Things That Dont Make Sense About Bigfoot

I know cats sound like crying babies sometimes but if you listen for a bit,there is a difference. Not saying bigfoot would have a crying infant but some think they have speech. To have speech they would have to have crying infants.

I've read about baby cries in the woods... Iowa and Illinois reports I think. Search Stan Courtneys blog about some audio in this regard.C(Crying bridges?)

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=25836

Withstanding severe cold.

It does not make sense to me how they can withstand the harsh (cold) climate. I can barely stand it outside (single digit temps) with decent gloves and boots, yet they are out there with just a "fur" coat. And bare feet.

ACTUALLY, it does not make sense to me that even deer or bear or dogs for that matter can stand the cold so much better than we can.

Even with a deers spindly little legs. How come more birds do not get frostbite in their skinny little legs?

The BF must have thicker skin. Or what other physiological feature allows mammals to be out in the cold better than us?

Good post!

From what I have seen of detailed computer renderings of their faces, some guys over at the Kiamichi boards did some awesome ones, their skin is many times thicker than ours, even more so than a apes would be of that size. Several native legends took note than the bow/arrows they used to take prey simply bounced off of the Forest Giants, and after seeing those renderings, I believe it entirely.

I would say also, that their size helps to keep them very very warm. Blood circulation for the most part is what keeps us up and running in the extreme cold, imagine how much blood is pumping through them? 10 foot tall, 1500lbs of rock solid muscle. I would say that winter is a very easy time of year for them, seeing as how they are very often seen walking in bloody cold creeks even in sub zero temperatures with no problems at all, that would kill one of us very quickly. I often thought that it was summer that killed them, and that they had horrible times controlling their body heat being so well adapted for the cold. I guess they get around this by sleeping in the day in brush and only moving about in the coolest hours, and doing it in water.

Just my two cents :P

"Crying Bridges" why didn't I think of that? How many ghost stories have we heard where someone heard a baby crying as they crossed a bridge in a rural area. I may have to search paranormal reports for that just to see if they coincide with BF reports to any extent.

Look up antifreeze proteins in blood. There are several mammals like whales, otters, seals, that have some version of this that protects them from frostbite. It might be applicable to bigfoot.

Isn't their some type of Tibetan native(Something around that region) that has something like that in their blood Jodie? They simply do not have trouble with cold to any extent because of it.

Treeknocker actually has some info on that. From what I remember reading in the literature that he linked to me it was some kind of cold adaptation that kept there circulation going in the toes and fingers where in us, we constrict to conserve body heat at the core. I don't think I've ever heard of apes or humans having it naturally. They have used AFP's type I, II, and III and human blood cells in experiments with cryopreservation.

Guest TooRisky

I've read about baby cries in the woods... Iowa and Illinois reports I think. Search Stan Courtneys blog about some audio in this regard.C(Crying bridges?)

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=25836

Withstanding severe cold.

It does not make sense to me how they can withstand the harsh (cold) climate. I can barely stand it outside (single digit temps) with decent gloves and boots, yet they are out there with just a "fur" coat. And bare feet.

ACTUALLY, it does not make sense to me that even deer or bear or dogs for that matter can stand the cold so much better than we can.

Even with a deers spindly little legs. How come more birds do not get frostbite in their skinny little legs?

The BF must have thicker skin. Or what other physiological feature allows mammals to be out in the cold better than us?

It is a fact that Humans are the only creature of this planet that cannot survive in it's natural envorment... Makes ya wonder huh... OH PS birds have hallow bones so they can with stand cold(er) temps...

good stuff xion.. another one: How come with all the digital cameras out there, professional even, available to all, we still do not have

super pictures that exceed the quality of the Patty film ? Are they hidden? Does this mean they do not exist ? None of that makes any sense.

good stuff xion.. another one: How come with all the digital cameras out there, professional even, available to all, we still do not have

super pictures that exceed the quality of the Patty film ? Are they hidden? Does this mean they do not exist ? None of that makes any sense.

I know for a near fact that many very good photos are simply kept personal because the holder 1. Doesn't give a F, 2. Doesn't want to be made fun of.

Their was one, someone mentioned it either on the Old Boards or the Kiamichi ones, where a lady had taken a picture of a creek that fell down a waterfall. A juvenile Sasquatch was blatantly, in high quality resolution, just sitting on a rock on top of the waterfall sort of hanging out relaxing. She didn't see it when she took the photo because it was the same color as the rocks and as is the case when taking pictures, wasn't paying a helluva lot of attention to where she was aiming it. It obstructs its own view. Their are many other guys both on this board and the Kiamichi one's that do have some unreal interesting photos, and I can bring up 2 of them I know of if you want here, but they are not obvious to say.

2. Have you looked at the prices of digital cameras? Easily 200-400 dollars in a hurry. And that is the "Low range" ****. I personally could never afford something like that. For most people when they encounter a Sasquatch, it can be standing mere feet away blatantly upright in front of them and they will never see it, this is a fact. I have seen people do it with things that move around and are a different color from the background. The Sasquatches are so broad and big that they blend in perfectly with the environment, that is not even taking into account the color of their skin/hair, and the increadalbe stillness they can achieve when "hiding". In the two photos I can show you, you won't even see them even though they are exposed in the treeline, except in one the eyes glow and it is pretty obvious(Night photo).

3. David Paulides has found out that trail cameras, even of the highest quality, emit a high frequency sound that is above our range. It has been documented, however, to be well within the Forest Giants. Their have been several accounts, including the one were David discovered this, where a individual would know of a high activity area. They would go up and place a TRAIL camera in the area, and the activity was done, the critters had moved miles out of range. This happens every single time. I believe that most Digital cameras may do the same, they can hear it. You can hear many electronic gizmos, like TVs especially, in this same manner when they are on. I can hear some of my PCs when they come on, and it is a horrible sound that I can blank out after a while. Have you ever seen the apps for Iphone? The ones with the high frequency sounds? At one level it is excruciatingly painful for younger people, and the younger they are the worse it hurts. But eventually, after age 30 or so, they cannot hear it at all. So the kids are squirming around in a bad place and are in actual pain while the parents are just "Wtf?" XD

3A. And this brings be to a point...

***A note for all those going out in the field/working in the field! If you suspect that a area has ANY Sasquatch activity, DO NOT EVER put out a camera! Never ever! IF ANYTHING PUT OUT SOME DEER LIVERS/APPLES/DEER MEAT!!! When I go out in the field, also, I have ALL electronics turned off because I have yet to study the possible hearing capacities of the Sasquatch. They are not the only primates that can hear these high frequency sounds, and it is possible, a thought, that very few but some humans can too! Besides, when you are out with a device that gets low-no bars/connection and is trying to find a satellite, it will drain its battery FAST, TURN IT OFF XD! Until I, or someone, can speculate on what this range is for them, it is fruitless to even try trail cameras. I keep all of my electronics off, and have a Digital Camera that comes on very quickly just in case it emits the sounds as well, as a human cannot hear them, this also save on battery life.****

The Cost to Coast show where David Paulides talks about this, and other things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD0NmlBqjNw&feature=related

4. Robert Morgan brought up a excellent point also. What do you do when you go to use a camera? You hold it up to your eye and pull the trigger...oh wait...you do the same with GUNS! So if you are standing in front of one and really, put ANYTHING in that position, it is going to run like a Biatch before it even reaches your eyes! It looks the same to them as does getting ready to fire a gun, even though they can probably differentiate, they will not take the chances of that being just a new weird looking firearm, and some of the bigger cameras are almost identical to a odd looking gun. And I would say that if you are running around taking pictures of everything, they will see that, and just leave you be. So I have my camera tied around my neck high, I just hit the button(Flash is always off) and it is already in a position good enough to capture what I wanted to! Some people here are much more tech savvy than me, and can find even better methods of stealth camera! Would be good to hear some ideas! :D

Guest gershake

I know for a near fact that many very good photos are simply kept personal because the holder 1. Doesn't give a F, 2. Doesn't want to be made fun of.

Their was one, someone mentioned it either on the Old Boards or the Kiamichi ones, where a lady had taken a picture of a creek that fell down a waterfall. A juvenile Sasquatch was blatantly, in high quality resolution, just sitting on a rock on top of the waterfall sort of hanging out relaxing. She didn't see it when she took the photo because it was the same color as the rocks and as is the case when taking pictures, wasn't paying a helluva lot of attention to where she was aiming it. It obstructs its own view. Their are many other guys both on this board and the Kiamichi one's that do have some unreal interesting photos, and I can bring up 2 of them I know of if you want here, but they are not obvious to say.

Solving the mystery could be so easy... :(:angry:

good stuff, lotta factors. How come we cant get better results from dna fr hair,poo,blood, snot, urine or other bodily fluids ? Does that make sense ?

Guest ShadowPrime

Some things about BF clearly cut both ways. I have noted this in talking about the PGF - on one hand, I think it is legit to say that if the PGF as a hoax (and apparently a rather simple one - a guy running across a sandbar in an amateurish monkey suit with padding, if the skeptics are to be believed) - why haven't we seen a dozen more PGFs? On the flip side, if the PGF is legit, why haven't we seen at least a couple more PGFs? You can offer explanations either way, and good ones, but... just saying that the issue can turn in two directions, depending on your outlook.

I mention all this when it comes to pics because one thing that MIGHT explain the lack of really good pics is that it seems to me that most BF sightings reports involve folks encountering BF while just going about their business (that is, non-BF hunters), who are startled/surprised, and who have sightings of the BF often under partial cover, and of very short duration. The witness has maybe a few seconds to get that camera out (if they have one, and if they aren't driving!), get it aimed, get the shot. And from what range? Putting all that together - on top of the mention above of the cost of really GOOD cameras, even today - maybe it ISN'T surprising that we don't see more pics. If you assume BF is stealthy, cautious, smart, and rare, and couple it with the brief nature of most sightings, usually involving cover, well...

OR maybe you can chalk it up to the notion that BF isn't out there to be photographed in the first place. ;-)

I lean towards the former, but I can understand thinking of the latter...

Shadow

I was watching Monsterquest on one of those episodes about wild men where some scientist is looking at a hair through the microscope. Just on visual exam, the guy held the strand of hair up to the florescent light and commented on the reflective quality. Is it possible that sasquatch hair has a quality that bounces light like reflective sunglasses or something? That would explain why some shots are blurry.....It might also help them stay hidden in brush and allow them to blend better with the vegetation when sunlight or moonlight is shining through the leaves. My hair is light brown with blonde and red highlights, now with lots of silvery gray. I noticed that my hair is extremely shiny in photos. I may give this a try, once the ice melts, and get my brother to take a few pics of the back of my head in some brush just to see if I get the blobsquatch affect.

SSR Team

Anyone know if ape babies "cry"?

But hey, wasn't kidding about my vast zoological ignorance - I KNOW there are many on this board with a lot more knowledge to offer. So how about it... if BF babies were akin to chimp or gorilla babies, would we "expect" to hear a lot of "crying"?

Shadow

6. Gorillas are very intelligent, and they share with us a full range of emotions: love, hate, fear, grief, joy, greed, generosity, pride, shame, empathy, and jealousy. They laugh when they are tickled and cry when they are sad or hurt. Gorillas cry with sounds, not tears.

http://www.koko.org/kidsclub/learn/10facts.html

• Upvote 1

I was watching Monsterquest on one of those episodes about wild men where some scientist is looking at a hair through the microscope. Just on visual exam, the guy held the strand of hair up to the florescent light and commented on the reflective quality. Is it possible that sasquatch hair has a quality that bounces light like reflective sunglasses or something? That would explain why some shots are blurry.....It might also help them stay hidden in brush and allow them to blend better with the vegetation when sunlight or moonlight is shining through the leaves. My hair is light brown with blonde and red highlights, now with lots of silvery gray. I noticed that my hair is extremely shiny in photos. I may give this a try, once the ice melts, and get my brother to take a few pics of the back of my head in some brush just to see if I get the blobsquatch affect.

That would correlate with some Native accounts, where they believed them to have a almost chameleon like ability to change to colors of their immediate surroundings and would also help to explain how they can be so well hidden/blend in in all environments.