Questions For The Knowers

Well it's probably sciences "dirty little secret" that it's only relatively recently that we've been able to take the eyeball out of the loop in the hard sciences. i.e. make instruments that automatically record results, rather than relying on a "witness" to say the pointer moved to 3.7 or the solution turned green. Sure a lot of it is repeatable in a lab in front of more "witnesses" but there's been a few "big" experiments, where due to funding or opportunity, the result reproduction was not accessible generally, for as long as a couple of decades even, meanwhile science proceeded while accepting "witness" testimony. Even then, although other experiments were done to confirm a theory, it has been the case that the experiments confirming it have all been different, so in effect you've got one witness to a footprint, one to a howl, one to a figure, one to a head peeking around something, one to a hair sample... though to be fair, such theories that were proved in such a manner although they had early adherents often weren't seen as mainstream for many years.

Personally, I don't quite believe my own eyes.. the processing system "latches" onto familiar objects... I'd probably need longer than 2 seconds to be sure it was unusual, longer than 5 to make any true comparison to notable renditions, 7 or 8 seconds to begin to observe in detail, and 10 or so to remember if I have a camera on me, and 15+ seconds to get a shot off, 20+ seconds to get an in focus shot, 30+ seconds to get an in focus shot with the right shutter speed or aperture for the conditions.... by which time you've got a 1/10 frame height blobsquatch... though you may as well make the choice then, "do I have the lens and resolution enough to make this worthwhile or shall I just make the most of this limited opportunity to drink in details by eyeball, knowing that wrestling with a point and shoot or cell cam will get me a blob"... but I digress...

I get the idea that some "knowers" have been so shocked that they come here somewhat for the "group therapy" aspect.

I come to this forum because I want to hear and read from others about their experiences with what they saw. That is the smallest part, really.

I'm curious as to what kind of creature they are, and, there are plenty of accounts and observations of behavior that can be found, if not here, then someone here knows where. Until there is a major breakthrough and we are able to study these creatures, as a critical thinker, and heavy reader I can sort through the BS, theorize, and adjust my theory according to what seems more or less credible. Gathering Intel, so to speak.

Finally, this, to me, is a news forum. What better place to gauge trends in bigfootery than a bigfoot fansite?

I DO sit back and laugh, sometimes.

What I laugh at is when someone who wants to believe very badly posts an image, saying there an eight foot tall hairy man there, and all I see is a bunch of leaves. Then they draw an outline with a red marker, and it still looks like leaves.

I'm not one who is subject to pareidolia. I think it's the way I was made

Edited by PsyShroom

Well let me pose a question to those who have had an unmistakable encounter, solid visual sighting, etc. Those who have, I've read here where they have a certain 'tone', such as, "I don't care what anyone thinks, I know what I saw!" Ok, fair enough.

But what was your attitude before you had your experience?

I used to think bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster and other cryptids were cool hobbies to have. My main interest in unusual things was in megaliths - huge stones - and Grail Mythology. I traveled to England to see Stonehenge and Avebury, Glastonbury well etc. I am interested in Baalbek and Manchu Pichu and other unexplainable stone buildings and creations. I also like in a general way, out of place objects like the Kensington Runestone and Antikythera Mechanism. I am also interested in reincarnation and orbs.

It wasn't until I was trading whistles with two creatures, who should not exist, who were 100 and 150 yards from me behind buildings, that I developed a rapid obsessive interest in bigfoot on August 19th.

We are social beings. We are strongest when we are a group. We share information with other people, because it is in our own best interests to do so. Of course we cannot always believe what others say, but if someone says "the bridge ahead is out" we will likely slow down to approach with caution.

I used to be a skeptic when I was young, but there was always the lingering possibility that BF was real. Later, I read what people said about BF because I was courious. It was an interesting and frightening subject. For me now, I have made the transition to knower. This occurred simply because of luck and the right combination of circumstances. We bought a rural piece of property in Florida. We had livestock on the property along with the necessary outbuildings, readily available water and animal feed. There always seemed to be a lot of nightime sounds. I started to carefully listen and watch. I noticed odd calls that didn't sound quite right. Sometimes we heard a stange chittering sound late at night that sounded like monkeys. There were many lights in the area, and I began to notice eye shine that didn't act like a typical animal. For example, when it noticed me looking at it, it would back away while looking at me. On June 23rd of this year, we had a tropical storm come through Florida. I stayed up that night just in case we had a tornado. I looked out the back door. It was storming and wind was blowing things around outside. I noticed eye shine on the other side of the fence. It turned bright red. I have never seen anything like it. It didn't move. Another eye appeared about three feet away, and then it left. We stood there watching each other for over half an hour. The needle on my skeptic - believer gauge suddenly shot to the right. I thought, whatever this is has been here all along. It hasn't bothered my family or our animals. I went to bed. As I closed our bedroom door, I heard a very loud boom outside. It woke up my wife. I believe the boom was the door slamming shut on one our out buildings. The next morning I noticed an empty bread wrapper in the building. A few weeks later, one night about 3:30 am, I caught sight of a very stocky, long haired visitor (very similar to hair on an older orangutan) near the same out building. When he saw me looking at him through the back door, he started shifting his weight back and forth - side to side and then he laid down so I could not see him. This is when I became a knower.

Since then, I have had several experiences, but the BF still don't like being seen. They are astonishingly good at not being seen, but they do make mistakes. They only need our protection from those of us who want to take the easy route to fame and fortune. As a former military guy, I am amazed that these beings exist without our society recognizing the fact. Does the gov't know?

^^I think they do. But its not in their interest to say anything, and there's not a lot they could do anyway.

Funny thing! You have no proof to present that you saw either!!

Not saying that you are lying. But I do not know you, so what you stated in your post is calling for me to believe in your truthfullness merely because you think I should!

Not a convincing argument.

and that is the bottom line for stories which appear in forums.

Learn what seems practical, yes. But also be very selective about what you gleam onto in these places.

The only research which matters to you is your own.

Not Meldrum's..or Noll's...or Dahinden's..or Green's...or Steenburg's...or Miller's....just yours. And you do not have to convince anyone other than yourself that what you experienced was real.

Take it and enjoy it!

But do not try to sway others with it!

It will not work.

And there is no reason that it should!

Your truth is not my truth!

Embrace yours and I will embrace mine!

Cheers!

Agreed- in spades. Its not important to me to convince anyone. First off, I know I can't, and secondly it won't change what happened, which to me is the important thing. Its my opinion that this is a commonly held viewpoint with knowers.

I agree, we all make our own way, and we all make our own decisions. But, there is value in discussion. Especially when the topic is as little understood as BF.

It's just a relief to be able to talk about it without people looking at you crazy. Though some here do - at least it's easier to ignore online than when it's your neighbor who wants Bigfoot steaks for dinner and keeps pestering you about your Site - luckily he doesn't have a car and can't keep up :)

I get the idea that some "knowers" have been so shocked that they come here somewhat for the "group therapy" aspect.

Yeah it amounts to a lot of mental baggage. It seems to send us all out looking for answers and proof we aren't crazy as so many claim we clearly are!

Guest Boolywooger

I noticed eye shine on the other side of the fence. It turned bright red. I have never seen anything like it.

I experienced this for the first time 3 weeks ago. I was with a group and we stopped at a likely spot to listen for activity. We are standing in the dark listening when suddenly a foot long stick is tossed into the bed of the last truck in the line. One of the group switched on a flashlight just in time to see another rock land in the road. Many then turned on there flashlights and started shining into the woods. I retrieved my 5 D cell LED and did the same. We quickly found eyeshine about twenty yards up into the woods. It is greenish white. We're all still back by our vehicles on the road across from the woods. One of our number then walked across the road toward the eyeshine. Instantly the eyeshine changed colors from the greenish white to ruby red. This lasted for a minute or two then it either looked down or closed its eyes and moved away.

Boolywooger,

Because I experienced different colors of eye shine, I asked a friend if he had any thoughts on the matter. He said that someone had told him that the color of eyeshine corresponded to their mood. This was brilliant and very helpful information. The theory fit with my experiences. I usually saw amber or green (happy - calm). Once, I saw the red eye shine during the storm (angry - excited). Perhaps, during times of stress, the pupils open to allow more light in?