Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Back out yesterday, and walking down/in the creeks for a change, which is a rare occasion. Usually, and during this past drought the last several years, I've been up on higher ground. I figured with the beautiful creek flow & full pools that I wouldn't be the only critter wanting to enjoy, so was looking for sign all along both sides of a particular creek for several miles. There's one pool that holds water up in the hills during July & August, and if I'm hiking through there.......is on my list to water the dogs, plus there's always plenty of sign, as the other critters come here too. It's been dried out the last few years, so I hadn't been by there in a while. Went yesterday and found this obvious bedding area, and a heavily worn log on the pools edge. The bedding area looked recently used, and was about 7' long, and fairly wide on one end. I looked around the area, and didn't see any hair or tracks worth taking pictures of, just inconclusive ground disturbances. The worn log has an older cut limb, so a human obviously came through here a few years back and cut it off.......which would have been blocking the flow of the creek. Worn log areas and bed-down outlined in red.

post-193-0-00628200-1433350495_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-91094100-1433350505_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-53423900-1433350518_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-11453300-1433350534_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigtex

Here's the biggest storm of our May rainfall, and was last Thursday night.......bearing down on my little town.

post-193-0-96775900-1433368966.jpg

post-193-0-80493900-1433368981.jpg

Here are some more pictures of hiking this week;

Abandoned 9-Hole Golf Course, beautiful open area now, lotta wildlife

Hidden Lake, dried out during drought, now full to the brim

Dead Deer, been laying there 2 years

Human looking fossil print under water

Lulu chewing on a Deer spine

Hard to get these pictures in the same order as text, but hopefully you get the idea:)

post-193-0-19298900-1433516602_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-43232100-1433516622_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-88937400-1433516659_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-66922100-1433516683_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-50411600-1433516715_thumb.jpg

The main creeks are roaring, had a great time playing in Cow Creek yesterday.......hadn't been like this is years. The picture with black lines under water are wagon wheel ruts, which go both ways down this creek. These large flat creeks were the early highways before deforestation and roads built, and the ruts are very deep in some places, must have been a hub of human activity hundreds of years ago. The picture titled 'Cow Creek 3' is in the area where they filmed the movie 'Predators' with Adrian Brody.......they also filmed at Hamilton's Pool south of Austin. There's also a crazy number of human type prints in the limestone, and mixed in with the big lizards......kinda makes you go hmmm:)

post-193-0-46981700-1433701316_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-82808700-1433701331_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-95619700-1433701346_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-65633100-1433701567_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-88721300-1433701688_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-51886500-1433701843_thumb.jpg

Guest Divergent1

I just want to get in that water, roll in it,  and lay there. They say those human looking tracks are made by some kind of dinosaur that walks like an ostrich. Uness he sat down every step, I don't see it. There isn't "dinosaur" type of explanation for the fossilized print with toes in the pond on the golf course.

Walked like an Ostrich indeed, and if I believed that, might just think the large hairy-human female running around out here is my x-mother-in-law:) There are some really good dino-human track-ways up near Glen Rose, on the Paluxy River too. This was a predominantly Baptist community, and the human tracks were covered up and not shown until recently. It's very simple......Carbon 14 Dating is flawed, and they added too many zeros. I believe it is based on the CONSTANT decay of carbon-14 in the atmosphere, which is absurd to think that anything in the physical world remains constant. In this case......proof is in the rocks, it's more than over-whelming evidence down here. There's a good record of this carved in the ICA Stones of Peru, if you are looking for a good search & read.

There must be Aliens out here too........just like in the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers, here are the pods! (I'm kidding of course, but they looked creepy)

post-193-0-82857500-1433781563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigtex

Guest Divergent1

LOLOL....more cow bell, or some kind of lilly.

Edited by Divergent1

Actually, those pods above look like the ones from the original Thing movie, with a very young Matt Dillon (James Arness) as the monster.

Heard something going through the trash bin around 3:00 AM last night, and with a little more force than the normal Raccoon. I went out into the closed garage to get a better listen through the wall, and could hear strong breathing. I banged on the wall, then silence for exactly 5 minutes......then I gave the wall a few 4 finger scratches, and a return single bang strong enough to knock some stuff off the shelf on that inside wall.  I walked over and turned on the outdoor flood lights, and opened the garage.......nothing in sight, sound, or smell.

Went out there this morning, and the 4 pizza boxes were still on top in the trash can, each having a few old pieces in them when tossed, but all very neatly gone. It's not the first time I've noticed pizza slices missing out of pizza boxes, the big lugs must have some Italian in them I guess:)

And this IS the reason they come cruising through town every night......lotta good stuff in the big trash cans everyone has outside.

Here's a leaf print that was in the woods next store, and have found several over there through the years.

post-193-0-87783000-1434048041_thumb.jpg

LOL, you're so crazy. Now put some fresh batteries in your recorder and put on the nightstand ready to turn on for next time. I've often thought that they must know when garbage nights are.

Yup.....crazy for sure JKH, LOL. I don't put my home-made camera traps and audio stuff out for them around my house, it will just pee them off, and blow my credibility:)

They know my '86 GMC truck, they have surely seen it parked here and there around the surrounding woods for many years.......so the locals know where I live.

BFF Patron

What I find most incredible is that you have pizza left over. I find a way to eat all of it. No wonder the big guys are not interested in my garbage. Would not have thought they would like pizza.

LOL......I like cheese pizza, no toppings. The folks I live with get some very strange stuff on theirs, and they end up not liking it......glad someone around here does:)

One of the pizza boxes from the other night was one slice shy of a whole pizza, and had anchovies & black olives....yuk. Better leave some Rolaids by the trash can.

Starting to get hot now, but still great to be out hiking again on a regular basis. Lotta mud and tracks from the rains.......here's an interesting print, found on a creek bank.

post-193-0-75225900-1434117171_thumb.jpg

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic