Name To Incorporate Wild Hairy Hominids Worldwide

Guest spurfoot

Many of the names make the assumption that bigfoot is either a man, lower ape, or relict hominid. I am of the opinion that BF is genus Homo, but that does not cover other hairy hominids such as "little foot", or Orang Pendaq.

This is why I favor the category neutral/theory neutral term "hirsutia" to cover the all encompassing objective of wild hairy beings of a generally hominid type.

Many of the names make the assumption that bigfoot is either a man, lower ape, or relict hominid. I am of the opinion that BF is genus Homo, but that does not cover other hairy hominids such as "little foot", or Orang Pendaq.

This is why I favor the category neutral/theory neutral term "hirsutia" to cover the all encompassing objective of wild hairy beings of a generally hominid type.

Hi Spurfoot, Hirsutia is on this list.I agree it is neutral, really just pertaining to the hairyness. I think that there now have been three people who argue for Hirsutia (or a form close to that such as "H Sapien Hirsutii" [if I recall was Apehumans' post]) so perhaps this will name will find its way to the fore.

Edited by Encounter

true....hence my penname "apehuman'

it is kind of clunky and yet appropriate at this stage of understanding..and I notice people who seem fond of my post respond with "ape"as though that is freindly.. I suppose if they are mad they will use "human" ?

so you can have my penname too

Guest Kronprinz Adam

:)

Hi Kronprinz Adam. I could add Sisimites to this list if you wish?

For sure!! I think this is exactly the name we all were looking for!! :D

true....hence my penname "apehuman'

it is kind of clunky and yet appropriate at this stage of understanding..and I notice people who seem fond of my post respond with "ape"as though that is freindly.. I suppose if they are mad they will use "human" ?

so you can have my penname too

OK will add your penname to the list on next update :)

Encounter you may be interested in searching for previous threads about this in the past if you would like to find other names as well. I know there is one that a lot of us participated in recently within the past two or three months which was probably in the General Discussion forum.

Encounter you may be interested in searching for previous threads about this in the past if you would like to find other names as well. I know there is one that a lot of us participated in recently within the past two or three months which was probably in the General Discussion forum.

Thanks Ill have a look through :)

Edited by Encounter

Guest openureyes

I can think of no one word to incorporate wild hairy hominids worldwide. We need 3 or 4 good words put together that best describe the majority of worldwide descriptions. I see your point and why you are wanting a generic term. But Im not sure if people from all around the world would ever use some english word or some word that we make up wouldn't they just continue to use the local term given by their native country and when they tell someone they saw a yeti and that person doesn't know what they're talking about thats when they'll have to start throwing around other names sasquatch, almas, yeren, orang pendek until they do know what they're talking about and then they would go into further details about what they saw specificaly and how its different from a skunk ape, a bigfoot or whatever term they're use to.

• 4 weeks later...