The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Glad you got it...

Bail?

No,surely there's another scam brewing somewhere(& that's coming from a proponent view)

^^ maybe skeptical proponent is a better term for me...going on over 30 years or so . (glutton for punishment? lol )

yes I realize there is a ton of BS baggage on the Bf train, loonies, attention seekers & those wanting to make a fast buck.... I don't put much hope of proof from them at all.

but ive had a couple inconclusive "maybes", friends that claim their own sightings &  those combined with the reports from credible outdoors  folks with no BF agenda keep me interested  but leaves me with more questions than answers.

even if 99 % is crap that can be explained away, that still leaves a lot accounts from folks with nothing to gain & a reputation to lose that keep coming forward.

So, I lean proponent since I figure the odds of mass hallucination /mis - ID or centuries old hoaxing conspiracy theory seem about as unlikely as BF does,maybe more so.

SSR Team

Agreed...if this goes bust like other studies I'd guess BF may be permanently considered a sham unworthy of further investigation .

Cool, but don't ever start guessing as your day job Slick as you won't get too far in it..;)

haha... me too on that BobbyO...never was lucky..

One of the reasons Bobbie's death hit so hard, besides just loving her vim/vinegar,  say what you mean! way, was that her efforts spanned thirty or so years.  She avoided the commercial tact and just plugged away...and died without an answer.  I don't want to be here twenty years from now with the same conversations!  

It is important knowledge IMO but at some point - well Slick I am entering year six...one looks around and sees the problems...and so many arise right from the community, but also society...that to continue in the chaos sounds tough...that from a witness/researcher... I "know" they are real...just what are they?  

So? I dunno....  September will come soon enough...and then?  If we are told to go away I will do my best to do so!!?

It has been up and down...sometimes it feels great, other times a slow plow...

Edited by apehuman

Agreed...if this goes bust like other studies I'd guess BF may be permanently considered a sham unworthy of further investigation .

Cool, but don't ever start guessing as your day job Slick as you won't get too far in it.. ;)

lol, well bobby I did say may be....left myself a little wiggle room there. 

& apehuman, I understand where you're coming from,  id be happy to know what or who it was I got the quick glimpses of all those years ago.

but real answers always seem to be another promising let down away.

• 3 weeks later...
BFF Patron

I just don't think the mainstream science community will ever give the Bigfoot/Sasquatch phenomenon much serious consideration no matter who it is or what is forensically proven.     

But isn't that what Dr. Sykes is  doing?

I have to agree, I don't think Sykes joined up to go to a clambake on the Oregon Coast.  But I suppose I could be wrong! 

I'm sort of hoping he will find the single strand and double strand conundrum like Ketchum,.....

that should set the BF world abuzz and ablaze for another five years (j/k). !    :codemafia:  < cheap cigar

• 5 weeks later...

I just corresponded with Meldrum on FB, and he seems to have the impression that the study will come out in conjunction with a new book from Sykes and a documentary of some sort.

Before you all start griping about "books" and "documentaries", keep in mind that Sykes is an actual published scholar with good credentials, and the documentary is 3rd party (Nat Geo or Discovery, IIRC).

I asked him if he knew anything about the P-R status of the study, but he hasn't responded yet.

Guest Urkelbot

Wouldn't that indicate inconclusive evidence at best?  If he had anything significant wouldn't he try to publish in a legitimate journal?

Not sure it indicates any conclusion...although I have to think Nat Geo would not fund a documentary that essentially conlcuded "nothing to this"....but I don't read this recent update to say there would not be a published paper too. Whatever his outcome is/will be , I would think he'd publish it. Even inconclusive results bear publishing, if that is what they are.

Yeah, IMHO even a paper / documentary describing the methodology and samples, regardless of whether it is conclusive one way or another or not, would be interesting.

MIB

Wouldn't that indicate inconclusive evidence at best?  If he had anything significant wouldn't he try to publish in a legitimate journal?

And he intends to do so.  That's a different issue from when the results make the general public.

Unlike Ketchum, Sykes is playing his PR cards close to the chest and not fueling rumors and speculations.  This is partly for his own protection, as he has much more to lose in terms of reputation than Ketchum.