The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Guest BFSleuth

Given the fast track time line he published when requesting samples, it seems highly unlikely that complete genome sequencing would be part of the program.

Given the fast track time line he published when requesting samples, it seems highly unlikely that complete genome sequencing would be part of the program.

There is also the fact that nuDNA is difficult to get from hairs shafts, which was his preferred sample type. Of coarse if they have roots, he might get some. It depends on how much of a sample was sent and it's condition.

Guest VioletX

I have wondered if his study was meant only to be part 1, maybe to prove the existence of Sasquatch and then followed up with more studies to find out more information at a later date in part II.

BFF Patron

I always thought that would be what Ketchum would do, a I.>II..>III...>IV....>V.....> puncher.

.>

Would put the skeptics at rest when the whole thing unfolded.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest VioletX

I am not too worried because I think that other studies, maybe some we are not aware, of will be coming out sooner or later , at least proving that Sasquatch are out there and some that may corroborate Ketchum too, even if Sykes does not go as far as Ketchum did in his study.

Edited by VioletX

There is also the fact that nuDNA is difficult to get from hairs shafts, which was his preferred sample type. Of coarse if they have roots, he might get some. It depends on how much of a sample was sent and it's condition.

That would seem to beg the question of "best sample type". Flesh or vital fluids (blood, etc) are much better sample sources than hair, so why would he "prefer" the lesser source?

Rumor going round that Sykes is only testing for mtDNA...

Houston, we have a problem...

If the results are as hinted at/leaked, then he's gonna find HSS mtDNA, say "human", and drop the matter. But supposedly the nuDNA is an entirely different story.

Why would Sykes ONLY check mtDNA, given the hybridization claim on the table? As a good scientist, wouldn't he also want to sequqence and entire genome if/when possible?

Mudler I have always had the same issue with the Sykes study as you have mentioned above. With that being said I am sure he is privy to MK's mtDNA/ nuDNA leaked information and would surely have to test this scenario as well ,otherwise he would look quite foolish and incompetent if MK's work was repeated down the road and found to be correct.

Also, don't you think a light bulb would go off in regards to the Sierra tissue sample (if a part of of the Sykes study) if the mtDNA profile was determined to be human. First from purely a anatomical perspective, as the picture of the purported sample does not look human at all. Secondly the hair purported is morphologically different from a human hair, it does not add up as human. If I were in his shoes I would definetely go the extra yard and perform nuDNA testing in selected samples.

Let's hope for the best.

• Upvote 1

Guest BFSleuth

I always thought that would be what Ketchum would do, a I.>II..>III...>IV....>V.....> puncher.

.>

Would put the skeptics at rest when the whole thing unfolded.

She's noted as much on her FB page, noting that the "first report" is finished and more work is required to go over 3 terabytes of data from sequencing that has been done so far.

Guest BFSleuth

^ To pass peer review? I doubt it. From her comments it seems that the first paper is done, but still leaves a lot of data to go over for additional papers. It seems like the data will be available for other scientists to access and review as well.

BFF Patron

She's noted as much on her FB page, noting that the "first report" is finished and more work is required to go over 3 terabytes of data from sequencing that has been done so far.

Right, and if you scan back in the "other" thread *riiiiiight* you'll find it was a suggestion about how it c/would come down

made by moi maybe back on page 100.... "like a fine wine it takes time" bro.

Of course xmas crow has a ring to it most unappealing (for either party to the dance).

I'm hoping Syke's study is compact, short, sweet and simple. Whether it has been purposely timed to come out "after" the first series of Ketchum papers is something I've now been thinking about. Again to quell the posse.

Edited by bipedalist