The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

SSR Team

Me too, but i have no clue why something such as that has to be a secret, i find it ridiculous.

From the facebook link above

Dr. Sykes, Rhettman, and Lori debriefing after what we all just experienced...Dr. Sykes will write about it and reveal what happened when he writes his book later this year about this whole project. It will be worth the wait.

Bores me I'm afraid.

It basically boils down to " Scientist who is attempting to prove Sasquatch travels to the PNW, see's a Sasquatch whilst there, but you can only read about it if you buy his book later in the year, or maybe next year or the year after "

Like I say, it bores me now and I find it ridiculous.

Giving a brief description of what happened would not affect book sales, in fact it may help them.

It's the Sasquatch community soap opera in full affect.

Bart, I too am a 'details guy'. When did you first learn about the boots being exposed to seawater? I hadn't heard that from Justin.

Me too, but i have no clue why something such as that has to be a secret, i find it ridiculous.

From the facebook link above

Dr. Sykes, Rhettman, and Lori debriefing after what we all just experienced...Dr. Sykes will write about it and reveal what happened when he writes his book later this year about this whole project. It will be worth the wait.

Bores me I'm afraid.

It basically boils down to " Scientist who is attempting to prove Sasquatch travels to the PNW, see's a Sasquatch whilst there, but you can only read about it if you buy his book later in the year, or maybe next year or the year after "

Like I say, it bores me now and I find it ridiculous.

Giving a brief description of what happened would not affect book sales, in fact it may help them.

It's the Sasquatch community soap opera in full affect.

Yup! Couldn't agree more, Bobby. It's par for the course, I'd say. Just enough thrown out there to pique everyone's interest, but only a few are privileged enough to be privy of it until you buy the book. Heard this one before.

It's too bad that Dr.Sykes isn't aware that the forest-people already mind-spoke to Melba and dubbed her the chosen one, and the Queen of cognatus.

From what I gathered from Mullis' comments on the Bigfootology page, it sounds like Sykes has found something of substance, though. Don't know if I misread what he was saying, or not. It would seem rather pointless for him to travel out here to go Squatchin' if all the samples came back bear, or human. But, stop me if you've heard this one before....Scientist doing a Bigfoot DNA paper goes into the field and has an encounter...Let's just hope he doesn't start a FB page and start dropping cryptic hype-teasers, and employing PR people from the Hooked on Phonics drop-out pool of unemployed habituators.

I'm curious about Bigfootology now. This is a quote from an older BF Lunch Club article.

"Bigfootology was included because this was a joint brain-child of Team Bigfootology member Dr. Anna Nekaris who is a colleague of Dr. Bryan Sykes."

So, how is Nekaris aligned with Bigfootology? It seems that a lot of groups claim some of these top-tier researchers in their specific field for built-in credibility, but I'm curious how this marriage came to be? I would think this would be more than a, "Hey, doc...Do you want to be a part of our Bigfoot club?" The fact that Sykes came out to stay w/Mullis for two weeks gives me the impression that they are a pretty credible group.

I still think it's lame to post teasers about encounters if you have no intentions of talking about them. I guess if a Dr. has an encounter, it is more profound than if you, or I do. Oh, well. C'est la vie. Glad he's putting in the effort.

SSR Team

The thing is PAC, we haven't heard ANYTHING out of the Horse's mouth publicly, for all we know Sykes could be on a flight back over the Atlantic to the centre of the universe ( ;) ) and be thinking to himself regarding this so called " encounter " the North Cascades " These Guys and Girls that I've just spent the last few days with are absolutely nuts ".

I'm not saying that is the case, but what I'm saying is as per usual, we haven't heard anything from the Horse's mouth and I don't see why not as the excuse given as to why we are not hearing any more about it just isn't good enough.

The release of a book later in the year is a poor excuse ( and the word excuse is apt for this ) for not sharing at least part of what happened.

The secrecy and transparency of it all is completely down to the individuals concerned, of course, but don't insult my/our intelligence by using a lame excuse why you're not going to disclose any information about it as I find that insulting and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I am friends with Nekarkis ( sp ? ) on FB and keep tabs on her as I knew she was involved in Sykes last year.

She is into Loris's and I think seems to be based in SE Asia fighting a losing battle trying to keep them out of the pots and cages of the locals.

Only thing I remember off the top of my head of her talking about Sasquatch was some negative comments towards the Ketchum study within the last month or two.

Edit : Sausage fingers on an iPad is not a good combo.

Edited by BobbyO

but forgive me for caring more about what the people with specific “expertise†say about circumventing contamination, then the perception of a contentious poster

Bart, there is atleast a handful of respected reseachers in this community that you would have probably heard say this same thing when they submitted samples to Ketchum. I was among them, and whether you feel the Ketchum study was a complete farce or not, it was the only study going on at the time, and I feel there is valid and predictive results in it. There's probably been 100's if not thousands of prospective bigfoot samples tested now, and not one has turned up verifiable nonhuman mtDNA. The nuDNA will be much more difficult to get, yet still potentially enlightening. My low expectation is Sykenstein DNA.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I also find it strange that all Bigfoot samples have shown modern human mtDNA. It could be that that is what their mtDNA really shows, but someone could use that to their advantage to make a fake study :)

"But, stop me if you've heard this one before....Scientist doing a Bigfoot DNA paper goes into the field and has an encounter...Let's just hope he doesn't start a FB page and start dropping cryptic hype-teasers, and employing PR people from the Hooked on Phonics drop-out pool of unemployed habituators". - PacNWYikes - I was just thinking it sounded a bit like MelbaQuest...and a book??? I'll go ahead and run the red flag up the pole. Hope this isn't another train wreck.

Edited by comncents

The question might be.....Would Sykes sooner write a negative paper on the samples than drag this out several years and fuel negative speculations, in spite of any truth he might see? He is writing a book in addition to any science paper, and the TV producers will likely come knocking.

I just wish there was a study that was handled more like what Bart and Tyler did with the Smeja sample. Send the sample(s) to multiple labs with instructions to identify the species contained within. Provide the raw data for others to analyze. IF something "unidentified" comes up - show the data. That's it. No field research with BF groups, no income streams attached (books, clothes, donations...) no predetermined results, no causes, no agendas, just run the sample, give your analysis of what it is and why and provide the raw data to everyone.

(I also wish I would win the lottery - seeing as how this is Bigfootery - I probably have a better chance with the lottery.)

SSR Team

Your signature line suits you completely Oonjerah with regards to that post ^^ ;)

I just wish there was a study that was handled more like what Bart and Tyler did with the Smeja sample. Send the sample(s) to multiple labs with instructions to identify the species contained within. Provide the raw data for others to analyze. IF something "unidentified" comes up - show the data. That's it. No field research with BF groups, no income streams attached (books, clothes, donations...) no predetermined results, no causes, no agendas, just run the sample, give your analysis of what it is and why and provide the raw data to everyone.

(I also wish I would win the lottery - seeing as how this is Bigfootery - I probably have a better chance with the lottery.)

I suppose if each researcher out there finding samples had a couple thousand to throw at each sample they find you would see that. What we've been needing is to find something in the positive category so that the researchers can request and pay for the right type of testing. Sampling the mito hasn't been working.

Guest BartloJays

Bart, I too am a 'details guy'. When did you first learn about the boots being exposed to seawater? I hadn't heard that from Justin.

I apologize to you that I missed this and have been buried as I can't remember how far back exactly but I believe it's almost to the time when he was disclosing possibly contaminants trying to remember what he shot (I picked his brain hard) while wearing them, "pre and post" purported shootings. What I didn't know until recently, about 3 months or so ago, was that it's a potentially really "bad" thing he got them submerged in "saltwater" when his 30 foot boat broke down while sturgeon fishing near Berkeley CA. Apparently, and I'm depending on those performing testing and geneticists advising me, not being well versed in this area, that this could be a much bigger problem then any contamination they will almost certainly encounter.

I'm going in with tempered expectations as I said but I really believe I've got them into two of the best persons hands I could've imagined and will get more personalization (very important for communication) and effort through methodologies employed than had I gone to just any lab.

In the interim, I'm trying to get this footage package out (some major corrections in Documentary footage had to be made...like misspellings etc...) ASAP and we are devising our field strategies for when the site reopens and wildlife returns in late July through Oct. For me, it's all about the Sierras site now after filming them there and I'm abandoning other research areas during those summer months for the next few years as it would be foolish not to from my perspective.

I suppose if each researcher out there finding samples had a couple thousand to throw at each sample they find you would see that. What we've been needing is to find something in the positive category so that the researchers can request and pay for the right type of testing. Sampling the mito hasn't been working.

I absolutely understand the "catch 21" of funding for such a study. In regards to "the mito hasn't been working"...maybe the mito is working and its just that no BF samples were submitted. Based on the Smeja-bear results and the Matilda-wookie revelation - both of which were supposedly cornerstones of Ketchum's study - is it just misconception pushed by MK that the mito would come up human? A question for the experts for me would be what is the likelihood and scenario that would have to occur for the mito not to be sufficient to ID a BF sample?