The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Cotter, what is the relevance of your question? No photos? I don't know, maybe because the people that live in that region do not own cameras nor do they typically go out looking for the yeti to take pictures? Maybe they saw one and thought it was just a regular old bear, so no great urge to take a picture. We're not talking about the relatively comfortable climate of the PNW, or the forests of Eastern North America. I know of no BFRO ( Bearfoot Research Organization) paid camping trips to the snowy peaks of the Himalayas.   Do you?   Do you honestly not see the huge and ridiculous gap in what you are trying to imply here?

Well, I have yet to see a photo of the mummy bear, but here is what Gotta Know had to say after he saw it: "Strangest looking bear I've ever seen. Could be a trick of taxidermy, but it looks like a bear/ape cross of sorts."

Does that sound like a 'normal bear'?

Furthermore, the Bhutan Foundation, which works with many organizations to document rare animals such as the snow leopard operates in the area as well.  You would think that they would have had some interest in an unusual looking bear.

I agree that a live specimen will help settle exactly how much different this bear looks than a normal bear.  But if one is to think there are no cameras in Bhutan...well.....I've shown that to be a fallacy.  (A quick google search of Bhutan wildlife will show that numerous folks DO have cameras, AND take pics of wildlife in Bhutan).

I shall admit I am way off-base if the photos and the specimen look just like any old Bhutan bear.  If it does not, I would like a better explanation than "no cameras in Bhutan".

Fair enough?

Oh, forgot this part.  As far as expeditions in the himilayas....wildlife expeditions to be specific, seems like there is not only a significant amount, but a plethora of camera toting expeditioners hitting the Himalayas to specifically seek wildlife.  Can't wait to see what this bear looks like.

http://www.greathimalayanexpeditions.com/wildlife-fishing-tour.html

http://intowild.webs.com/

http://www.trekking-world.com/himalaya-expeditions

http://www.greathimalayanexpeditions.com/index.html

http://wildlifetour-india.com/glimpses-of-india/himalayan-wilderness.html

http://www.himexnepal.com/

http://www.touristplacesinindia.com/himalayan-expeditions/

Edited by Cotter

^^Cotter, check out the clip on the Today show that includes a brief clip of the bear on display. What I found most interesting was the closely set nose and its shape; no observable nosepad (or rhinarium) as with canines/bears.

Not drawing any conclusions whatsover. Just that this thing doesn't look like the standard Yogi.

Cliff Barackman was on the "Joe Show"(internet radio) last night and he seemed convinced that something very exciting will be released about the US samples.  He didn't give details, but he has reliable inside information.

Cliff Barackman also has a tv series (new season coming out) that might benefit from some publicity!

I don't mean to poo-poo Cliff Barackman--or his enthusiasm--because he comes across as being sincere and believable.  But, there is another motive for his excitement!!

it's starting to feel like a party here...

I would think Cliff would not say it will be big news unless he knew.  Exciting, but also maybe still a while to know for certain...don't you suspect the show does not contain any results critical to Sykes 'shocking' findings, unless the hoped for paper were also published?  

Edited by apehuman

Cliff Barackman also has a tv series (new season coming out) that might benefit from some publicity!

I don't mean to poo-poo Cliff Barackman--or his enthusiasm--because he comes across as being sincere and believable.  But, there is another motive for his excitement!!

I get what you are saying, but that is definitely not the impression I got.  Seems legit to me.

Guest gerrykleier

it's starting to feel like a party here...

I would think Cliff would not say it will be big news unless he knew.  Exciting, but also maybe still a while to know for certain...don't you suspect the show does not contain any results critical to Sykes 'shocking' findings, unless the hoped for paper were also published?  

I don't know him, but what I gather about him from his blog, the show etc is he's a big I LOVE SCIENCE sort of guy.  Many new discoveries would probably genuinely be viewed as 'Big News' to him-an unusually configured galaxy, an odd reproductive method by a bug with implications for our understanding of evolution, a different kind of bear in the Himalayas etc etc. All somewhat equal to him. I am not knocking him AT ALL. I think he would be fascinated by many discoveries and grasp their implications. He ain't dumb.

He didn't add "for the field of Bigfooting" to his 'Big News' comment, as far as I know, which is maybe telling.

Hope I'm wrong!

GK

Guest Stan Norton

"Secondly, it puts paid to the ‘sceptic’s’ (or perhaps more correctly the BFF contrarian sceptic’s) assertion that the idea of a horse-sized creature (as a bear it is likely to be fairly sizeable) remaining undiscovered by the omnipotent force of modern ‘science’ is bunkum – that notion is, self-evidently, incorrect."

I would still say that if in fact this is true, that still doesnt mean there are bidpedal hominids running around the worlds back 40. A brown/polor bear is still a bear, and probably the same size and probably look the same as current bears. And quess what, we know we have huge bears in NA. Tell me how that in any way explains the possibility of 10 ft tall walking ape men in the lower 48?

On a repeat reading this strikes me as odd. If bigfoot/sasquatch turned out to be real it would only be another ape - we already know that other apes exist and, heck, we are one of 'em. Why is the idea of another ape any more or less interesting than another bear? There are more primate species on Earth than there are ursids, and the primates exhibit a great diversity in all aspects of their ecology. The argument is illogical and has no basis in fact. It is, statistically, more likely that there are unknown primates out there than bears. Your objection thus appears to be based solely on size. Doesn't the fact that a presumably large mammal has gone unnoticed by science sway you at all? 

Dr Sykes sways between Slayer and Saviour on an almost daily basis.

I can understand the sceptics need to turn this study into a stick to try and beat 'footers' with. The high beams have been shone upon this subject yet again which will displease the 'BF is BS' crowd but if rumblings are true then their displeasure could turn to dismay.

Guest Darrell

^ Is bigfoot really just another ape species? I thought they can mind speak yet still talk via language and code, they shapeshift and teleport. They are the smartest species on this planet. You dont have to be here long to be exposed to this BS. But yes we know apes exist. We dont know apes exist in NA. We know bears exist. We know bears exist in the Himilayan region. Is it a stretch of reality to think a new species of bear can exist in the Himalayas, no. Can a new species of bear exist in NA, yes. Does the Yeti or Bigfoot exist anywhere? Maybe, maybe not.

Many people do not know this, but Washington state.........and not the Arctic or Nepal holds the world record on annual snowfall.

Mt. Baker took the record in 98-99, previously the champ was Mt. Rainer in 71-72, both mountains belong to the Cascade range in Washington state.

http://www.publicaffairs.noaa.gov/releases99/aug99/noaa99056.html

The record is 1140 inches of snow or 95 feet.

Mount_Baker_from_Boulder_Creek.jpg

Darrell I can understand the issues you have with the telepathic/psychic/magical sasquatch. You are certainly not alone. The stuff I read on this forum makes we laugh and cry at the same time. There is no doubt this subject attracts some very special individuals who have their own take on all things BF, but I'm sure you can see beyond the lunatic fringe.

Lets not get too carried away with the bear/ape stuff just now. Sykes is hunting for 'other' types of humans. He is no doubt about what he thinks is out there. A man of his magnitude should be listened to and respected. Will he find what he's looking for? Only time shall tell.....

B-E-A-R

L-A-M-E