The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

I find Sykes' choice of words in his reply very significant:

"After all, only the kind of rigorous testing that DNA provides will confirm to everyone’s satisfaction that these cryptids really exist."

Or, he might just be admitting that science is incapable of proving their non-existence.

He refers to his currently ongoing project collecting and studying DNA as “an experiment in the philosophy and methodology of science where nothing is accepted, or indeed rejected, without examination (and publication) of the evidence.â€

An emphasis on the contrast of his approach vs Ketchum's?

Guest OntarioSquatch

Sykes wasn't very happy about Dr. Ketchum's press release. In fact he said it was baseless, which I thought was interesting because he wouldn't know that unless he tested samples himself.

Sykes has tested. Probably not the same samples, but his results are probably not consistent with hers overall maybe? He's also testing samples from around the world, where Ketchum's are NA only.

I believe Sykes is in the final testing/writing report phase.

I'm guesstimating based on his timeline (which he's way behind on) . The fact he released his sample means that he's gone through the samples, and begun testing and writing the report. After all samples are done, they'll fill in the hypothesis, but as long as the collection is done and testing has begun, the rest is a shorter time period compared to collection.

Guest slimwitless

Sykes wasn't very happy about Dr. Ketchum's press release. In fact he said it was baseless, which I thought was interesting because he wouldn't know that unless he tested samples himself.

I didn't realize Sykes commented on Ketchum's press release. Do you have a link?

BFF Patron

"An explanation could be an animal escaped from a circus, zoo or private collection, but it is extraordinary"

You'd also think they'd snap a photo of a yeti by now.

Not extraordinary at all, I captured the evidence..... it was actually a vacationing black bear who got that killer shot of a lifetime..... an Almasty-Yeti-Human hybrid cross...... the scoundrel defected with the film cartridge to the Ketchum camp but not before the hair evidence was trapped in the camera housing.

post-86-0-33628400-1360104384_thumb.jpg

Can you spell ..... B-u-s-t-e-d!

Edited by bipedalist

Not extraordinary at all, I captured the evidence..... it was actually a vacationing black bear who got that killer shot of a lifetime..... an Almasty-Yeti-Human hybrid cross...... the scoundrel defected with the film cartridge to the Ketchum camp but not before the hair evidence was trapped in the camera housing.

post-86-0-33628400-1360104384_thumb.jpg

Can you spell ..... B-u-s-t-e-d!

If you knew all this, why didn't you tell us before? Hrmmph! :keeporder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uAUZDgv_33g#!

apologies if this was posted, and am sure many saw this episode of something by Nat'l Geo, but not me...and found Dr. Sykes comments on the DNA of a purported Yeti hair interesting...and brings to my mind some of the claims we have heard from Dr. Ketchum about the changing process as testing continued..... "the elusive DNA" comment

I put a lot more credence into Sykes. If there is anyone that can maybe take this somewhere, its him.

He's taking a path least traveled, but Ketchum's tracks are already there.