Name To Incorporate Wild Hairy Hominids Worldwide

I was of course quite happy to consider my yowie experiences as parallel to Sasquatch / Big Foot encounters but have found that there are those who dont aquait information on the Yowie to their Sasquatch / Big Foot enquiries.

What information on the Yowie would that be? "Tree bites"? Almost everything we think we know about the Yowie comes from fantasists and fakers (Yes, I am more than happy to name them individually and the sky has yet to fall in) while almost everything else ("wood knocks", "stick formations", etc) has been imported from Bigfoot Research.

As I recall, you have never had an encounter and so you likely dont feel a difficulty in engaging in Big Foot conversations speaking really on Yowies. You have had no personalised experience as I can read on your posts here and in the OzCryto forum.

To my knowledge I am the only active Yowie Researcher who doesn't claim any sightings. "Bigfoot" is a good generic term when speaking about the Yowie, Yeti, Yeren, etc and also when speaking specifically about the American Bigfoot. Context is king. If there was tangible information separating Bigfoot (the American variety) from all the other global Bigfoots we wouldn't need to specualte upon it on a Fortean forum, would we?

Now would you like me to add some of the names you have offered (though you have offered them as if they were well known ) such as Littlebigfoot - I can put that on the list if you like. I certainly hadnt heard it before. :blink:

Are you implying that "Bigfoot" is not a well-known term? "A little Bigfoot" would only apply to the pygmy-types whereas "Bigfoot" is applicable to all whether they are big or little. So, if you need a term then I suggest adding the already widely used "Bigfoot" to the list...

What information on the Yowie would that be? "Tree bites"? Almost everything we think we know about the Yowie comes from fantasists and fakers (Yes, I am more than happy to name them individually and the sky has yet to fall in) while almost everything else ("wood knocks", "stick formations", etc) has been imported from Bigfoot Research...."

As I have sighted a yowie and have have been extremely close to one making a massive roar growl sound, have lived in an area where there were a number of sightings and tree knocks (investigated and no human was doing that ), I find it rather dismissive of you and denegrating to state that those providing information on Yowie experiences are by logic likely to be fakers and fantasists or have just transcribed an experience from the US. You are denegrating a number of people here in such generalisations.

I didnt know about that roar or the wood knocking until I experienced it. Now Night Walker, while it is clear from your history of posts that you have gone from being a person who just believes something because such and such a person wouldnt lie, or an off duty policeman wouldnt make up a story (very naive) to such a full on skeptic that you now see it all as fake. That is not investigation. There are subtleties - there are fakers and there are the genuine. I am not a faker and do somewhat resent your implying that yowie encounters are generally frauds. If you are talking about a couple of rather well known yowie "experts", we may actually be agreed.

You are basically saying that information from Yowie encounters should be discounted as either fake or seen as transcribed from Big Foot encounters in the USA - you discount and denegrate those who have had genuine experiences, and you also dismiss thousands of years of information from indigenous australians. This allows you no way of finding out whether yowie encounters are similar to US BF encounters, as you start off on the premis that there are no genuine encounters of the yowie independant of information put out from BF research.

"To my knowledge I am the only active Yowie Researcher who doesn't claim any sightings. "Bigfoot" is a good generic term when speaking about the Yowie, Yeti, Yeren, etc and also when speaking specifically about the American Bigfoot. Context is king. If there was tangible information separating Bigfoot (the American variety) from all the other global Bigfoots we wouldn't need to specualte upon it on a Fortean forum, would we?"

You obviously havent read my posts. I believe there is much that is the same and am concerned that people from other areas of the world may sometimes not join in on a bigfoot discussion concerning sightings of a similar being in their country thinking that they are not included in the discussion. I have also already noted that some do not connect yowie information to BF and disregard yowie information. A group world name will help to open discourse from around the world. That doesnt mean that we should not use Big Foot , Sasqatch, Yowie etc. It adds a name to serve a purpose as the need presents. The words we are using at present in the US Canada and Australia are quite recent. Another name as the world wide discussion on the hairy wild hominid is growing could be useful when talking very generally.

Edited by Encounter

BFF Patron

There we go another thread teetering on destruction because of infighting........geesh......can you take it to another forum or something, or read the rules maybe. wacko.gif

A reminder to our members...

Please keep it civil, guys. There's no need to keep attacking one another and taking the thread off-topic.

Please don't force a thread to become locked or an increase in warning status.

See

A reminder to our members...

Please keep it civil, guys. There's no need to keep attacking one another and taking the thread off-topic.

Please don't force a thread to become locked or an increase in warning status.

See

Okay I 'll throw out one to chew on:

Homo indomitus

I don't think it meets the suffix criteria or rules...but the root could stand....

and the genus and the idea they are different, enough so to justify their own species, regardless of DNA - assuming the sub-species is more about haplotypes...and also, it isn't regional, not in use, and evokes some good thoughts for me...and since we don't know H.erectus genome yet, leaves a few doors open?

so, man... but, wild..beyond laws

LOL I will not come back to defend...I noticed a similar thread a few weeks back and did not post...and this is why...a name can be meaningful for people and we don't have much say, so the need to REALLY say it here arises...:)

I was surprised by the resistence to the "h. sapien hirsutii"...so, just a thought!

Edited by apehuman

Okay I 'll throw out one to chew on:

Homo indomitus

I don't think it meets the suffix criteria or rules...but the root could stand....

and the genus and the idea they are different, enough so to justify their own species, regardless of DNA - assuming the sub-species is more about haplotypes...and also, it isn't regional, not in use, and evokes some good thoughts for me...and since we don't know H.erectus genome yet, leaves a few doors open?

so, man... but, wild..beyond laws

LOL I will not come back to defend...I noticed a similar thread a few weeks back and did not post...and this is why...a name can be meaningful for people and we don't have much say, so the need to REALLY say it here arises...:)

I was surprised by the resistence to the "h. sapien hirsutii"...so, just a thought!

Thanks for bringing the thread back to the thread Apehuman, for respecting the subject of the thread and for offering a good name. I will add "homo indomitus" to the list.

If you go simia/ Vir indomitus will that work some.Since i kinda of see them as a ape part man untamed.Beside they do not respect boundaries and they realy do not care nor do they care about rulers since they rule themselves.

vir / simia regitur qui nihil(man/ape who is ruled by none). Also you can go with qui praeesset saltus (people who rule the forest).

Ok so the list is now as follows :

hairy wild hominids

Feral Forest People

Homins

unknown bipedal entities

Zoobies

Crypto-hominids.

Homo arcana

Shadow people

Proto-human

Cryptominids

unknown bipedals

Greater Apes

Hirsutia

hairy hominin

pilosus - …

hairy-monkey-man

Habigot

MHB (mysterious hairy biped)

UHB (Unknown/Unclassified Hairy Biped)

hairy crytominid

wild man

Who (wild hairy one)

Hairyhom

Homo indomitus

h. sapien hirsutii

simia/ Vir indomitus

vir / simia regitur qui nihil(man/ape who is ruled by none)

qui praeesset saltus (people who rule the forest)

:) .... and continuing...

If you go simia/ Vir indomitus will that work some.Since i kinda of see them as a ape part man untamed.Beside they do not respect boundaries and they realy do not care nor do they care about rulers since they rule themselves.

vir / simia regitur qui nihil(man/ape who is ruled by none). Also you can go with qui praeesset saltus (people who rule the forest).

:) Have added your suggestions to the list julio126

Edited by Encounter

Ok so the list is now as follows :

hairy wild hominids

Feral Forest People

Homins

unknown bipedal entities

Zoobies

Crypto-hominids.

Homo arcana

Shadow people

Proto-human

Cryptominids

unknown bipedals

Greater Apes

Hirsutia

hairy hominin

pilosus - …

hairy-monkey-man

Habigot

hairy crytominid

wild man

Who (wild hairy one)

Hairyhom

Homo indomitus

h. sapien hirsutii

simia/ Vir indomitus

:) .... and continuing...

:) Have added your suggestions to the list julio126

This will undoubtedly reduce confusion.

Habigot has a certain ring to it... :)

Edited by Bonehead74

BFF Patron

I rather like gotihab myself! sleep.gif

In that case, you should definitely consider "Animan", plural: "Animen". The females would obviously be known as "Aniwomen".

Edited by Bonehead74

In that case, you should definitely consider "animan", plural "animen".

Thanks Bonehead, I'll add "Animan" to the list with the above "Manimal" :)

:) The current list is as follows :

hairy wild hominids

Feral Forest People

Homins

unknown bipedal entities

Zoobies

Crypto-hominids.

Homo arcana

Shadow people

Proto-human

Cryptominids

unknown bipedals

Greater Apes

Hirsutia

hairy hominin

pilosus - …

hairy-monkey-man

Habigot

hairy crytominid

wild man

Who (wild hairy one)

Hairyhom

Homo indomitus

h. sapien hirsutii

simia/ Vir indomitus

Manimal

Animan

Hairymanimal

Hairyaniman

Edited by Encounter