The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

What took Dr. Ketchum years, might take Dr. Sykes months. Judging by the samples he has received, I think he too will make the DNA discovery.

Once Ketchums data is available, it would atleast save him some trouble I expect.

Guest gershake

Are you referring the Clovis DNA studies? Cause they are published.

Sorry, my bad. I didn't read more than the one post above me so was thinking the Sykes study was being referenced. *blush*

Once Ketchums data is available, it would atleast save him some trouble I expect.

I'm still of the opinion that they had more sample and such before the public call went out, and Sykes may have been working informally on this for awhile now.

I'm still of the opinion that they had more sample and such before the public call went out, and Sykes may have been working informally on this for awhile now.

X2

Yeah, that seems possible. Ketchum's group maybe had to deal with their own preconceptions (i.e. "feral H. sapiens") getting modified the further they felt they had to dig into the genome to support their original ideas.

It appears they originally were only going to sequence several key nuclear genes, but wound up doing the whole genome (presumably to find the ratio between modern/Sasq genes among other possibilities).

It sounds like it was a real discovery process for them with some big surprises along the way. That could explain alot about why it took so long. Sykes will be, maybe, working from a more solid baseline if he has more info on the results than we do or even if he's just shooting from rumor.

Edited by tsiatkoVS

They may have, though Meldrum stated to me that he and Sykes were ironing out some protocols for the testing back in July on "known" samples. I'm not sure if he meant "known SAS" samples or other known animal/human samples. If the later, then there is still a possibility of poor results. Fahrenbach in the past had reported that he kept getting a fragmented result and resolved that tissue was needed. Finding Bigfoot just got that exact result last week from that DNA Solutions lab out of Oklahoma city. This would have been done some time ago, and we don't have updates for their futher work on it. I think someone should enquire there, but history is repeating itself when hair shaft sequencing is done on purported Sas samples.

It would be a breakthrough IMO if Sykes did get a complete readable sequence from testing on hairs without roots, and if it corresponded to other data already out then it's a clincher, We'd even have every BF proponent on the same page if Meldrum was won over.

Rumor going round that Sykes is only testing for mtDNA...

Houston, we have a problem...

If the results are as hinted at/leaked, then he's gonna find HSS mtDNA, say "human", and drop the matter. But supposedly the nuDNA is an entirely different story.

Why would Sykes ONLY check mtDNA, given the hybridization claim on the table? As a good scientist, wouldn't he also want to sequqence and entire genome if/when possible?

Rumor going round that Sykes is only testing for mtDNA...

Houston, we have a problem...

If the results are as hinted at/leaked, then he's gonna find HSS mtDNA, say "human", and drop the matter. But supposedly the nuDNA is an entirely different story.

Why would Sykes ONLY check mtDNA, given the hybridization claim on the table? As a good scientist, wouldn't he also want to sequqence and entire genome if/when possible?

Maybe they feel they are dealing with another species entirely?

Maybe they feel they are dealing with another species entirely?

We shall see. I would expect a more thorough approach given the claims on the table, personally.

Guest BFSleuth

If they are indeed delaying for reasons other than normal and expected delays that can be expected, then it may be they are taking a look at nDNA. It would be reasonable to do so with at least one sample if they found human DNA in the mtDNA and cared to follow up based on Ketchum's press release or discussions with those that have knowledge of Ketchum's findings.

Quote Mulder #367, "Rumor going round that Sykes is only testing for mtDNA..."

I spent an hour or more yesterday looking for the source of my rumor and finally

gave it up. Today, I found the link in my notes where I'd looked several times

for it already. This is the sort of confusion I deal with daily.

The link: 16 Aug 2012 Yetis in the lab: The search for mythical beasts

Did I mention Besides YETI, the study is about Yeren, Orang Pendek, Almas, Bigfoot, etc?

This is why I see the Sykes/Satori project as its own thing, not in competition with Dr. Ketchum's

research, but possibly supporting it.

Furthermore, Ketchum's leaks can help Sykes/Satori if they do come up with all human DNA

for their Sasquatch, they'll say, "let's look at the nuDNA."

Once it's all sorted out and shared, it'll be terrific!

(If I did misinterpret what Dr. Sykes said, that's SOP for me.)

But not if the mtDNA has enough differences to seem like older HSS DNA, say from 15,000 years ago.

But not if the mtDNA has enough differences to seem like older HSS DNA, say from 15,000 years ago.

That would require a more indepth look at the mtDNA than we typically get from the standard species ID tests initially employed. I'm sure Sykes knows by now that he should dig deeper when he see's DNA that say's human coming from samples that should not be.