The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

SSR Team

Your girls do love our accents, that's for sure ;)

I think British women love ours as well..........

"Darlin I need my clothes warshed"

:)

Haha

I can see your mouth moving in all different directions saying that last word Norse..;)

JRid, thanks for the clarification.

plussed you bartlojays on saving that hair! Sykes seems to be quite committed and good samples a must, thanks! And for all your contributions on this...in addition to your personal research....makes me feel somewhat sane for continuing to care...or plan further research...

Edited by apehuman

I am curious with the Photo shown. Why even bother testing the boot?

The boot is out in the open on a table how well is that table cleaned.

It could pick up contamination from anything no?

I would have thought the boot would have been kept in a bag to prevent any more possible contamination.

Just seems like a waste of time for Sykes to even bother with the boot

Polypodium:

How is Paulides not a stand up, straight forward & sincere human being? His books Missing 411 and his work for 20 years as a Law Enforcement officer shows he is a sincere person. He is also looking into a topic that few have taken the time to investigate. He is also not saying what he thinks is taking these people which to me shows he is trying to be honest with the readers.

Lot of negative assumptions merely looking at one photograph, no?

The boots have been bagged and appropriately stored since they’ve been in my custody (November 2011 and Justin stopped wearing them and bagged them in late July of 2011), they came out of the bag, when the credentialed expert present, in this case Dr. Sykes, requested to see them so he could visually inspect them and Justin could point out saturation points….. which according to Justin, were heavy on the right and very little, maybe even just splatters on the left.

As far as it being a “waste of time,†considering it’s the ONLY non-circumstantial evidence from the purported shootings and you’re personally, extremely defensive of the Ketchum study, (Let’s not forget, Ketchum is completely tied to the reality of the Sierras shootings, where the Sierras shootings are tied to Ketchum only through perception) you would think you’d be thrilled? Especially when it’s not on your dime or time and with respect to the reputability of one of the gentlemen initiating testing (Sykes).

It’s actually the opportunity I waited for almost 2 yrs until the dust settled so “real†PHD’s and geneticist(s) (in this case it will be “two†and Dr. Sykes is secondary) could take a crack at them employing various methodologies to try and navigate through contamination (various animals) and the saltwater Justin stepped in when his 30 ft boat grounded while fishing sturgeon (less then a month after shootings). Of course contamination is a potential issue (I’ve said that from day one) and it may be difficult to retrieve anything out of those boots, but forgive me for caring more about what the people with specific “expertise†say about circumventing contamination, then the perception of a contentious poster. Dr. Sykes and I discussed contamination at length and he will be outsourcing this particular work as he specializes in getting mtDNA out of hair, but he was impressed with Justin enough as a witness (we all interviewed each other for about 150 minutes and the meeting went great) that he took a sliver of the boot right there. My other lab will be sending him some punchouts of the boot as well.

In the interim I had hoped to kind of keep this under the radar, at least for a while, but that was out of my control and I have no idea how long testing will take by the persons doing the processing. Let the chips fall where they may as our expectations are tempered and realistic.

While on the subject of David, as luck would have it, one of the hair samples I also held for the right opportunity for two years and I gave Sykes to process, came from a N CA property owner who contacted me a few years back very disgruntled about how he was treated by the investigator and author (who wrote about happenings on his property in his book). According to him, there was an attempt to strong-arm him into giving up all the hair found in a suspected incident and the witness discontinued contact ever since. This hair was also in Ketchum’s manuscript and supposedly was from a bigfoot, so it will be interesting to see what, if anything, Dr. Sykes comes up with. The property owner is thrilled we waited and got Sykes.

How is it an assumtion for the Photograph? Are the boots not out in the open in an area that is not a Clean Room. So the possiblity of Contamination increases. Thats not an assumtion its a fact.

Now you say that your other lab will be sending cutouts from the boots so.

(November 2011 and Justin stopped wearing them and bagged them in late July of 2011), they came out of the bag, when the credentialed expert present, in this case Dr. Sykes,

Was not the only time the boots came out of a bag is it? According to your own statement

My other lab will be sending him some punchouts of the boot as well.

The Melba Ketchum study does not Hinge on Justins story. She has plenty of other samples that were sent to her.

While I may be a strong supporter for her data you are on the other side of it being Strongly against it. So congrat we both are Bias in the discussion.

I just expressed my opinion that the boots don't seem to be worth the time to get tested. But its not my money that is being spent for the testing.

SSR Team

Bart, what's that hair that JS was looking at ?

It is WA and is marked as " Colville " in the pics.

Is that Rhetman's and any idea when whoever got it, got it ?

Gracias.

Guest BartloJays

Cathy- I answered some of your questions because a couple were relevant for the collective here but will answer no more as you previously never answered one of mine. "Your" opinions and assumptions about contamination, Melba's study, what you think is biased, the boots etc... are your business and I'm not interested thank you.

Her "study," or lack thereof, has spoken for itself and I did my best to warn people prior to that based on the lack of ethics, unprofessionalism and objectives seen. Knock yourself out creating justifiable scenarios to defend it.

Bobby- not sure on that sample as I just took a brief look at it. BTW, he's testing the salted tissue for the hell of it. Why not, what if somehow our labs got it wrong. I doubt it but why not give him a crack if he feels it's worth it?

Apehuman- Thank you and there's a lot to care about, so hang in there

Gigantor-

Appreciate that bud and you have every justifiable reason to have low expectations. I'm kind of a realist, cup half empty guy and have found life is easier with lower expectations however that doesn't stop me from shooting big. Having said that and all factors considered, I'll be stunned and thrilled at the same time if they are able to pull something out of the boots significant, but from my perspective having filmed them there, it's worth it (though both incidents may be coincidental) not to mention the significance if it's there. Sykes thought it was worth it, especially having interviewed him for two hrs.

As far as possible contaminants pre and post purported shootings, we could see bear (pre-shooting), deer (most killed in hunting before and after), ducks, various fish and algae on and on. According to Justin though the juvenile would have left the most forensic evidence which, if true, maybe that gives us best odds if anything is retrievable. However, let's think about this for a minute. No that it matters because if what we're looking for isn't retrieved, it is what it is, however for argument's sake and I'm a details guy, let's say your correct and no bigfoots were shot that day....the last thing that makes sense to me is that he shot bears he had a tag for in-season.If I didn't know him (that's "my" perspective, not universal btw) I would believe he shot people, didn't shoot anything at all, or maybe did something illegal somewhere else and the story was a cover for placing them in a specific area at a certain time, before I would think he shot bears and they turned that story into multiple bigfoots. The tissue was turned in 5 weeks later and if he purposely sent in bear yet did something illegal “with bears†why draw attention to it? My opinion, I don’t believe bears were shot that day rather you believe the story or not.

Edited by BartloJays

SSR Team

Thanks Bart and yeah, nothing negative with him testing it neither, go for it.

I am curious with the Photo shown. Why even bother testing the boot?

The boot is out in the open on a table how well is that table cleaned.

It could pick up contamination from anything no?

I would have thought the boot would have been kept in a bag to prevent any more possible contamination.

Just seems like a waste of time for Sykes to even bother with the boot.

Cath. I'm not sure what your agenda is, or how you're involved with Ketchum, but dang. Bart's name may start with a B, but it doesn't end in r-i-d-g-e, so there's no need to keep hanging out under his posts every day.

You even go to his own site (Sierra Evidence Initiative) and do it, which is completely disrespectful, IMO. I, along with a lot of other people who research, or are interested in BF, appreciate what he does for the community, and the tr_lling is getting old. He isn't obligated to share one piece of information with anybody, yet he does it every single day, and is always open and transparent about it, which is pretty rare in this field.

There isn't an agenda against Dr.Ketchum.....There is an agenda against people trying to bamboozle science, and scam good hard-working folks out of their money.

Let it go.

SSR Team

Cath. I'm not sure what your agenda is, or how you're involved with Ketchum, but dang. Bart's name may start with a B, but it doesn't end in r-i-d-g-e, so there's no need to keep hanging out under his posts every day.

That is quality, i'll even plus you for the best one liner i've heard in some time.. :D

Guest BartloJays

I really appreciate that PacNW as you nailed it and the goal from day one has been to get to he truth and be transparent as I'm as frustrated with the field as so many of you.

All that matters is the "truth" in any situation and my lifelong passion for this subject is "discovery," who, what, where, how I don't care.

I'm grateful that all the people I truly care about and respect in this field (possibly into thousands) see through the desperate BS claims (sample switching,secret agenda etc...) and understand exactly what our objectives are, were. One thing that's good about this field is, for those of us heavily involved from a physical research perspective for a long time, there's a track record thanks to the internet and the age we live in now. A history of "Actions" speak much louder then people trying to create dances with your words and assumed agendas.

Thank you Pac

Mullis Facebook, 60 new photos added Thursday: Meeting and traveling with Dr. Bryan Sykes

Project lab tests were still ongoing while Dr. Sykes was visiting the PNW.

I thought Sykes would keep mum til he got ready to publish his findings. But now we'll be getting a spot

of news from time to time thru Rhettman. It's all good. :)

SSR Team

Me too, but i have no clue why something such as that has to be a secret, i find it ridiculous.

Me too, but i have no clue why something such as that has to be a secret, i find it ridiculous.

Normally, I would agree, Bobby. But now that I'm in Bigfoot-Land, I'm not so sure.

Dr. Ketchum saw a Bigfoot, but then, her DNA study paper didn't pan out with proof.

Instead we got sideshows and the sorts of non-answers that make Footers paranoid.

So once I know the Bigfoot community, I'd want my paper published and well-received

by peers before I said One Word about my personal experience in the field. Dr. Sykes

been doing this sort of thing (breakthrough studies) for a long time, decades. I don't

know if he's just naturally discreet or learned the hard way to let the paper do the talking.

I also feel very impatient ... like a little kid.

From the facebook link above

Dr. Sykes, Rhettman, and Lori debriefing after what we all just experienced...Dr. Sykes will write about it and reveal what happened when he writes his book later this year about this whole project. It will be worth the wait.