The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

SSR Team

I think so, and i must admit i prefer that way to other ways that i believe tend to dilute the whole thing because of too much talk when in reality, there is nothing to talk about.

Books by Bryan Sykes -

The Seven Daughters of Eve: The Science That Reveals Our Genetic Ancestry

DNA USA: A Genetic Portrait of America

Blood of the Isles

Adam's Curse: A Future without Men

The Human Inheritance: Genes, Languages, and Evolution

Saxons, Vikings, and Celts: The Genetic Roots of Britain and Ireland

==========================================

Bryan Sykes (born 9 September 1947) is a Professor of Human Genetics at the University

of Oxford and a Fellow of Wolfson College. Sykes published ...

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Bryan_Sykes

As for current status of the Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project,

I've searched and found nothing. I would also search on a UK search engine if I could fine one.

Nice try on turning the thread! I haven't read a one of them, tut tut!

He hasn't brought out a book on the Project and everyone's missed it, i can assure you on that.

Have to laugh, I am over in the Ketchum thread wondering where the pundits are on the latest blogger stuff and instead find it here.

I did find Shaun's comment and say thanks! It is encouraging to see there isn't any swarm of naysayers here... well, on topic anyway!

Edited by apehuman

Nice try on turning the thread! I haven't read a one of them, tut tut!

I was Bumping the thread, not trying to Turn it, whatever that means.

Here, let me explain ... Wait, no!! Trying to explain oneself in here may

lead to further suspicions.

Also, do not ask others to clarify, as they may tell me to stuff it.

BTW, Apehuman, I don't understand half of what you say. But I didn't

react with doubt. I just assumed we have a different mind-set & way

of speaking.

Yes, it may have been an obscure comment.

By "turning" I meant bringing the thread back to the topic, the Sykes stud,y through a list of his books, which I have not read!

Edited by apehuman

By "turning" I meant bringing the thread back to the topic,

OK. I see.

As I understand it, Sykes and Sartori, while looking over remains at the Swiss museum,

became curious about the almost human ones ... were some of them from rumored but

undocumented, living wildmen from around the world? So they asked for samples around

the world.

Since our American Bigfoot is just one part of that study, it's anyone's guess how long it

could take just to do the lab work.

Syke's position and publishing track record makes him well known and respected. I'm

cheered by the thought that sooner or later, he'll enlighten us.

After the Very Big Deal of him giving them credibility, if he does ...

It would be real interesting to know how like/unlike are yeti-bigfoot-almasty-yowie, etc.

Aside from that: Was it mentioned in the Dan Akroyd UFO documentary/opinion that

UFOs are fringey-funny-mythical mainly in the USA? Most of the world accepts them as

fact? I imagine unproven wildmen are also more accepted in other cultures. I view my

countrymen as ignorant know-it-alls, inflexible in the need to be right.

Very likely, the wildmen will be accepted around the world before most of Us catch on.

:oIf he has tested the same samples, yes it would. But, was there any indication he has?

Saw a blog.. I think Bigfoot Field Report, this evening with a quote from Dr. Sykes, that the process for publishing would be long, and his work embargoed until then.....they may still be taking samples as well?

So, given the wonderful education I have gotten following the Ketchum study, I think I can not think about this for at least a year?

Edited by apehuman

Would there be anything to publish if Sykes is able to show all samples are of recognized species?

Additionally, perhaps Sykes does not consider what he is seeing as 'human'.......

I'm not sure Sykes has any testing results. Last I heard he hadn't started yet. I've heard Meldrum question Ketchum's interpretations of the DNA as though he felt that some samples were viable, but not human. It's ironic that he is screening samples for Sykes and using Fahrenbach's morphological criteria which is essentially "human" (minus cut ends), while hoping for a non-modern human result from the mitochondria.

BFF Patron

So how much are the Jr. Rhettman badges? Is there a fan-club and membership fee? Feeling very left out here, lol!

j/k

• Upvote 1

Fahrenbach's morphological criteria which is essentially "human" (minus cut ends) … .

I thought Fahrenbach's criteria for purported bigfoot hairs are:

- reddish hue,

- non-continuous medulla, and

- not cut.

As I recall, not all human hairs are reddish, most have a continuous medulla, and virtually all have been cut.

Yes, the reddish tinge is how Fahrenbach described it. Fahrenbach discriminated heavily against any visible medulla more prominent than what is described as extremely fragmented, and of coarse cut ends. Other than that, he repeatedly would say the hairs were indistinguishable from human.

Bigfoot Evidence just posted a blog and video that talks about what got Sykes interested in Bigfoot DNA. It was a National Geographic show where they found a hair and got him to examine it. They expected it to be bear, but it didn't come back as bear or human. You can watch a short clip of the show there and see him talk about it. It's pretty interesting and Sykes seems a bit baffled by it for sure. The whole episode of that show is on there too. I don't know if this has been posted or not because I haven't read everything here. Hopefully I'm not repeating something everyone has seen.

http://bigfooteviden...o-was-what.html