Questions For The Knowers

Obviously, to me, this is the best place for knowers. Everyone is certainly welcome but I think of this more as there safe haven. I know folks ask for evidence and try to find answers for what you saw. It feels like an attack, I'm sure. They see it as for the "greater good," usually. If they can not debunk your sighting or experience, it chalks up to the "real" stats. Those of us asking these questions would not like to see something now well looked into to be put in the real camp. Not only does it look bad if debunked later but it could also cause you to continue to get false reports it you are just hearing a barn owl. In reality it could be helping you refine what you look for so you will KNOW when you have the real deal. Obviously some of you don't need that help if you had lunch with a sasquatch then played kick ball (fun way of saying extended experience) but there are others that do. I just hope no one takes it personal if I start asking you how you know. I mean no ill will towards anyone and would gladly sit down and have a beer with any of you. Except Ausin M. Give it 5 years and then I'll have a beer with you. Lol.

The only thing that kind of wrankles me is when you have someone claiming evidence and refusing to share it. If you don't want to share it that is 100% fine. You do, however, make me want to see said evidence. So if someone has offended you and now you won't show said evidence I feel like I can't have dessert because my sister wouldn't finish her vegitables and she can't have dessert, ya dig? A lot of times I'd rather not hear that you have evidence at all. To know there is evidence out there, that could blow this wide open... well it keeps me up at night.

....... I've been subject to great ridicule, and only keep my experience strictly to my friends. Everybody else thinks "I am waisting my time" at age 16.

yep, sounds familiar, which got you another +1.

but it seems at least you have some friends willing to listen & not make fun of you. thats a good thing.

some folks here will listen,offer advice etc & others may ridicule , but at the end of the day its pretty good place for those with an interest.

welcome aboard buddy.

Guest Crowlogic

Knowing is to believing is what being is to seeming. I'm a very very marginal believer at this point. That true knowers seem melt away into silence implies to me that either the phenom is perhaps not so earth shattering many would assume it should be or there aren't any true knowers after all. Firm believers are plentiful but unshakable knowers? I've yet to meet one.

Guest BFSleuth

That true knowers seem melt away into silence implies to me that either the phenom is perhaps not so earth shattering many would assume it should be or there aren't any true knowers after all.

My read on it is that the witnesses/knowers silence is more due to intransigent skeptics who frequently denigrate witness accounts on this forum. We frequently have had witnesses post their experiences and come under some level of attack, often because their experiences fall outside the "acceptable limitations" of what proponents or skeptics think BF should be like.

As a "proponent" (I like Mulder's proposal for an alternate for "believer") without a direct sighting, I would like to see a more positive environment for witnesses to tell their stories simply because I want to learn more about BF behavior and capabilities.

SSR Team

Obviously, to me, this is the best place for knowers. Everyone is certainly welcome but I think of this more as there safe haven. I know folks ask for evidence and try to find answers for what you saw. It feels like an attack, I'm sure. They see it as for the "greater good," usually. If they can not debunk your sighting or experience, it chalks up to the "real" stats.

The only thing that kind of wrankles me is when you have someone claiming evidence and refusing to share it. If you don't want to share it that is 100% fine. You do, however, make me want to see said evidence. So if someone has offended you and now you won't show said evidence I feel like I can't have dessert because my sister wouldn't finish her vegitables and she can't have dessert, ya dig? A lot of times I'd rather not hear that you have evidence at all. To know there is evidence out there, that could blow this wide open... well it keeps me up at night.

I couldn't disagree more.

This is one of the problems though Colosus and like BFS just said, for all these people wanting to play the Cop and get their questioning in on a witness, especially a new witness, not everyone and in fact probably a small proportion would be up for that and i don't blame them.

It's one of the reason i never made a big deal out of my sighting, why on earth would i want someone who thinks they can play Cop and question what i saw that day on an Internet forum ??

Don't think so, i have no interest in what anyone else thinks about that day as it will make NO difference whatsoever to anything and the only thing it could possibly do is get me worked up where people's " line of questioning " is concerned.

It's just an excuse for many to be able to have some kind of power over people, power that enables them, because it falls within the rules and guidelines of the that the forum sets out, to be able to question others in a way that they probably wouldn't be able to do in the real world as opposed to the cyber world.

For every one person refusing to share evidence Colosus, you'd have 10 plus that probably weren't capable of getting any evidence i'd say anyway, for all kinds of reasons or when people do and they share it, it generally doesn't fall within the parameters of what lot's on here regard as good evidence anyway so it's pretty much a no win situation for many in my eyes.

This Forum is great, don't get me wrong, but it most certainly isn't a place for people to come in the belief that sharing something that is hard enough to get your head around in the first place, sharing an experience of something that's happened to you that everybody tells you doesn't exist anyway, can be done comfortably and i am under no illusions that more people would have not shared their stories than have shared their stories on here if they done their homework on it first.

Myself being a prime example.

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 1

Guest BFSleuth

Very eloquently put, BobbyO. I've seen many a thread begun by a proponent or witness with a request to keep the skepticism at bay, but that never really seems to work. While the strength of the BFF is that it does allow people of all persuasions to enter the discussion, this does tend to limit the comfort level for witnesses... especially new witnesses. On the other hand the greatest strength of this forum is that we have people with a wide array of skills, knowledge, and talents. When new images, video, or reports come online this forum is really the leader in finding out the truth behind some stories or evidence.

SSR Team

It's like all things i guess, it's about getting the balance right which in defence, isn't that easy to do as you can't please everyone.

I've read several posts in the last few weeks that, in effect said, "If you can't or won't prove it, I don't want to read about it."

Pictures can be 'shopped, movies altered, sounds imitated, and hair and footprints can be faked and lied about. The knowers know bigfoot is real, and they know no evidence is sufficient to prove it to anyone who insists they don't believe it after seeing and hearing and reading even a fraction of all the material there is out there to see, hear, and read about bigfoot.

Clearly it's real. Clearly they just still can't grasp the fact, which is understandable. Those who demand evidence know there IS evidence. They just have the cognitive dissonance issue to deal with. They think if we deliver a bigfoot to their door, they will finally have it sink in. The last hit of the hammer to that pesky nail.

Edited by Kings Canyon

I've read several posts in the last few weeks that, in effect said, "If you can't or won't prove it, I don't want to read about it."

It would need to be the "What I had for Dinner Forum" then.

My read on it is that the witnesses/knowers silence is more due to intransigent skeptics who frequently denigrate witness accounts on this forum. We frequently have had witnesses post their experiences and come under some level of attack, often because their experiences fall outside the "acceptable limitations" of what proponents or skeptics think BF should be like.

Oh so true...An eyewitness could turn up with a report PLUS a good clear photo PLUS recovered hairs PLUS the world'd best cast track and some of our Skeptical bretheren would still summarily dismiss it as "just another story".

It would need to be the "What I had for Dinner Forum" then.

That's what I thought. And I'm not sure we could even prove that to some people's satisfaction.

Guest KentuckyApeman

Well let me pose a question to those who have had an unmistakable encounter, solid visual sighting, etc. Those who have, I've read here where they have a certain 'tone', such as, "I don't care what anyone thinks, I know what I saw!" Ok, fair enough.

But what was your attitude before you had your experience? Were you a true blue believer, a skeptic, or someone who completely dismissed the existence of such a creature? I've heard quite a few comment that they were confirmed non-believers, and considered any talk of BF a load of hooey.

So now if you hark back to those pre-sighting days, keep in mind the denial or disbelief the majority of people still have, particularly in the scientific arena. Weren't you once a member of that group?