The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

^Go read some of Lindsay's more recent blog entries. HE's the one trying to link her to Sykes.

I did. And that's my point.

Dr. Ketchum is standing behind her own work.

I think I know the source of the rumor, too, and it's old news.

Guest Particle Noun

Lindsay has done more to damage her credibility than a million stick structure photos could ever do. Almost every whacked out rumor people claim came directly from Dr. Ketchum came directly from RL.

^Go read some of Lindsay's more recent blog entries. HE's the one trying to link her to Sykes.

This. I probably read it on here somewhere.

If everything this guy says is BS, has she publicly made it clear that he is completely full of BS, and to disregard anything he says?

Seems there are several people surrounding her either repeatedly leaking info, or fabricating it.

I wouldn't say she, "crashed and burned" just yet. Yeah it's not looking fantastic, but she can rally. Doesn't mean people are cheerleading to not necessarily want her to fail.

They've both denied working with each other, so that seems fairly straight to me.

Also, I don't think Ketchums study is dead yet. I think it's managed poorly pr wise, but far from finished. Prof Sykes study is behind schedule for whatever reason. I do think Melbas rushing to beat him.

SSR Team

Lindsay has done more to damage her credibility than a million stick structure photos could ever do. Almost every whacked out rumor people claim came directly from Dr. Ketchum came directly from RL.

Truth, here ^^

I just have to interject my opinion of Lindsay here since we are on that topic. The self-purported "facts" that he reports are gleaned from the internet as he has admitted on numerous occasions and are simply rumor. Specifically with regard to the information that he has reported about the Erickson Project, with which I have knowlege and experience, contains a scattering of truths amongst a volume of untruths so I would recommend that if you read his blogs remember that his main purpose is to incite anger, controversy and discussion and NOT to report the facts. I hope this comment follows the rules as it doesn't mean to be derogatory but merely to inform.

They've both denied working with each other, so that seems fairly straight to me.

Also, I don't think Ketchums study is dead yet. I think it's managed poorly pr wise, but far from finished. Prof Sykes study is behind schedule for whatever reason. I do think Melbas rushing to beat him.

I think Melba feels she's done enough work for this paper, and she understands that anyone attempting to publish a paper on bigfoot DNA might have to remove the word "quit" from their vocabulary. Rushing to beat Sykes?, Well, some think she's taken too long and felt that way before Sykes ever got started, so thats a relative thought. Putting the claim out there as to what bigfoot is and that it exists does lay claim to the discovery though and may serve to motivate more vigorous inquiry. We win no matter what happens because the involvement of science to reach a truth is the ultimate goal and we are getting it.

Guest BFSleuth

^^ +1 Sasky

Your analysis of Lindsay's "journalism" hits the nail on the head. He makes money with ad dollars from site visitors, so it doesn't really matter to him whether he's accurately writing the truth. In fact, the more he can participate in rumor mongering the more site visitors he will get.

Seconded. If you "report" every rumor as well as every possible notion you can think of, you are bound to get some "hits" of truth. It is a classic approach - then, when "something" of the "anything and everything" you report happens to be true, you can then say "I got it right and reported it here."

That is Lindsay in a nutshell. I trust nothing that does not come from sources themselves in the BF world. And even then I am skeptical.

Melba herself said the timeline would be in weeks, at this point. I am still waiting. My money is on a 12-21 release of "something." If I was in the biz of press management, that is when i would throw out another bone....we'll see. The timeline of the paper itself is largely out of her camp's hands at this point.

Melba herself said the timeline would be in weeks, at this point. I am still waiting. My money is on a 12-21 release

of "something." If I was in the biz of press management, that is when i would throw out another bone....we'll see.

The timeline of the paper itself is largely out of her camp's hands at this point.

A good date for revelations. Got my fingers crossed!

Although Melba seems to be purporting an imminent release date; if she does indeed come out with the results before Sykes I forsee the paper being torn to shreds in the media and scientific community. A combination of the Melba teams reputation, rumours and poor PR are all fodder for a media that already thrives on tearing BF reports apart. I will repeat what I have said before that only the Oxford-Lausanne study will engage the scientific community to explore the results. Melbas study will just be a field day for the tabloids.

Re RL - we've all read his blog and probably will continue to browse his updates, so the joke is on us really as he laughs his way to the bank.

BFF Patron

I rather think we will be seeing a series of articles that will be slowly digested by the hyper-resistant illuminati of science kicking and screaming all the way to purchase the next in the series. But hey that's just me, and I gamble on crow souffle willingly. :derisive: