The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Guest Grifter9931

^^ Because people have a right to know!!!!!....

For the low introductory of $19.99.. You can also know the wonders of the BF ..

Dr. sykes has written many books, he founded Oxford genetics, is a professor at Oxford, and discovered the method used to get dna from human remains that are thousands of years old. He is a highly repected man.

Guest Darrell

^ Wasnt Ketchum thought of in the same way? People that have never met her or even heard of her prior to her "study" merrily jumped on her bandwagon singing her praises and how she couldnt ever be doing anything hinky. There are people here still that drink her koolaid and buy her story. Meldrum cashed in, Bindernagle tries to, Ketchum tried. Why does anybody think Sykes would be any different? Who even knew his name prior to announcement of his proposed study? IMO, he is an older academic who may be looking for his 1 Million dollar movie/book deal to pad his retirement. Who knows?

I could be completely wrong, of course, but I don't get the sense Mr. Sykes is just looking to cash in or make a quick splash. Genetics is his passion, his life and his reputation. You just don't squander those lightly. We'll just have to wait and see though.  

Have you met him, actually heard him talk about the study, observe how his associates in the study talk about it? Actually see and feel the passion he has for this study? Problem is 99% of members here are ready to jump back on this train just like they did on the Ketchum train without really even seeing or hearing this guy speak about it. He is just the next celebrity in a long line of "messiah" who will validate their beliefs. And when it crashes, and I'll predict it will just like I predicted the Ketchum study would, the true believers will cry foul until the next messiah comes along.

Dr ketchum is not in the same league as Dr sykes. Dr sykes is well known for his work in genetic's and highly respected. So no I don't see why he would want to trash everything he has accomplished.

Edited by sheri

Guest Darrell

^ Im not trashing anything he has done in the past. But you all championed Ketchum the same way as you do Sykes. Hey, prove me wrong when his study publishes.  

^ Wasnt Ketchum thought of in the same way? People that have never met her or even heard of her prior to her "study" merrily jumped on her bandwagon singing her praises and how she couldnt ever be doing anything hinky. There are people here still that drink her koolaid and buy her story. Meldrum cashed in, Bindernagle tries to, Ketchum tried. Why does anybody think Sykes would be any different? Who even knew his name prior to announcement of his proposed study? IMO, he is an older academic who may be looking for his 1 Million dollar movie/book deal to pad his retirement. Who knows?

Have you met him, actually heard him talk about the study, observe how his associates in the study talk about it? Actually see and feel the passion he has for this study? Problem is 99% of members here are ready to jump back on this train just like they did on the Ketchum train without really even seeing or hearing this guy speak about it. He is just the next celebrity in a long line of "messiah" who will validate their beliefs. And when it crashes, and I'll predict it will just like I predicted the Ketchum study would, the true believers will cry foul until the next messiah comes along.

It's funny, this dichotomy among Footers. On the one hand when the credentials of "researchers"  is being questioned they will cry loudly that credentials and degrees mean nothing and all other sorts of anti-intellectualism. But at the first sign of someone with some degrees that hops on the Bigfoot bandwagon, well suddenly they are the new champions of Footery. Why? Because they have degrees, so it lends credence to their support. Pretty nice double standard there. 

I didn't say you were trashing him. I said I don't see why he would trash everything he has accomplished. I didn't champion Ketchum, so there is no you all. I don't have to prove anyone wrong, I haven't said Dr sykes will prove bigfoot real. I was commenting on the post's about Dr. Sykes. Some wanted the scientific community to get involved. Well Syke's is well respected and well known genetist almost in a league of his own. So I don't understand why the negativity.

I'll go on record right now, and extend a gentleman's wager to anyone who wants to take it, that Syke's study will have enough in it for proponents to not be wholly disappointed while offering actually zero conclusive proof. In other words, this whole thing will not advance one iota to actually proving the existence of Bigfoot. 

Mark my words.

Guest OntarioSquatch

It's only normal that anyone doing a DNA study on Bigfoot will get that sort of criticism, especially after the Ketchum thing. But you gotta remember, Sykes hasn't said a single word about what he has found in the samples. Could be all known animals. In fact, it most likely is, but there's always the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest Darrell

Well, he is now rubbing elbows a little with some US bigfoot bloggers and is also speaking at some british cryto conferences so I agree with dmaker that there will be enough of a hint of something without any proof so he can get something dollar wise.

I guess your right OS. It just seems ridiculous because of who he is and his work in genetic's. I wouldn't expect him to say anything until everything is finished. What ever he comes up with is what he comes up with, even if it is all known animal's.

Guest Urkelbot

His reputation wouldn't be damaged if he concludes the samples were all known animals at least to his peers. Around here though he will go back in the pile with all the other close minded scientists.

It's funny, this dichotomy among Footers. On the one hand when the credentials of "researchers"  is being questioned they will cry loudly that credentials and degrees mean nothing and all other sorts of anti-intellectualism. But at the first sign of someone with some degrees that hops on the Bigfoot bandwagon, well suddenly they are the new champions of Footery. Why? Because they have degrees, so it lends credence to their support. Pretty nice double standard there. 

Both Sykes and Ketchum represent what footers wanted to see, Science taking the evidence seriously. So it is a win for bigfootery. Sykes issued the challenge if you remember, to put up the evidence and stop crying about how it is ignored. He got the response he was looking for in submissions. The results and how he presents it, won't make everyone happy I'm sure. 

I'll go on record right now, and extend a gentleman's wager to anyone who wants to take it, that Syke's study will have enough in it for proponents to not be wholly disappointed while offering actually zero conclusive proof. In other words, this whole thing will not advance one iota to actually proving the existence of Bigfoot. 

Mark my words.

It almost sounds like you are betting Ketchum's work was correct that the most promising samples produce human DNA.

Guest Grifter9931

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................