More Questions Than Answers

Midnight Owl

There are no simple answers to the questions many folks following BFF would like to have regarding the Bigfoot phenomenon.

Throughout recorded history across the world there have been accounts of a tall hairy manlike creature stalking the remote wooded areas of the land. Native American legends and folklore have the same accounts of a tall hairy biped called by many names.

Early American history and new accounts have listings of witness accounts. Wood Devil, Boogers, Wild Man of the Woods, Half Face, Skunk Ape and many more names apply to this phenomenon.

From its formation in 1995 until the present, The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization has listed over 4,000 close encounter accounts that have proved to be reliable from conducting background investigations into the incidents. This does not include the total number submitted and for various reasons, were not published on their website.

Several university professors and retired law enforcement officials have hundreds of cast foot impressions taken from remote areas, some of which have distinctive dermal ridges and injury marks, not easily replicated by novice pranksters.

In the U.S., there presently scores of private organizations spending hundreds of man hours out in the field gathering evidence about Bigfoot with mixed results. Not counting the private individuals and hunters, there are over a hundred camera traps set up across the nation in hopes of capturing a good image of what is making those huge foot impressions.

People want answers, but often quickly reject anything presented that deviates from their strict pre-conceived ideas about what is actually going on.

1. You have the skeptical ones who believe all this is just the work of a few pranksters…rightfully so; this has been proven to apply to a number of instances and is a cloud that hangs over any serious inquiries.

2. You have people who believe Bigfoot possibly exists, but if so, it is just a dumb undiscovered primate wondering around out in the woods that can be manipulated, stalked and hunted. This approach has had little if any success, yet there are many who will not deviate from this mindset. With little or no evidence to prove their point and for whatever reasons (i.e. inflated egos, jealously, status etc.), some will viciously attack the integrity and sanity of those who disagree with their position.

3. You do have the people who have come to know the Bigfoot and have regular close interaction with them. There are things they observe about them that add more questions than answers. Call it paranormal, intra-dimensional or whatever, but they witness things about them that have no natural explanation as we know it. Some do relate experiencing telepathic communications, physical transformations and other paranormal stuff way out of the box and only a very few will receive it.

In my remaining lifetime, I feel additional scientific facts will be presented, but the conflict with opinions and views will continue and more questions than answers will be presented.

Bigfoot will remain a hot topic, but more questions than answers will be presented.

This is just my humble opinion and view which is subject to change as additional facts and evidence is presented.

Midnight Owl

• Upvote 1

Guest poignant

My thoughts on bf have transitioned from gigantopithecus, to relic hominid, to something more sinister.

I would like for my first and most recent theories to be proven wrong.

Guest poignant

Poignant, can you post your theories?

Maybe on the PMP but not on this forum though; you could PM me. :)

There are no simple answers to the questions many folks following BFF would like to have regarding the Bigfoot phenomenon.

Bigfoot will remain a hot topic, but more questions than answers will be presented.

I wanted to quote the above, since you hit the nail right on the head .. which usually draws the least amount of comments, on a forum ( just the way..it is ). I would also like to add one more stereotype of person, since I don't fall into the other three.

4) You also have the ones, that have actually experienced some of these unexplained things that happened in the field, and decided (one way or another) to try and find out for themselves, and not jump on any internet bandwagons.. and consider all intelligent opinions and options, from all that have experienced the same .

That said.. it has still not produced any indisputable evidence, that could be presented to others for proof (not really my goal, anyhow). It all has lead me to many more questions (based on what I've heard and seen) that still cannot be answered. My drive to learn more, is still greater.. than the confusion, frustration, and mounting questions .

Edited by imonacan

Shoot, Imocan I spent my "like" today already..

Great comment

And in the spirit, I just decided to throw some more of these experiences out there more and to heck with the critics ...and made a post in Psychic Sasquatch..and primarily b/c it is a weird event and I want an answer. I note in it my nagging concern some human responsible for that event, but I think really that is a very low probability.

The problem in some ways for me is, I can record all these circumstantial evidences, whether tracks, or grub sites with sticks, or unexplained animal sounds, the smell, and the video of eye shine, or of BF (although bad video, good for me), and a FLIR that seems compelling (but poor also) and it all seems to be pretty cut and dried on some levels and then...? An event like I describe in that Psychic thread happens.. I have to record it, remember it, but I am not sure it fits, or does it?...another question. The IR experiments are compelling, but not conclusive either....can they really see in the IR range? So, I am ready for some serious science out there, with a thoughtful and non injurious plan to inform us people....... waiting, waiting...!!!!...

The possibility that we are capturing many anomalies or phenomenon in circumstances of obscurity and misreading the mix is high potentially....

Right now my working hypothesis is this: homo something. more 'right brained,' highly developed senses. Possibly including what it is we call "esp" conventionally in our culture but unconfirmed by scientific method

I think they probably possess our IQ's if we could measure it without bias. But, their material culture is not in keeping with ours, and it seems not even inline with primitive man, whether of no need or no physical ability to do so or culturally imposed to survive..

they seem to be rooted pretty firmly in something very close to us, perhaps in genetics, and yet evolved in their own niche for a long time, or perhaps even more recently, I can't say.

LOL not much there really huh? And even that tentative.

Edited by apehuman

I threw Imonacon a like apehuman :) I think he mentions what it ought to be about for many of us ..... no worries.. just have fun with this. Learn what you can with what people allow you.. focus on what you can.. there is too much to get it all.. and hopefully your zest is bigger than the frustration, patience needed for people to get back to you, or other things that can cause anxiety. The more you add to your exchanges, the more personal your friendships.. the more you are included in the experiences exchanges.. and this can lead to many things. happy trails..

Guest crabshack

My thoughts on bf have transitioned from gigantopithecus, to relic hominid, to something more sinister.

I would like for my first and most recent theories to be proven wrong.

Something along the lines of "Eaters of the Dead"

We have heard the ape in the woods theory for over, what now 40+ years, and those who have followed that ideology have gotten no where.

I have always thought the undiscovered primate in the woods people were a bit nutty, if that would be what they are, then specimens of said would be stuffed and mounted in someone’s office, den or on display at every major cities Natural History Museum.

Man is a killer, the dominant predator and no dumb primitive ape is going to escape being found in North America.

This thing is mostly human and a part something else in its genetic code and make up.......but it is all pure evil.

Edited by crabshack

I think we are going into the realm of fantasy with this bigfoot being sinister thing. We should always look at things scientifically and objectively.

Guest OntarioSquatch

People say all sorts of stuff about Bigfoot that just isn't true. The evil, psychic, alien, inter-dimensional stuff are good examples.