Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

Guest Kerchak

I thought I could come back and put a little humor in between the skeptic vs believer tug of war, maybe help bridge the gap, point out some common flaws and put my two cents into helping expose hoaxes and those that like to play them, guess I was wrong.

Tim

You didn't notice the 'LOL' at the end of my post? I was taking the **** too.

Oh, that's classic. The "why are you here" stick. Spare us please

Why spare you? :tease: Hehe what have you done to deserve being 'spared'? How come for you it's ok for the skeptic to moan about no evidence but it's not ok for the proponent to moan about the skeptic moaning about no evidence LOL??? :spiteful:

Nobody forces the skeptic to come in here. They choose to of their own free will. There is a whole wide world out there and lots of other things they can be doing instead.......yet they choose to come into a bigfoot website.........to whine and complain. They fully deserve to have a little bit of ribbing now and then. They have thick hides don't they? :tommy:

Edited by Kerchak

Dobbsquatch-

But Bigfoot isn't seen in the forests only.

Many sightings are in farm fields, woodlots, rest areas, around peoples homes. Do you think most deer hunters set their game cams up in forests? or do you think they set them up next to bait piles in hedgrows and wooded areas between farm fields?

Drew, I think people set them up where ever they think they are gonna get a pic of whatever they are looking for. And, that's anywhere really: farms, feeders, forest, pastureland, etc.

I just think that there is a miss perception anout how many of these things there are and that one of the "should" have got a pic of a BF by now. I posted this info for reference when it comes to the issues of plot watchers and trailcams.

Frankly, I think it's not about how many, but rather where they are put that matters most, but less than 1% is not very hopeful.

Food for thought on plot watchers and trailcams:

If every trailcam and plot watcher manufactured in the last 5 years were out in the field and running 24/7/365 they would cover less than one percent of the forested land in the United States.

For more specific details, look up The Bigfoot Tonight Shows episode January 14, 2013 with guest William Dranginis: at the 45 minute mark.

IIRC there is a recent estimate of 15,000 Sas...

If each Sas has to walk a mile each day to find the calories required to feed a Sas then:

The number of Sas x the number of steps in a mile = the number of potential tracks to be found:

63,330 inchs per mile, 41" per step (according to PGF) = 1552 steps per mile -- so 15,000 x 1552 = 23,280,000 tracks per day or 8,497,200,000 tracks per year.

Based on the fact that Patty's tracks were deeper than a horse's and still visible months later, we should be covered up in Sas tracks. 8-1/2 billion per year????

Thanks for that comncents, that is very interesting - and quite damning in some ways.

So if a squatch print covers roughly 16x6 inches that means around 96sq inches in total. 96 x 8,497,200,000 = 815,731,200,000sq inches, should be around 200 square miles of prints.

Disclaimer - I am on the train at the mo. - the above might be utterly wrong.

Edited by PaddysLad

I think the operative word regarding the number of Sasquatch prints there are to find is "potential."

Should there be lot of them? Well, as we like to say, that depends.

First, the population estimate is nothing more than a W.A.G., which we're taking for our starting point of the calculation. That could be +/- what? 50%? 75%?

It also assumes every Sasquatch's footfall will be into a medium which will take a print. How to estimate what percentage of that actually might happen? Right, another W.A.G.

Riddle me this too: If a Squatch walks where nobody else does, does it leave a print? In some backcountry river valley in B.C. there might have been a BF convention last night...but today it rained,so.....

Look here too...Bubba walked right over a great set of BF tracks just this morning on his way down to the river to fish. Thing is, he never looked down because he was daydreaming about that cute new clerk down at the Co-Op. On his drive home, he blew right over another pristine trackway where it crossed the dirt road. (He was texting his mom at the time, letting her know he was going to miss supper)

Frankly, I think even with a signifcant population of BF, we're lucky we find a many as we do. And we find many.

Look here too...Bubba walked right over a great set of BF tracks just this morning on his way down to the river to fish. Thing is, he never looked down because he was daydreaming about that cute new clerk down at the Co-Op. On his drive home, he blew right over another pristine trackway where it crossed the dirt road. (He was texting his mom at the time, letting her know he was going to miss supper)

Frankly, I think even with a signifcant population of BF, we're lucky we find a many as we do. And we find many.

On at least one occasion, a researcher found a family playing in the snow right on top of a fresh trackway. Happens. Many 'finds' may be by people who don't even see them, and many by folks who don't even report when they did see them. So we could have tons more people running across trackways than actually report them, just like sightings.

It is unwise to jump to any conclusions based on WAGs, particularly since there's no confirmed animal on which to work yet.

I should add that with as many deer as there are in my area, I should have hoofprints on my face every time I walk in the house. I don't.

DISCLAIMER -- 'Bubba' can happen in any geographic location in the US and Canada. Even the ones that don't begin with AL. -- END DISCLAIMER

Edited by DWA

Yeah, we do Bubba quite well here in the Heart of Dixie. But the archetype knows no geographic boundaries,eh? A prediction too: The first verified BF kill will be by a guy with two first names, who shot it because it touched his truck.

Let me ask you one DWA. You hike more in densely populated black bear country than anyone I know. How many "no mistake about it" bear tracks have you seen in your time? And you are a guy who looks for them, and probably would notice them.

Me, I can't remember the last time I did, even after a couple of decades tramping in N.Ga. Two, possibly? That might even be an exaggeration. I've spotted a lot more of the actual animals, that's for sure.

Let me ask you one DWA. You hike more in densely populated black bear country than anyone I know. How many "no mistake about it" bear tracks have you seen in your time? And you are a guy who looks for them, and probably would notice them.

Me, I can't remember the last time I did, even after a couple of decades tramping in N.Ga. Two, possibly? That might even be an exaggeration. I've spotted a lot more of the actual animals, that's for sure.

OK. Bear tracks. Let's see.

In the snow: three or four occurrences (two of them in the last two months of 2012, on consecutive hikes). I'm gonna say, four that I can think of. So that is: two in the last two months...and two outside of that, in 32 years.

One of those instances crossed my trail. Missed it on the way up. If I hadn't gone back down the same way later, I don't see those. Indications were they had been there when I passed the first time. (Many tracks doesn't mean that anywhere near many people see them. I might bet I'm the only sapiens who saw these.)

Outside of those, i.e., not in snow: probably not three or four, total. That's instances. And honest, I can think of only two instances in which I have seen a bear track that was not on snow.

On the Thorofare Trail in Yellowstone - one instance - and on the informal way to Bomber Lake in the Wind Rivers - the other instance - you won't find more tire tracks on the DC Beltway. They were Forensic City. (On the former I had a huge brown head poke out of the bushes, feet away from me. My hands were around my six-month-old, to yank her from the kid carrier and put her under me, when the head resolved itself into a cinnamon blackie. Whew, I thought, just as the bear thought, Holy ^&^%, and disappeared. Had to toss that in.)

Bears seen? If you know anyone with more bear stories than me, he's a bear hunter. And his might not be as interesting as mine. Scads. And scads. Close (too close? Too many); far; in between; name it.

And those are all the tracks I've seen, up there.

If you think tracks of anything are All Over These Wilds...well, you don't get out much.

(Oh. Bigfoot tracks. Once.)

Yeah, we do Bubba quite well here in the Heart of Dixie. But the archetype knows no geographic boundaries,eh? A prediction too: The first verified BF kill will be by a guy with two first names, who shot it because it touched his truck.

An under-discussed Baiting Issue. Count on one thing: Sam Bob wants it advertised far and wide what happens to 'uns vile-ee-ated his Blazer. Who needs bacon? (OK, you with the 'smear bacon grease on trucks,' way ahead of me.)

Edited by DWA

Why spare you? :tease: Hehe what have you done to deserve being 'spared'? How come for you it's ok for the skeptic to moan about no evidence but it's not ok for the proponent to moan about the skeptic moaning about no evidence LOL??? :spiteful:

Who's moaning? . Come over and listen to my kids whine about chores...now that's moaning

Nobody forces the skeptic to come in here. They choose to of their own free will. There is a whole wide world out there and lots of other things they can be doing instead.......yet they choose to come into a bigfoot website.........to whine and complain. They fully deserve to have a little bit of ribbing now and then. They have thick hides don't they? :tommy:I can't speak for most, but I like it here. Just question the logic of it all. If you want to think that Uncle boris' fart is BF, well all the power to ya!

:thumbsu:

Edited by wickie

Guest Kerchak

^

LOL, I don't think that Uncle Boris' fart is BF.

You don't even see me engaging in the Ketchum threads as I think the whole thing is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. But you know what? I don't go there and moan about it. I just ignore it.

Edited by Kerchak

David Daegling has zero credibility. For example he makes outlandish truth twisting claims like:

""In the Patterson film, Bigfoot uses a complaint gait. But people can do it. Did you ever watch Marx Brothers movies?.....it's very easy to learn how to walk like this"

http://www.bigfooten...ws/daegling.htm

Yet the fact remains that NOBODY has ever successfully matched Patty's fluid walk, even without the hindrance of wearing a heavily padded suit with big fake feet while walking across an uneven sandbar with dips and ridges.

Daegling is a person who is known for not telling the truth and to make 'stuff' up.

Equating Patty's walk to the Marx brothers? Seriously? You want to place faith in a person who claims that? :lol:

Now this post was funny! Daegling has zero credibility, but the guy that filmed bigfoot in the middle of the day does. It gets hard to take the arguments seriously here. I guess that is OK too. /me goes back to observer/reading mode

Now this post was funny! Daegling has zero credibility, but the guy that filmed bigfoot in the middle of the day does. It gets hard to take the arguments seriously here. I guess that is OK too. /me goes back to observer/reading mode

Sasquatch have been seen at all times of day, by people who had no intention to film or see anything that day.

There's no evidence, in 45 years, that Patterson got anything other than what he says he did, or that his credibility should be questioned when it comes to this.

Daegling says numerous things one does not have to be a scientist to question, as Green deftly shows.

LWD....Really, I have round heels for opposing evidence. It really doesn't take a whole lot to make me just swoon, and on this subject I'd gladly put-out on the first date with a minimum of wooing. You won't even have to buy me dinner or give me cabfare home when you are done. Really, my expectations can't go any lower and are easily, easily met.

Now, show me the video or film of somebody replicating the hoax of the P/G film and I'll be just putty in your hands. Promise. I won't even call you in the morning to see how you feel the next day.

Edited by WSA