In-Line Trackways

HOLDMYBEER

But you are not going to see a consistant track as the ones that I have seen.In my own personal track I see where there is a slight heel mark in the snow where as the tracks that i haveseen there is no marks to be found.It seems like the creature had stepped straight down and left a perfect foot print .straight in line with no variation at all which one cna almost say that they walked along side and took a mold of a foot print and placed it evenly through out it's travel.That is what makes it so odd and why would a hoaxer go through so much trouble to be bent over making these tracks for such a long track way.This does not make sense and to top this in two different locations that are miles apart with the same charactistics of each other.It make no sense unless some one is truely pulling a hoax.

I don't know about that. I'm pretty consistent when I run and two separate spots miles apart aren't a big challenge. I have a car and could simply drive to them. Maybe just run over there. Why would a hoaxer have to bend over for that long anyway? Really it's not hard to do this.

I suspect the author of this spoof (Albert Ostman?) reads this forum.

I was just about to make the same comment in the separate thread for that piece. Oh, Squibby, who are ye? Like you implied, HOLDMYBEER, the timing of the Skiapod discussion and the article is just too perfect!

Edited by notgiganto

Guest tirademan

Sorry, but I hate this new image upload procedure...not user friendly! Outside links suck!

Just like the BFRO's and not like what we're used to! Bitching, because everything I do is a graphic attachment, sorry!

tirademan

http://i942.photobuc...lTracksSeen.jpg

Edited to say, I'm probably an idiot and can't figure out how to post an attachment inline with this new format!

Edited by tirademan

Help me out here, Tirademan. I see mention in the article of 'county line' but not 'in-line'. I must be missing something.

Hi Antfoot:

Though I certainly do not disagree that a human can maintain an inline trackway with a 4' stride over great distances. Piece of cake really (well, once you take the time to get into shape!).

However, I would be interested in seeing how one would fare in terrain, or deep snow, or say mud/sand with stompers on. To see if the track consistency (impressions, trackway in-line, stride) could be maintained.

I guess that's part of the reason I was curious if anyone had ever come across a study showing this. I would volunteer to attempt this, but unfortunately, I have no stompers, nor the cardio to pull something like this off. My tracks would be easy to debunk as I'd be lying dead after about 50 yards.

Thx.

Tirademan there is no "add new attachment" function that I can see. Only a option to include old attachments that you previously uploaded to the site by clicking on the My Media button. However if you click on the Image button(the green box under the smiley icon) you can paste your picture url into it then the picture will show in your post as it does in my post below. ;)

(Click to enlarge)

WV1940BlueDevilTracksSeen.jpg

Edited by Biggie
-Added text.

Guest ajciani

So is it fair to say that if something like Sasquatch existed, it would use this mode of walking when wanting to cross distance at a good speed? As in taking advantage of their long stride,to settle in and cover distance faster and more efficiently, kinda like we might have jogged?

Since BF would be a wild human, it would probably walk in an in-line manner all of the time, with very little camber. Even jogging, a human may have some camber.

Wearing stampers really messes up the stride. The snowshoe approximation would be just about correct.

As to this notion that big girth would create a large straddle, we are talking about mammals here, not reptiles. The legs are always slanted in, to place the foot fall as near to the center as possible. It doesn't matter if it is a cat, human, or a cow, their feet are always a lot closer in then the width of their hips. Domesticated animals tend to camber out their feet, which in turn tends to increase the straddle, while wild animals keep their feet straight and underneath. Walking with low or negative straddle is not a "supermodel" walk. It is the natural human or bigfoot walk. The hip-swaying supermodel walk is another unnatural way of moving. BTW, negative straddle means overlap of the footfalls along the line of travel, not crossed legs.

@slabdog

My group did find this trackway on the bank of the Neches River here in Texas. A couple miles in any direction to the nearest house or manmade structure. These were found after we had recorded interesting vocalisations and a bipedal sounding subject approach one of our recorders about two months prior.

The tracks were small at 9 inches in length. One would probably think they were just human tracks, but the walker came from the woods onto the bank barefooted , walked about 20 to 30 yards then re-entered the woods.

Some folks will kyak down this river, but they would come onto the bank from the water not the woods.

Kinda hard to tell what the straddle is there, and maybe two individuals.

post-215-0-45930700-1328913225_thumb.jpg

post-215-0-80375900-1328914052_thumb.jpg

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060803-footprint.html

I had found this article some time ago, but interesting about the one legged hopper discovered there in the fossilized tracks.

This part jumped out at me.

University

of Melbourne – provides an unparalleled data set

for comparing these Late Pleistocene Homo sapiens

with earlier fossil trackways. With estimates that the

size of modern humans has reduced by around 30%

since the end of the Pleistocene, rare trace fossils of

human locomotion such as the Willandra trackway

represent a treasure trove of information for understanding

the evolution of human movement.

• Upvote 1