Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

An approximation is just that however....an approximation. Does not mean that it replicated it. Kind of semantics, but there are subtle differences.

Here's a flipper walk. How does this compare to what we see? (Is it even a viable comparison?)

NukaCola....not my point, really. Addressing the degree of knee flexion: Yes, you CAN do it, consciously. The greater point being WHY would anyone figure this is something they need to affect in a hoax? It makes no sense. We are working backwards from the footage, but we have to place ourselves back in the mind of the purported hoaxer, if that is your position. I'll also point out the actor in this clip, immediately after he dons the suit with giganto-normous feet and tries them out for the first time, didn't have any instinct to lift them like Patty. He just shuffled them, lifting the toes. To Saskeptic point: That is what you do when you have big bulky objects on your feet like swim fins...you shuffle.

But, I guess they myth of the omnipotent hoaxer lives on. Man, that cat, whoever he is, sure does have his chops down.

An approximation is just that however....an approximation. Does not mean that it replicated it. Kind of semantics, but there are subtle differences.

I'm fairly certain that I and John Cleese are both human, however I don't think I'd be able to pull off more than an approximation of this:

I'm fairly certain we all have slightly different gaits and can only approximately duplicate each others -some more successfully than others.

@WSA

I'm pretty sure that having bigfoot shuffeling along in the flipper-feet wouldn't have made a good film clip; thus the actor lifted his feet.

Is this a joke? Please tell me you know this is bogus.

I have no idea if it's bogus......I have my doubts yes, but do I know? No.

The guy is a well known BS artist. If Matt Moneymaker thinks you're full of it, you got problems...

Edited by denialist

The guy is a well known BS artist. If Matt Moneymaker thinks you're full of it, you got problems...

Well MM has a dog in the fight......doesn't he?

Guest Primate

Not really MM thinks alot of people are full of it ..

Todd Standing is in the Squatch detective Hall of Shame. But even aside from that. I don't think his ewoks look convincing for a second, plus he wants to charge money for his premium stuff? Give me a break.

Guest BFSleuth

FWIW here's an article that discusses the difficulty of animals recognizing, avoiding, or destroying camera traps. Note that they have developed camera trap boxes that can withstand up to one hour of attack by an elephant. That's rather persistent aggressive behavior. Tigers and elephants are noted to recognize and avoid camera traps, and these are rather intelligent animals. Take the estimated intelligence of BF and plug this into the equation, and it supports the concept of camera trap avoidance or destruction by BF.

Todd Standing is in the Squatch detective Hall of Shame. But even aside from that. I don't think his ewoks look convincing for a second, plus he wants to charge money for his premium stuff? Give me a break.

I'm using Todd Standing as an example of someone who has gotten very clear footage of a Sasquatch SINCE the PGF. This is what the skeptics are asking for. No matter if you think they look like ewoks or not, it's Hi Def footage, it's not a bear or a stump and so there fore it is more ALLEGED footage of a Squatch.

So with that said? Have any of the skeptics asked to go out with Todd Standing to verify his alleged footage? Or the animal? No.

Instead they rely on other believers in the BF community in the vetting process to decide if Todd Standing is a fraud or is real..........that's not exactly scientific is it?

I realize that science and the skeptics require a body........but here again Todd Standing is adamantly anti kill and just like the Ketchum petition, Todd has petitioned his government for the protection of the species.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, because here again, I believe there is not a single piece of media that will ever be produced that will change the minds of the skeptics.

• Upvote 1

Todd was on Finding Bigfoot and was dismissed as unreliable. How sketchy do you have to be if those clowns rule you out? Also, read the stuff on him in the Hall of Shame. It's compelling, especially the part about the light reflected in his photos is indicative of indoor lighting, not outdoor as the photo claims. But ALL of that aside, when I look at the pictures they look laughably fake to me. I could take hi def footage of a raccoon and post it and that would be ok because A) it's hi def, and B) it's an alleged ( by me) sasquatch?

If you're so keen on Todd's stuff have you ponied up the dough for his really good material? Is it more compelling? Or do you not have enough faith in Todd to pay a few dollars for more of what you seem to think is worth consideration?

I'm not a scientist, are you? But I am a human being with eyes. So I can look at something and say that looks fake to me. TO ME. I don't need to go out in the woods with Todd or anyone else if I think their evidence is faked.

FWIW here's an article that discusses the difficulty of animals recognizing, avoiding, or destroying camera traps. Note that they have developed camera trap boxes that can withstand up to one hour of attack by an elephant. That's rather persistent aggressive behavior. Tigers and elephants are noted to recognize and avoid camera traps, and these are rather intelligent animals. Take the estimated intelligence of BF and plug this into the equation, and it supports the concept of camera trap avoidance or destruction by BF.

Grasping at straws my friend. Tigers and elephants still get snapped and so do primates.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, because here again, I believe there is not a single piece of media that will ever be produced that will change the minds of the skeptics.

I disagree. A clear video of a sasquatch eating (frontal and we can see the mouth moving), dumping or vocalizing would be impressive. I haven't seen the full Standing video but why doesit have to have weird lighting and dramatic music for the face shot. Is that just for the trailer?

Guest BFSleuth

You are correct. Elephants and tigers do get caught on camera traps. The interesting part I find in the article is that these animals are noted to amend their behavior because of the traps to the point of persistent aggression against them.

By the way, a remarkable movie about how a man spent months at a time in blinds in order to become the first to capture footage of Siberian Tigers in the wild is a "must watch" for anyone: Siberian Tiger Quest (55 minute documentary). It would be a good model to follow for anyone hoping to capture footage of BF or other elusive creatures. Be prepared to bag your human waste to reduce odor, be isolated in cold environs for months at a time, and have professional grade video equipment. This is a higher order of effort than simply setting out a few camera traps or walking about with a cell phone camera.

BFF Patron

Well it takes a certain breed to "trap" themselves and wrap themselves in antistink for weeks on end..... even for 3 hrs one night..... I can't imagine 3 days, weeks, months, etc.