Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

"You mean to say, if it had happened, you would have been sure to have known about it."

Sure we'd know about it? Of course not, but the 1700s–mid 1900s was the golden age of natural history collecting. People knew that there were museums and wealthy collectors who'd pay handsomely for such an unusual creature. So I don't assume that there was one hillbilly once who might have killed a bigfoot, I'm assuming that, if bigfoots are really real, there must have been many instances of people killing one. This would include people from all sorts of backgrounds who settled this continent. Heck, one of our first iconic bigfoot stories (Ape Canyon, 1920s) includes a miner killing one. Our forbears killed untold thousands of bears, wolves, mountain lions, elk, moose, etc., they must've been good for at least a couple dozen bigfoots.

We've also got the aboriginal peoples problem in that we don't have any bigfoot artifacts that were collected and maintained by any native peoples in North America. This is usually argued against from the position that Native Americans revere bigfoot and would have had taboos against keeping a piece of one. Maybe, but "Native Americans" include hundreds of distinct cultures with their own societal norms, and I'd be hesitant to paint them with one broad brush. If people would keep pieces of other people as talismans or trophies, then I don't see why they wouldn't keep pieces of bigfoot as well. Reverence for the mystical man-apes in the wilderness didn't keep Tibetans from keeping pieces of yetis in their shrines, it's just that those weren't pieces of actual yetis.

So yes, long before the word "bigfoot" was coined in the 1950s, I would've expected a verifiable piece of a bigfoot to have come to light.

If they exist in the U.P. of Michigan, as many claim they do, they would have most certainly been shot by now.

The locals there shoot for food, and they shoot for fun.

The biggest problem for wildlife managers in the U.P. in the 1990's is that the locals kept shooting the Moose and they kept shooting the Wolves. They shot the moose to eat, and the shot the wolves because the wolves ate the deer. The DNR actually put out flyers defining how to tell a wolf from a coyote for the locals. It didn't work. The locals knew what they were shooting. A Bigfoot in the UP would be considered competition, or something to tell the guys 'down at bar' that night. And in 6 foot of snow, it would be a clumsy, easy target.

That's a hefty bunch of assumptions there. Science finds assumptions wrong more often than not, which is why scientific practice discourages them.

Then there's this: the dumb and dumber Bornean race of the Sumatran rhino evaded camera traps for ten years.

Bornean rhinos number no more than 50 individuals and where does it say that they evaded them for ten years.

Saskpetic, the "Minaret skull" comes to mind for me as something like what you describe. Couldn't agree more. Only anecdotal, but D. Boone also is said to have related an episode of killing a BF like critter. As somebody who opened up an entire trans-Appalachian wilderness on the mere strength of his word about the quality of the hunting there, I would have expected him to be very circumspect about spreading tall tales on that subject.

White USA citizens of European ancestry, such as myself, are gradually waking up the unprecedented scope of the biological die-off of the Indian cultures we unwittingly unleashed on this continent merely by showing up. After a lifetime of reading and studying about the remnant populations, their culture, habits and ceremonies, I can only guess as to what was lost. We'll just never know. There is also one thing you can also count on: The last thing any Indian would ever do is divulge the content of his medicine bundle to a wasichu. Better it be concealed, or evenn destroyed. Most were, we think. Some are still rumoured to exist today, as a holy of holies, so to speak. It is anyone's guess as to what is in them, and I don't expect to find out.

• Upvote 1

That's a hefty bunch of assumptions there. Science finds assumptions wrong more often than not, which is why scientific practice discourages them.

First hand experience, not assumptions.

First hand experience, not assumptions.

So you've had firsthand experience hunting sasquatch in deep snow? Holdin' out on us, man?

Guest OntarioSquatch

If you have an emotional 'problem' in accepting bigfoot then of course you are going to think Wallace might have had something to do with everything bigfoot related in Northern California.

Lol. Nice one.

In all the discussions about people's "need to believe in monsters," I find it interesting indeed that people's need to believe in Ray Wallace doesn't get that much treatment.

They want you to do all their research for them. [sigh]

I've done the research and could not find any mention of them "avioding camera traps for ten years".

Edited by Jerrymanderer

So you've had firsthand experience hunting sasquatch in deep snow? Holdin' out on us, man?

I'm 6'6 with Big feet, and I've tried to navigate through 6' deep snow in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Some Bigfoots are shorter than me, and have smaller feet.

First hand experience on that claim as well.

Guest Kerchak

In all the discussions about people's "need to believe in monsters," I find it interesting indeed that people's need to believe in Ray Wallace doesn't get that much treatment.

Haha what a great comeback.

Spiffingly good show ol' bean. Couldn't have said it better myself.

OntarioSquatch,

Thank you.

I'm 6'6 with Big feet, and I've tried to navigate through 6' deep snow in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

First hand experience on that claim as well.

Read reports of trackways found in deep snow, and you might surmise that a hunter with a gun in deep snow is at a decided disadvantage against a sasquatch.

Or, if you really want to play fantasy world, imagine that a human made those tracks.

Guest Kerchak

So would you say it would be extremely difficult for pranksters fooling around with fake feet to make convincing tracks in deep snow?

Edit. I see DWA has already made the point.

Edited by Kerchak