The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

The science paper about Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project ...

I'm waiting on any hint about when & where it'll be published. 

Anyone?

It won't be published , the samples analysed were not of BF origin , so back to square one

Can I slip in a question edgewise!

Is this sloppy evidence gathering when we in the the Pacifc Northwest have many good BF hair samples.

Has this discovery process turned political, or just soppy?   

Eventually we found Bin Laden and Hussain. Will bigfoot ever be found?

We had all their friends in custody. Not exactly a great analogy.

Can I slip in a question edgewise!

Is this sloppy evidence gathering when we in the the Pacifc Northwest have many good BF hair samples.

Has this discovery process turned political, or just soppy?   

You certainly asked a valid question; one which has been troubling me since the TV shows aired. I sure as heck don't know the answer. I would like someone to correct me if I'm wrong about my understanding that Dr. Sykes visited the Ashland animal DNA lab at two different times - maybe on two different trips to the PNW. If he did, that could mean one of two things to BF'ers; one good and one stinky.

Didn't he say that only the non-BF hair from the U.S. was mentioned in that last show? Isn't the remaining hair samples going to be the subject of the report he wrote and which is being peer reviewed now? 

I really don't understand why those samples of hair from typical wild and domestic animals were ever submitted to him. All of them could have been easily identified using a typical optical microscope before sending them to him. I'm curious if the collectors saved duplicate samples of the hair submitted?

Anyone willing to help enlighten me and others?

Edited by Branco

Same thing I said right after they aired.. Where was the pre-screening? Why did crap samples get in ..was it planned to add fodder to a tv show to make us look bad or just taking the word of the all mighty bigfootologist ? LOL. The could have picked better samples but also hear they didnt accept the better ones that were offered.

Someone suggested that the best samples were submitted to Melba thus not available to submit to Sykes.   This would be almost unavoidable.   He would only get the second-best samples because that's all that would be left so closely on the heels of Melba accepting samples.  At the time, people thought she was legit.   Sounds like many sent not just their best hopes, but the whole sample, not just a portion. 

I think the sample counters are onto something.  There was one more US sample submitted than there were results reported on the special.   I don't know if it was rejected outright or if it is something special that will be in the paper.   It's either that, or the Zana DNA line is ancient subsaharan African, not modern.   That has potentially huge implications as well.   He did say he had something that would rewrite history.   Those were chosen words, not an accident.   There IS something of significance that hasn't hit the table yet.  

I'm not placing bets but I'm definitely watching.

MIB

Branco,

From what I have heard and read, the samples are going through Rhettman Mullis of Bigfootology before they go to Sykes. At first we thought Meldrum was screening them, but I don't think that turned out to be the case.  Sykes ultimately screens them and chooses which ones will go on to be tested.  He just recently added an additional 5 samples to be the last 5 included in the study and it was said by Mullis that they were "promising". 

Sykes himself told one of the submitters (the guy who did the wood knocks out in the forest- Dan?) that he thought the hair sample that he submitted (which turned out to be bear) was "unusual" - whatever that means. So, I'm not sure what exactly he looks for when he screens them.

I don't think those 12 (plus the additional 5 recently chosen) are the only samples from the US that are in the study. I know of at least 2 more submitters whose samples were not represented on the show, who are awaiting results. Whether or not they are from the 5 or part of the original ones, I don't know.  I just know they have samples in, and have to received results yet.

Supposedly, there are over 30 samples all total from the US.

Same thing I said right after they aired.. Where was the pre-screening? Why did crap samples get in ..was it planned to add fodder to a tv show to make us look bad or just taking the word of the all mighty bigfootologist ? LOL. The could have picked better samples but also hear they didnt accept the better ones that were offered.

I think for the purposes of the show they did take some samples on merit of who they come from. They seemed to have a focus on the PNW primarily, so I think that weighed against the inclusion of some samples. Having some negatives in the bunch allows them to show some objectivity too, so screening too strictly could have actually drawn criticism as well.

He wanted to address the cryptozoologists who wanted their samples tested and felt they had the goods without prejudging them too much which has been the cry from bigfootologists and cryptozoologists in general.

The short furred animal hairs though should probably have been substituted for others.