The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

^I used to live fairly close to the Colville Res about 35 yrs ago. The way that article describes the looks of the children pretty much describes most of the FAE/FAS indian kids from the res. Used to be a big problem up there. 

SSR Team

This year apparently.

Only 3 months left now.

I'm curious about something. This report seems to gearing up to be another "proof is finally around the corner" milestone type of event. Where legions of Footers are warming up their stoves to prepare their crow banquet for skeptics. Now when ( IF let's say if you prefer) this study fails to deliver the goods, will any advocates here be swayed in their convictions?

I will happily go on record and say that if the report does provide something conclusive, definitive and receives a generally favorable review among scientists in relevant disciplines that I would cheerfully be swayed in my convictions. I will gladly strap on a bib and feast on crow if that proves to be the case. 

Edited by dmaker

I'm thinking that even the most conclusive DNA finding imaginable would only be an invitation to look harder for what made it. If it is deemed "human" that is not going to dissuade proponents either, and would reenforce Ketchum's conclusions. jSo, those holding out hope this will be a watershed " yeah or nay"  outcome will probably be dissapointed.   

I'm curious about something. This report seems to gearing up to be another "proof is finally around the corner" milestone type of event. Where legions of Footers are warming up their stoves to prepare their crow banquet for skeptics. Now when ( IF let's say if you prefer) this study fails to deliver the goods, will any advocates here be swayed in their convictions?

I think that depends on the basis for the person's convictions.   Mine are based on personal experience, not reliant on Sykes' results, and not undermined by them, either  It stands entirely on its own.   It's interesting to me that others have had experiences, but even those are not needed.  I saw what I saw, it is what it is, and it stands on its own merit. 

Existence .. that discussion ended for me long ago.   Slam dunk, unequivocal YES.   All the other questions remain, particularly the question of who/what they are.  It is possible Sykes' study might shed light on that.  I'm not counting on it but I'm definitely curious.

MIB

^^ I agree actually. 

Me, also.  I don't think anyone who has been at this any length of time is going to hang all hope on a single event or study.  We've been let down too many times, and yet, as each is dashed, too many other hopes remain.   Putting everything in one basket ... that's the realm of the noob. 

MIB

Do you have examples of "science" actively misleading and being dishonest to the public. Where all the scientists worldwide in a specific field are in cahoots to pull the wool over the eyes of the people of the world.

Artifacts that do not fit into the archaeological paradigm . Artifacts from California mines. Of course despite dozens of witnesses , the fact that the Smithsonian reps say it never happened. It is a conspiracy that  only the fringe believe happened. Then there is the missing skeletons of the giants of Nevada . That one is a little harder to dismiss since the Smithsonian missed a few skulls.

Artifacts that do not fit into the archaeological paradigm . Artifacts from California mines. Of course despite dozens of witnesses , the fact that the Smithsonian reps say it never happened. It is a conspiracy that only the fringe believe happened. Then there is the missing skeletons of the giants of Nevada . That one is a little harder to dismiss since the Smithsonian missed a few skulls.

Id sure like to hear about this one. Sounds like another in a long line of conspiricies that start with "I read it on the internet....."

I'm guessing he is referring to the Lovelock cave skulls. I thought they were in possesion of a small museum in Nevada, not hidden anywhere.

I seem to recall a story of bones sent to the Smithsonian that were lost, don't really remember the details however. If I remember correctly it was just a piece of skull.

Edit : It seems Sasfooty just posted about the Smithsonian question in another thread.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/41572-urban-bigfoot-seriously/page-38#entry773855

Edited by Rockape

Can anyone post anything other than stories of the Lovelock giants? I never found anything solid about this story. Maybe just that he skeletons were slightly larger is all that I've found.

It also seems that some of the skeletons were destroyed by nonscientists.

In fact, it seems that there is no physical evidence of giant skeletons from any of the numerous stories. They always seem to find the giants but they end up being lost or destroyed.

Wildman look at California gold rush days . Hundreds of artifacts dozens of locations in rock thousands of feet deep. Then someone explain to me the water errosion on the sphinx.