The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Guest Darrell

My point is when ever science throw a pitch, bigfooters strike out. Plain and simple isnt it? Sykes was going to be the new messiah and you all dont know if you should hang on hoping for something that isnt going to be there or hang him out as an enemy of the phenomina. Go back and read some of my earlier posts in this thread, its all there and its shaking out almost exactly as I wrote it would.

Science threw a 120,00 year old bear pitch. the only strike outs there were scoftics who swore that there is no way on this little green planet that we haven't discovered every animal bigger than a house cat.  Congrats Darrell, on nailing that one!  Link to your prescient post please?

I don't need to waste my time looking for fiction. I also like to spell phenomena without an "i". Don't even get me started on ain't without an apostrophe, your post gives me all the insight I need about your musings.

Guest Darrell

^Lol. Dont hate the player, hate the game , and you better step your game up. Who are you the spelling police?

Edited by Darrell
To remove derogatory reference

^Its about 20 pages back, do your own work this aint welfare. I think Sykes and the TV show pretty much nailed the phenomina.

We'll it ain't welfare ..... But why do research on someone's opinion .....

BTW. ........ Where's your proof.

Nuff said

I'll just wait to see how this plays out ...

It frustrates me to see people constantly making the same mistake and not learning from it, is why.  Not you in particular.  But people constructing elaborate false premises to permit them to hope for things that are never going to come.

The Sykes study is over and we know what's in it.  Hoping for something more than that before now was reasonable.  Hoping for something more from now on is misguided.

It's over? Okay, can you send me a link to the paper, and a place where I can buy the book? Thanks!

Guest guillaume

The smart money is on Sykes having made all of his big revelations in the documentary TV series.  The paper will provide the technical stuff, and the book will provide more casual color and details.  I think the hope of "bigfoot proof" popping up in the paper or book is pretty much zero.

The smart money is on Sykes having made all of his big revelations in the documentary TV series.  The paper will provide the technical stuff, and the book will provide more casual color and details.  I think the hope of "bigfoot proof" popping up in the paper or book is pretty much zero.

The TV show was pure entertainment, I'm sure that's not nearly all the results. That's not how Sykes or science in general works.

Guest guillaume

I'm well aware of how science works.  My point relates to how TV works.  There are idiots out there, but not many who'd put money into a production in which the payday was withheld.  I think it's safe to say the documentary dramatized Sykes' high points such as they were.

Of course, we'll see what happens in the fullness of time.

Guest Llawgoch

What guillaume says is the rational and sensible conclusion.  I am very confident it will prove to be the correct conclusion.  The idea that this documentary company signed up to produce a film with Sykes saying "of course, any interesting results I shall withhold" is so absurd as to be discountable in my eyes - especially as Sykes proved willing to give them the bear result and speculate wildly concerning the Zana result.  

It would be seriously disappointing if some of the submitted samples were simply lost and with no answer on them. It could happen I guess, but that shouldn't be ignored because it can create conspiracy theories. I would think Sykes knows where all of his 30+ samples come from and who they came from. The submitters should have some sort of notification about their samples.

I realize this has no meaning to a skeptic, but it sure would to someone who's put in the work to collect the samples.