More Questions Than Answers

Midnight Owl

Guest thermalman

It's not just an idea, it's a guiding principle in science. It has to work that way if you want to "prove" your theory. It is not meant as an attack on your truthfulness, I believe you saw something. But I'm confident it wasn't an 10 foot tall, infrasound-shooting, time-traveling, personal-wormhole-generating inter-dimensional being covered in hair. If you want me to believe that YOU need to bring a little something to the table.

It's pretty hard to mistaken something at 8' and LARGE. It would be one thing to have a mistaken identity of a mouse, mole, vole or something else along those lines at 8 feet.

I hear what you are saying ohiobill, but lets not deviate away from what the very forensic core of our legal system is based. You have physical or material evidence; documentary of written evidence and testimonial or spoken evidence.

Eye witness testimony has and will continue to be a cornerstone in our courts system and is one of the strongest forms of evidence a legal position can present. One that cannot be discounted by a opinion or two.

To be there and see these magnificent subjects up close never stops being compelely overwhelming!! People will continue to see them and supported by their testimonal evidence....there are scores of BFF members who have been there and done that. I truly do hope your day will come....

It's pretty hard to mistaken something at 8' and LARGE. It would be one thing to have a mistaken identity of a mouse, mole, vole or something else along those lines at 8 feet.

Maybe, was it seen through a tic? I have a suprising amount of experience using tics and can assure you that even common items look strange, especially under stressful conditions. Were you totally relaxed? I've been out in the field at night w/o imager & couldn't tell the difference between a horse and cow, been shocked by a fence, etc. I assure you it was not a 10 foot tall, infrasound-shooting, time-traveling, personal-wormhole-generating inter-dimensional being covered in hair and if you want a friendly wager all you need is proof and documentation of your testing methods & protocols. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, I agree you saw something.

I hear what you are saying ohiobill, but lets not deviate away from what the very forensic core of our legal system is based. You have physical or material evidence; documentary of written evidence and testimonial or spoken evidence.

Eye witness testimony has and will continue to be a cornerstone in our courts system and is one of the strongest forms of evidence a legal position can present. One that cannot be discounted by a opinion or two.

To be there and see these magnificent subjects up close never stops being compelely overwhelming!! People will continue to see them and supported by their testimonal evidence....there are scores of BFF members who have been there and done that. I truly do hope your day will come....

Testimony is not forensic evidence by definition. The core of our legal system is Common Law. Testimony's reliability is only as good as the person giving it - a good lawyer destroys the testimony of most witnesses. I'm not a lawyer but if you get up on the stand professing to have evidence of a an 10 foot tall, infrasound-shooting, time-traveling, personal-wormhole-generating inter-dimensional being covered in hair I'm confident that my side wins. No offense but extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I'd like the chance to see such proof but until then I will continue to believe what can be proven.

Guest thermalman

Just keep in mind.......we were not there. We have to take his word for what its worth, until you or I can prove otherwise. To suggest an alternative object, while not being there ourselves, is total conjecture and pretty much sums up his sighting as a fabrication. We can't be an eyewitness, or even consider a suggestion, to something we have not seen. :)

Edited by thermalman

Just keep in mind.......we were not there. We have to take his word for what its worth, until you or I can prove otherwise. To suggest an alternative object, while not being there ourselves, is total conjecture and pretty much sums up his sighting as a fabrication. We can't be an eyewitness, or even consider a suggestion, to something we have not seen. :)

Folks, I believe you saw something. It's possible it could be a bigfoot, I wasn't there and I certainly haven't called anyone a liar. As far as conjecture goes...you should consider not suggesting you have proof of infrasound, time travel, wormhole manipulation or the like without....you guessed it, PROOF. Explain to me how you can tell there was time travel? What equipment did you use to document infrasound and how did you differentiate it from naturally occuring infrasound? What are you using for wormhole documentation? YOU can't be a witness to something you can't measure. Edited by ohiobill

Guest thermalman

Excuse my ignorance.............but what are you talking about??? wormholes, time travel, etc. Have you witnessed any of these other things? And how does it relate to witnessing a large creature at 8 feet?

Edited by thermalman

Please see post #26 for the introduction of the paranormal. I know of no one who has witnessed wormholes, time travel, etc.in relation to a bigfoot sighting and I'm confident none have proof that it occured. I'm sorry if it seems that I'm attacking your sighting personally - I certainly didn't mean it that way. I addressed your sighting in the first half of post #33.

I witnessed a wormhole two weeks ago with a rather large nitecrawler coming out of it! I didn't get a photo of it but it did happen.

I also have had a witnessed bigfoot run behind me and then proceed to bombard my friend and I with what we concluded later was infrasound. It dropped him like a sack of potatoes, and disoriented my sense of time, feeling like waves of electricity bombarding me.

Thats one of the fascinating and frustrating aspects of this field. There are so few clear cut answers, and each bit of data gathered just spawns more questions!

I witnessed a wormhole two weeks ago with a rather large nitecrawler coming out of it! I didn't get a photo of it but it did happen.

I also have had a witnessed bigfoot run behind me and then proceed to bombard my friend and I with what we concluded later was infrasound. It dropped him like a sack of potatoes, and disoriented my sense of time, feeling like waves of electricity bombarding me.

Thats one of the fascinating and frustrating aspects of this field. There are so few clear cut answers, and each bit of data gathered just spawns more questions!

Hi JohnT, I don't want to offend but how can you "conclude" that you were bombarded with infrasound? Were you able to measure the wavelength of the sound that did it? Decibel level? Did the feeling of wave-like electricity cause pain like a taser? Were there rhythmic contractions of your muscles? Did either one of you lose consciousness? What time was your sighting? Approximate distance? Did you experience shortness of breath?

Did it seem evil Salubrious?

I have no idea. It refused to even look in my direction (which would have been looking into the brights of my truck). But as big as it was, whether it was evil or not is moot- it was a lot bigger and obviously more powerful than me, so it seemed a good idea to leave well-enough (me, uninjured and in my still-very-functional truck) alone.

It's not just an idea, it's a guiding principle in science. It has to work that way if you want to "prove" your theory. It is not meant as an attack on your truthfulness, I believe you saw something. But I'm confident it wasn't an 10 foot tall, infrasound-shooting, time-traveling, personal-wormhole-generating inter-dimensional being covered in hair. If you want me to believe that YOU need to bring a little something to the table.

I don't know anything about an 'infrasound-shooting, time-traveling, personal-wormhole-generating inter-dimensional being'; that stuff is pretty edgy in my book. But I have done a lot of tracking and primitive survival skills, and it does not surprise me that people might think that way about someone (human *or* BF) that knew how to use such skills- if you know what you are doing you can all but disappear, to most people like it was in thin air.

Recently I've been giving the infrasound thing a little more credence (if tigers can do it, and we humans can do throat singing, maybe??). IOW, all I really know about is the BF I saw was easily 10 feet tall when standing (it was 6 feet tall seated on its rear and I have a good measure as it was only 2 feet from my truck). I was not suggesting that I was proving something- obviously I am not as all I have is my personal experience, I was just clarifying.

I can tell you this which is true without question: *if* you ever have an encounter, most of what you *think* will go right out the window in a heartbeat. And if you don't have an encounter, no worries :)

BFF Patron

Infrasound is a fasinating explanation. I often wonder about it as well? Would passing out from fear be construde as infrasound?

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Infrasound

Probably not, more likely this: vasovagal syncope

Edited by bipedalist

Most folks who have regular interaction with the Bigfoot, reach a place where they quit trying to prove this point to others, plain and simple. Just seeing one is extremely difficult and sometimes impossible. Photos are even more difficult....shoot you have a Hollywood crew hooting and shouting across the U.S. with little to show for their efforts.

One of the best forms of evidence aside from the item in question are eye witnesses. There will be scores this year have a close encounter experience.....sadly, not getting the proof of what they viewed.....