The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Guest Darrell

"Secondly, it puts paid to the ‘sceptic’s’ (or perhaps more correctly the BFF contrarian sceptic’s) assertion that the idea of a horse-sized creature (as a bear it is likely to be fairly sizeable) remaining undiscovered by the omnipotent force of modern ‘science’ is bunkum – that notion is, self-evidently, incorrect."

I would still say that if in fact this is true, that still doesnt mean there are bidpedal hominids running around the worlds back 40. A brown/polor bear is still a bear, and probably the same size and probably look the same as current bears. And quess what, we know we have huge bears in NA. Tell me how that in any way explains the possibility of 10 ft tall walking ape men in the lower 48?

Well it just suggests there may be a bear hybrid living some where in the Himalayas. not a bear/human hybrid. Not a bi-pedal homonid. A bear.

Darrel, can  you see the significance of this as outlined by Stan?

@Darrell:

'probably' isn't very convincing, especially when, in the same article you quote, it specifically says it does NOT look like a common bear.

Guest Stan Norton

"Secondly, it puts paid to the ‘sceptic’s’ (or perhaps more correctly the BFF contrarian sceptic’s) assertion that the idea of a horse-sized creature (as a bear it is likely to be fairly sizeable) remaining undiscovered by the omnipotent force of modern ‘science’ is bunkum – that notion is, self-evidently, incorrect."

I would still say that if in fact this is true, that still doesnt mean there are bidpedal hominids running around the worlds back 40. A brown/polor bear is still a bear, and probably the same size and probably look the same as current bears. And quess what, we know we have huge bears in NA. Tell me how that in any way explains the possibility of 10 ft tall walking ape men in the lower 48?

Well, that wasn't what I said. Take another look. There is a principle here and quite a simple one at that.

Oops, the tallest reported Polar Bear was not 18 feet, I guess I had an anaconda in mind, not sure how I got that notion, but suffice it to say they grow over Ten feet and larger ones may have existed in the past, as most ice age animals needed the larger mass to endure the extremes, so our ancient Polar Bear genes should have been passed on to this Modern Equivalent, or something like that.  I was just surprised that seasoned hunters and trackers could have thought of the Yeti as something besides a bear, and been terrified by the 5 foot abominable snow bear version of a Yeti.  Does not fully explain the mystery to me, although it makes for interesting fodder for discussing.  Hey it's a new specie, let's get it documented, and where are all the bones, you mean we don't have a body or bones?

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Either I'm stuck on stupid or the recent results from Sykes are being interpreted far beyond anything than what they are: DNA evidence of a possible new species found in the region where the Yeti is supposed to inhabit. Now, didn't Sykes call specifically for Yeti samples for THIS study?? So, if this is what he got from persons who thought they submitted samples from a Yeti, Sykes has shown those samples are not from an unknown hominid, which is what the Yeti supposedly is.

Regardless, the DNA match he discovered is really historic and it's getting picked up by mainstream media as I type. But, with Ketchum's "reveal" just within recent weeks, that and the US shutdown, well, perhaps they just aren't all that interested. Sykes DNA evidence shows a bear that people might have mistaken for the Yeti. Alot of people may be like "big deal" at this point.

Does it mean the Yeti doesn't exist? Of course not. What it means is what Sykes has is not Yeti. And I have to agree with what Data said last page over, the more exciting results are the "gotcha" for hyping a show. I don't think the North American or Russia shows will have anything earth shattering. Would be nice, but.................

Here's a link to an interview with Sykes from the BBC website. I don't know if this is available in other countries, so aplogise in advance if its a dead link.

What he seems to say to me is that he has tested hair samples from around the world and come up with something in the Himalayas. Does that mean samples from elswhere have come up blank?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24565282

Guest Darrell

Have I missed something Stan? Do we not know that bears exist? And did we not know that bears exist in the Himilayas? And did we not know that brown bears and polar bears interbreed?  I do think its a big deal to proponents because you all want to grab at any straw you can reach to validate your belief system.

It is what it is another nail in the Bigfoot coffin but spin it the way that keeps you happy.

How many 'nails' will it take to keep that lid down Urklebot?

Thanks for your considerable input to the debate. If the pro-bigfoot nature of some of the posts trouble you somewhat, I would perhaps take myself off elsewhere.

Critical thinking is obviously not all what it's cracked up to be.

Here's a link to an interview with Sykes from the BBC website. I don't know if this is available in other countries, so aplogise in advance if its a dead link.

What he seems to say to me is that he has tested hair samples from around the world and come up with something in the Himalayas. Does that mean samples from elswhere have come up blank?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24565282

He didn't speak on the other samples, just the two that were bear. He seems to be reporting on those separately. The link worked for me.

Guest Urkelbot

How many 'nails' will it take to keep that lid down Urklebot?

Thanks for your considerable input to the debate. If the pro-bigfoot nature of some of the posts trouble you somewhat, I would perhaps take myself off elsewhere.

Critical thinking is obviously not all what it's cracked up to be.

I don't think there are enough nails to stop people from continuing there belief in Bigfoot. But these results, if in fact no Bigfoot/yeti DNA, are another blow to the existence of Bigfoot being true. How many more failed DNA tests before the writings on the wall.

I was really hoping the results were Bigfoot. The pro Bigfoot comments don't bother me. It's odd more people here don't realize this is evidence against Bigfoot. Not to mention more reason legitimate scientists won't take the field seriously.

Edited by Urkelbot

BFF Patron

Either I'm stuck on stupid or the recent results from Sykes are being interpreted far beyond anything than what they are: DNA evidence of a possible new species found in the region where the Yeti is supposed to inhabit. Now, didn't Sykes call specifically for Yeti samples for THIS study?? So, if this is what he got from persons who thought they submitted samples from a Yeti, Sykes has shown those samples are not from an unknown hominid, which is what the Yeti supposedly is.

Regardless, the DNA match he discovered is really historic and it's getting picked up by mainstream media as I type. But, with Ketchum's "reveal" just within recent weeks, that and the US shutdown, well, perhaps they just aren't all that interested. Sykes DNA evidence shows a bear that people might have mistaken for the Yeti. Alot of people may be like "big deal" at this point.

Does it mean the Yeti doesn't exist? Of course not. What it means is what Sykes has is not Yeti. And I have to agree with what Data said last page over, the more exciting results are the "gotcha" for hyping a show. I don't think the North American or Russia shows will have anything earth shattering. Would be nice, but.................

Maybe this is the reason you do the peer reviewed journal submission process before the accolades from the documentaries.......  but that is just a guess, lol. 

Guest Stan Norton

Have I missed something Stan? Do we not know that bears exist? And did we not know that bears exist in the Himilayas? And did we not know that brown bears and polar bears interbreed? I do think its a big deal to proponents because you all want to grab at any straw you can reach to validate your belief system.

Yes. Have a second go. What I'm saying is really quite simple.