". There's even a British Bigfoot in the Fortean Universe...

When it comes to the various pygmy-crypto-man-beasts, like the Junjudee, they are also colloquially referred to by enthusiasts as “Littlefoot†– maintaining the mysterious foot theme. If someone doesn’t quite get the reference then describing the pygmy-crypto-man-beasts as “a little Bigfoot†usually does the trick. Again, it is the “Bigfootâ€-part that is widely recognised.

I, too, would prefer the local names to endure but “Bigfoot†is the term which resonates globally across different cultures because – by hook or by crook – it encapsulates the essence of the mystery whether the subjects be giants, pygmies, or anything in between.

This phenomenon may be all things to everyone but does that mean we have to get all politically correct about it for the sake of the littl’uns?

“Bigfoot†says it all and so much more…

Do we really need another term that caters for a wider discussion of crypto-man-beasts when "Bigfoot" is already widely recognised as referring to the phenomenon around the globe?

Those who may not know what a Yowie or Orang Pendek is get the idea if they are referred to as "the Australian Bigfoot" or "the Bigfoot of Sumatra". There's even a British Bigfoot in the Fortean Universe...

When it comes to the various pygmy-crypto-man-beasts, like the Junjudee, they are also colloquially referred to by enthusiasts as “Littlefoot†– maintaining the mysterious foot theme. If someone doesn’t quite get the reference then describing the pygmy-crypto-man-beasts as “a little Bigfoot†usually does the trick. Again, it is the “Bigfootâ€-part that is widely recognised.

I, too, would prefer the local names to endure but “Bigfoot†is the term which resonates globally across different cultures because – by hook or by crook – it encapsulates the essence of the mystery whether the subjects be giants, pygmies, or anything in between.

This phenomenon may be all things to everyone but does that mean we have to get all politically correct about it for the sake of the littl’uns?

“Bigfoot†says it all and so much more…

I have never heard "Littlefoot" termed before, at least in Australia though Im sure that within the copies of discussion from one forum to another Little Foot for Junjudee has come up. I did a google on it by itself as you seem to sugest its a well known term at least for enthusiasts - I didnt bother scrolling down to to the third page on google and it was not there in the meaning of a little big foot or sasquatch.

The idea of this thread is to come up for a name which can be used internationally and incorperate... oh...geeze I really dont want to write it again, please just read this thread. I have had yowie experiences but Bigfoot doesnt come to my mind when I wish to give them an identification. I was of course quite happy to consider my yowie experiences as parallel to Sasquatch / Big Foot encounters but have found that there are those who dont aquait information on the Yowie to their Sasquatch / Big Foot enquiries.

As I recall, you have never had an encounter and so you likely dont feel a difficulty in engaging in Big Foot conversations speaking really on Yowies. You have had no personalised experience as I can read on your posts here and in the OzCryto forum.

Now would you like me to add some of the names you have offered (though you have offered them as if they were well known ) such as Littlebigfoot - I can put that on the list if you like. I certainly hadnt heard it before. :blink:

Edited by Encounter