Jump to content

Why is the Forest Service and BLM so quiet about Bigfoot?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

When I was younger, I had a dream Landscape Architect job with the Forest Service designing a large RV campground and a recreation park along the Applegate River in southern Oregon that took a year to do. I'm 79 now and want to be truthful about memories. After this was completed, my job became irritating and boring. No more parks were on the horizon, and my new job was to fool the public about logging! It was a clever plan that I've kept secret until now. My job was deception and to drive the main national forest highways and mark all the forest areas on a map that one can see from the road. I also marked forest areas behind mountains that were not seen. Can you guess where the plan for public deception is headed? The hillsides marked as unseen while driving the highway were going to be clear cut of all trees which upsets the public because Bamby the deer's forest was going to wiped out with logging and clear cutting. The refreshing forest seen from the highway were going to be preserved and all is good in nature land ................ so the public thinks. Needless to say, I became out raged, quit, and went to a different landscape architect job. My point is deception by the federal government that is also taking place with bigfoot. The forest service hires credentialed wildlife biologist and how many bigfoot reports have you read from one of these biologist? They spend hours driving remote forest roads, and hike on trails and a few of them must have seen bigfoot. Lots of people see them. I have two friends that saw one and I saw one too. See my eye witness sketch is below. Do some internet searches and find even one report by a forest service biologist that mentions or even focuses on bigfoot. One of the forest service's duties is to study and protect wildlife during logging operations. You as a taxpayer are still being kept in the dark when if comes to bigfoot? How do you feel about this dilemma?  What is your opinion? Should I have quit the forest service? Are we being kept in the dark?                             My sighting is below.sketchbf001.thumb.jpg.f2af497a7bc47577cd888e19a357f9bb.jpg

Edited by georgerm
  • Upvote 1
Posted

I heard about such practices a long time ago, and wouldn't be at all surprised to hear they're being considered once again as the current administration continues selling/leasing federal lands. Wasn't it the movie Brazil that ends with people driving down a highway with either a strip of forest along each side of the road or billboards blocking any view but the road itself(its been decades since I saw it..) And as the movie ends the camera pulls back and up, revealing all the surrounding hillsides clear cut to the dirt?

 

I think I might well have done the same, choosing to not be a a part of the deception, much less a part of the machine that advances such destruction of forest and habitat.

 

I have read a number of accounts submitted by current as well as former Forest Service agents/rangers/workers over the decades of reading accounts. But realistically, you'd think that if they reported all they'd seen that there would be a whole lot more of such accounts. It would be fascinating were there found a record of all bigfoot/sasquatch reports submitted by park visitors to rangers of a given park, even unofficial, just the guys at the desk writing them down, if nothing else, for even "just" that could show actual numbers of encounters, possibly seasonal trends, maybe even give some insight to their numbers in the immediate area.

Posted
On 9/27/2026 at 12:19 PM, guyzonthropus said:

I heard about such practices a long time ago, and wouldn't be at all surprised to hear they're being considered once again as the current administration continues selling/leasing federal lands. Wasn't it the movie Brazil that ends with people driving down a highway with either a strip of forest along each side of the road or billboards blocking any view but the road itself(its been decades since I saw it..) And as the movie ends the camera pulls back and up, revealing all the surrounding hillsides clear cut to the dirt?

 

I think I might well have done the same, choosing to not be a a part of the deception, much less a part of the machine that advances such destruction of forest and habitat.

 

I have read a number of accounts submitted by current as well as former Forest Service agents/rangers/workers over the decades of reading accounts. But realistically, you'd think that if they reported all they'd seen that there would be a whole lot more of such accounts. It would be fascinating were there found a record of all bigfoot/sasquatch reports submitted by park visitors to rangers of a given park, even unofficial, just the guys at the desk writing them down, if nothing else, for even "just" that could show actual numbers of encounters, possibly seasonal trends, maybe even give some insight to their numbers in the immediate area.

A campsite with a fire and cooking is a good way to attract a bigfoot rather than walking around searching for it. One has a chance to see a Sasquatch because bigfoot is curious and may sit while hidden and watch the activities. Bigfoots live in the deep forest where animals are plentiful so let bigfoot find you. Campers have a much better chance of seeing a bigfoot, a hoofed animal, or a bear. BFRO has lots of bigfoot evidence reports, but many parts of states go a long time before an actual sighting report is filed. Most reports are class two or three meaning bigfoot was not seen but signs of forest use were observed. Bigfoots also do their best to avoid humans probably because they witness humans tearing up their habitat with heavy equipment and clear-cutting forest. They watch game animals being shot by hunters which probably makes them wary of humans.


 

If bigfoots were ever discovered and were no longer a myth as the forest service has them classified, they probably have a good chance to be on the endangered species list. I have lived in Oregon my entire life, am 79, and have spent plenty of time in the forest or along rivers. I have seen plenty of deer, a few elk, and a least 5 bears. Most Oregonians never see a bigfoot then one day my luck changed roughly on my 40th birthday. During a moon lit night, I saw a bigfoot sneaking around our campsite while we slept out in the open. You can see my bigfoot sketch on the other thread I started. As mentioned before, camping is probably the best way to see a bigfoot. Camp out in a remote forest that has many BFRO reports, sleep under the stars, and hang some food from a tree. Leave the dog in the car at night, don't shoot guns, and carry on with your normal routine. Your luck may change.

×
×
  • Create New...