The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a National Geo program about a week and half ago.  It was about Zana and Kwit.  Igor as well as Brian were on it and yes they did Zana's dna.  It came back 100% sub Saharan African for Zana, which of course raises again a bunch more questions again.  Igor had the skull of Kwit and they removed a molar for the dna testing.

Included which I thought was very cool, were the descendants of Kwit's and they did collect samples of their dna too.  Check the website for a rerun of it.

I recorded it on my dvr and plan on watching again soon.

I believe the 2001 mystery hairs tested by Sykes have subsequently been positively identified. I think dmaker posted a reference to this recently but I can't recall where, sorry. Perhaps he can repost it here if he reads this.

^Yes, there is often reference to the Sykes unidentified hair, but there are may sources since that say it was subesequently ID'd as bear.

A quick google of 'sykes bear dna' ought to get you there.

Does strike me as peculiar how the skeptics seem to think we accept them, or should, as judge jury and executioner.

Actually, I personally really don't care what they think, as they seem on the whole uninformed on the relevant science, and am using this forum more as an excuse to rank on them and talk about something I enjoy than anything else.  I'm just suspecting I'm not alone.

I believe the 2001 mystery hairs tested by Sykes have subsequently been positively identified. I think dmaker posted a reference to this recently but I can't recall where, sorry. Perhaps he can repost it here if he reads this.

I thought the mystery hairs were the "Himalayan polar bear" samples:

http://consciouslifenews.com/yeti-real-researcher-finds-himalayan-yeti-genetically-identical-ancient-polar-bear/

...which of course don't "solve" anything so much as they add a significant twist to bear biology.

Edited by DWA

No. The sykes mystery hair was later identified as bear. It's in RHI. Yoh can easily look it up. Maybe when you're not too busy "...ranking on skeptics..."

Here is the relevant quote from Meldrum:

Sykes also analyzed hair samples from 
Bhutan attributed to the Yeti, which seemed to 
defy DNA identification. Interestingly, during 
our conversation I learned that further efforts 
were subsequently successful in determining 
that the hair originated from bear. 

And the link:

http://www.isu.edu/rhi/pdf/Oxford%20PR.pdf

Edited by dmaker

DWA, the 2001 mystery hairs being discussed are not the recent polar bear stuff. Which, of course, puts to rest at least one of Mulders examples. Quite often that hair sample is trotted out as evidence of mystery DNA=bigfoot, while completely disregarding that Meldrum acknowledges that Sykes confirms for him that it was later identified as bear. It would be nice if people would stop using that example.

Helps to stay informed.   ;)

I added the quote and the link to my earlier post.

Edited by dmaker