Huntster Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago 2 minutes ago, norseman said: .........I don’t think their numbers could be high coexisting with us......... I agree. It's like grizzly bears and wolves co-existing with large populations of humans. If we aren't willing to accept human and livestock losses, it won't be happening successfully. 1
MIB Posted 2 hours ago Admin Posted 2 hours ago 5 hours ago, Huntster said: I agree. It's like grizzly bears and wolves co-existing with large populations of humans. If we aren't willing to accept human and livestock losses, it won't be happening successfully. Maybe, maybe not. This seems rooted in ape camp thinking .. rooted in a notion that sasquatch acts on instinct rather than culture or intelligence. Think about what we think we know about physical differences that lead to behaviors that avoid conflict, things like diurnal vs nocturnal, gracile vs robust, near bald vs hairy, running under hot sun across open plains vs walking nights on frozen mountains and the relative foot adaptations for each, about the need for tools and fire vs lack of those needs. Maybe that isn't limited to biology, maybe it extends to deliberate behavior selections that minimize conflict. Mind you, I can't prove it does, but I don't think we can safely assume it does not. "Religion", be it formal or be it mere human assumption of uniqueness / specialness, may tell some folks this can't be true but that's all it is .. assumption. If there is a baby in this bathwater we need to keep it all, not make random guesses and throw out parts which might indeed have the baby in them.
Huntster Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 27 minutes ago, MIB said: .........Maybe that isn't limited to biology, maybe it extends to deliberate behavior selections that minimize conflict.......... Oh, I believe that fully. In my example of grizzly bears, Anchorage is a perfect example. We have an estimated 60 grizzlies living within municipal borders. Not all behave nicely, but many do. Ditto the wolves. And I suspect sasquatches are smarter than the bears and wolves. With regard to Anchorage and its wildlife, recently I was told that the wolf packs that inhabited Ft. Richardson were ultimately destroyed. Their issue was that people would illegally walk their dogs on Army land, and the wolves eventually learned that they could take the dogs right off their leashes. As the problem grew, the Army "studied" it until attention waned...........then they killed them off. The bears? They can be a real problem. Fish and Game has killed 8 brown bears and 12 black bears in Anchorage this year. https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2026/09/22/bears-have-broken-into-vehicles-destroyed-garage-doors-even-tried-enter-home-anchorage/ As long as sasquatches remain mythical, police and wildlife officials won't be killing sasquatches when fearful folks call them.
Recommended Posts