Bears.. Are They Afraid Of Sasquatch (Top Alpha Predators)?

Bears may not be the top alpha predator. Whenever a bear kills a deer, he often loses out on the meal when a pack of wolves show up. That tells me that bears are unable to defend themselves or their kill against multiple other predators. So when I watched this video link, I think the bear took off because he knew that where there is one sasquatch, there are likely others around, and he doesn't want to tangle with one if he knows there may be another.

Guest brucescotland

this is something ive often wondered and thought about.....they MUST have confrontations occationally....although i agree they probably give each other a wide berth....

This has been posted many times before.... gota say i tip my hat to the actor in the suit!!

I agree they probably would try avoid each other. I think that BF would easily prevail over any bear he encounters. He'd use an oak branch the way Babe Ruth used a bat. The bear would attack, BF would adroitly sidestep such attack, pivot and break the bear's back with one goliathian swipe of an 8" oak branch.

Bye bye birdy, aaah bear.

I disagree, i'd say that against your average black bear it would be roughly 50/50. But, against a grizzly thats a whole other story... It's my personal opinion that Alaska is one of the most likely places for this creature to survive, it's so rugged vast and unexplored and it has abundant resources to support a large omnivorous mammal. But, Alaska is home to the largest brown bear subspecies in the world, males average 360 kg, and it's not uncommon to find them heavier, they can tower 10 feet tall and have five inch claws. I think in Alaska the squatch will have to learn to respect the great bear.

9a636d1169ee9beb195efe9336c5e448c4616f8c_r.jpg

54c16c60971cf133e5e794950b653a87530f82e1_r.jpg

9fe369f9610d90a21ba5fa673180eb575fb2778a_r.jpg

Big male brownies like this can rip up adult sas i believe. Though, as I say they probably recognize the danger they both pose to each other, and avoid each other most of the time.

Guest Deucalion

In my opinion the top apex predator is man. History has shown us that we are without a shadow of a doubt the dominant species. If it was squatch or the bear then we would not be sat around computers having these conversations. We would be in hiding

Yes, but what is a very big alpha male Sasquatch (about 9 1/2 to 10 feet tall, yes it's rare) came into confrontation with a big grizzly? I'm talking a very, very muscular alpha Sasquatch, I'd love to see who would prevail in that competition.

I think part of the reason black bears run at the sight of humans is they may think we are sasquatches....small ones mind you, but perhaps with bigger ones with us. I think along the same reasoning as bears always running like hell when my dog goes ofter them- they must think its a wolf and there are more coming. They arent going to stick around to get a positive ID.

Grizzlies arent worried about it.

Guest Graydog52

Hi, I have a story that I read online. If I can find it I will try to make it available:

A hunter in search of a trophy grizzly was on a mountain where such a trophy lived. I think the hunter was native . He witnessed a female sasquatch with a young child during his first day on the mountain. He also saw his trophy grizzly tracking mother and child. Knowing it could get hairy, he secured his campsite shortly after dark. Sometime early A.M. he heard sounds like two bull elephants on the mountain side. The sounds and volume were incredible. He said he heard trees being pulled up and knocked over ,big trees too,boulders ripped out of the ground and thrown,growling,howling ,and flesh being torn.This continued for about three hours. I believe he said he spent the rest of the night with his rifle in his lap,not sleeping.

The next morning his partner came up the trail and he related the night's experience to him. They went to the battle site.He said ,in this pristine forest there was an area about thirty yards in diameter scrubbed clean down to the dirt. There were broken trees ,huge boulders tossed around , blood, bear fur, non bear skin, and pits where a mighty struggle had occurred.

They decide it would be best to get off the mountain before the very angry winner woke up. On their way down the mountain they came upon the prize grizzly under a tree. (I am thinking that he estimated the bear at eleven feet tall and fourteen hundred pounds). The bear was no longer a prize . It could not get up to defend itself. It was plastered with blood and missing large chunks of flesh from around it's neck. He said teethmarks were visible as though something had tried to bite the bear's throat open. They did disturb the bear any further and decided to leave as quickly as possible to avoid this sasquatch that could do this to a giant grizzly.

Graydog52, thats a very interesting account if true. It takes a lot to put down an adult male grizzly, these are the wounds they have suffered, and lived to tell about.

db54affcbfb205a05ac9b73646d6071d.jpg

5f116a659513fd39e9bb6b7642f62a696f2d34e8_r.jpg

b2436188678e97561f13f8c13f56edbddd3fb0ca_r.jpg

All of theese bears survived there wounds, sustained through fighting. If a sasquatch can beat the life out of a trophy male grizz, if the account is true then perhaps i am reading too much stuff about them being, giant, treehugging hippies. But, i still think a prime male alaskan brown bear could crush a sasquatch skull, or at least give it a few claw shaped tattoos.

Guest Graydog52

Bigteddy, You are right. It seems alot of true stories about bigfoot are not easily believable. However, I have studied this up about him. Male size can range as tall as fifteen feet or more. Largest footprint 27". Speed-able to catch the Kentucky Derby winner. Strength -able to throw 150 lb. boulders 50 yards,at least one instance of boulders being thrown which were weighed by a crane at 2,000 lb.s. I have read several accounts of them being shot with large caliber guns (Big Males),screaming at the shooter and walking away,no blood trail. That is an indicator of a muscle density that we have no model of comparison for. I read a story from St Augustine florida-1980s- 1500 lb. horse found dead, head pulled off, extremely large footprints around horse.Sasquatch do not like horses and horses will kill themselves trying to get away from sasquatch.I have seen video of animals that had their skull and entrails pulled out through their mouth. The manual dexterity and brute strength required to do such an act is off the scale. I see sasquatch being able to pull the bears lungs out through his mouth and show them to him before he hits the ground.Question: Why did'nt sasquatch kill the grizzly?

Bigteddy, You are right. It seems alot of true stories about bigfoot are not easily believable. However, I have studied this up about him. Male size can range as tall as fifteen feet or more. Largest footprint 27". Speed-able to catch the Kentucky Derby winner. Strength -able to throw 150 lb. boulders 50 yards,at least one instance of boulders being thrown which were weighed by a crane at 2,000 lb.s. I have read several accounts of them being shot with large caliber guns (Big Males),screaming at the shooter and walking away,no blood trail. That is an indicator of a muscle density that we have no model of comparison for. I read a story from St Augustine florida-1980s- 1500 lb. horse found dead, head pulled off, extremely large footprints around horse.Sasquatch do not like horses and horses will kill themselves trying to get away from sasquatch.I have seen video of animals that had their skull and entrails pulled out through their mouth. The manual dexterity and brute strength required to do such an act is off the scale. I see sasquatch being able to pull the bears lungs out through his mouth and show them to him before he hits the ground.Question: Why did'nt sasquatch kill the grizzly?

Will any other proponent stand by this post?

Edited by kbhunter

Guest OntarioSquatch

15ft tall sasquatch might be stretching it. I've read many sightings and almost all of them that mention the height say it was around 7-8 ft tall.

Yeah graydog52, there are quite a few reports that i find dubious to say the least, the main area of interest for me is sasquatches relationship with other predators, since it must fit into the food chain. But, i really don't think 15 feet tall is likely, no matter how stealthy that creature was, it would get noticed. Personally, i think at the biggest an adult male sas would be 8 feet tall and around 600 pounds. Your right though, an animal of this size would have frightful strength, hurled boulders, dents in motor homes, ripped down trees and legs yanked off deer is all proof of there mighty strength. They are not animals to be taken lightly, not even by bears. As for pulling out a bears lungs, don't really see that happening he would get his arm bitten off.

.Question: Why did'nt sasquatch kill the grizzly? i guess only the bigfoot knows why, it was probably happy having just fended off the bear, then escaped the scene.

Guest Graydog52

Hey wildman,

I just registered so I only have two posts. If that profiles me,oh well. I do not lie intentionally,and, as I said ,if I can find the link to these stories I will provide it.I am not familiar with your term trolling. I thought that was what fishermen and women who look better in poor lighting did. I don't look for unbelievable stories. I want to find information that tells who sasquatch is as much as what he is.There are people who see these creatures regularly and can approach them fairly closely, but, they have an uncommon ability to connect with them and they have spent years developing a relationship of trust.

Guest Graydog52

Bigteddy, there is no argument to your point. Fifteen feet tall is ridiculous. The impression I have gotten is that the massive sized sasquatch live predominantly in Northern California,Oregon , Washington,and all of Canada.The rest of the continental U.S. seems to average 6'-8'and 600 to 800 pds.The females going about 6' to 7' and 350 to 400 pds.Down south we have some big ones ,maybe on the large side of average, but, we also have skunk apes. I did not know they were different from sasquatch , but, apparently they are.

I think much of the trepidation about sasquatch is that it took so long for us to quit believing in werewolves and the boogieman ,and, this just hits way too close to home.

The anthropologist Jane Goodall was amused that americans doubt the existance of sasquatch. National Geographic has quietly admitted that there is a bipedal primate wandering North America that defies the fossil record.They kind of said that yes scientifically we have proof, but, the proof we have is not the kind the media wants.I suspect sasquatch would be perfectly happy to remain a hoax.....as long as bubba is not allowed to take pot shots at him.

• masterbarber locked this topic