Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

You are correct. Elephants and tigers do get caught on camera traps. The interesting part I find in the article is that these animals are noted to amend their behavior because of the traps to the point of persistent aggression against them.

But that was after they saw the flashes.

Guest BFSleuth

Yes, it seems apparent the flashes are what set off the behavior. Even IR flashes can be visible to animals, so it begs the question of how effective camera traps are in the overall effort to capture images of a highly intelligent creature. It would seem likely that other animals can trip the cameras with such a creature in the vicinity to witness the event and be attracted to investigate while on high alert. Imagine visible light flashes in the middle of the woods if you are out at night, that would be something that would put you on alert, especially if you are motivated to be cautious of them.

BFF Patron

Technically there probably has to be an ultrasonic or olfactory cue not a visible light cue that these animals are picking up on.

Sure you see a red light at some IR wavelengths (not with no glow cams though)..... but by that time..... if you are in range your picture is taken (or a blurred blobsquatch or piece of a picture of one is taken rather, lol. ). There was a theory floating around that you might be able to "feel" the heat from passive IR sensors at some distance, but there is nothing visible to the sensors unless the animal is a pit viper seeing battery heat or some such electronic warmup of wiring during the triggering phase.

I'm using Todd Standing as an example of someone who has gotten very clear footage of a Sasquatch SINCE the PGF.

What are you talking about? He may have gotten very clear footage of WHAT HE SAYS is a sasquatch, but he did not get footage of an ACTUAL sasquatch. Come on norseman...

Guest Jack Wild

I find the suggestion of Bigfoot's ability to somehow sense, or otherwise detect trail cameras problematic. So many Bigfoot sightings occur around campsites, farms, and rural homes. Why is Bigfoot so unbelievably cautious near trail cam locations, but will walk up to windows and parked vehicles? Now granted, the Bigfoot I'm sure would very cautiously approach a home for example, but why don't the numerous electronics spread out in the average living room seem threatening. Bigfoot can perceive the potential dangers of being outed by an electronic box fastened to a tree, but the soft glow of a VCR or DVD indicator light poses no threat. How does Bigfoot know yard lights or the garage door key pad mounted outside is not a threat. Sasquatch climbs on porches and peers through windows because, according to many he is curious. In one case I seem to remember a witness stating that one seemed to be looking in at her lighted aquarium. Yet we can't get a few curious ones who happen to get too close to those interesting little boxes? Lets start putting our trail cams in our living rooms. The waterproof ones can be put in a fish bowl.

Guest Jack Wild

Spurfoot, I'm up with smart, cautious, and observant. I still need help with the subtle nuances that allow them to distinguish between mundane human gadgets and those that can be analyzed at a later time for photo evidence. If these trail cams were spitting out Polaroids I could get my head around it. How do they know lanterns hanging at a campsite can't take a photo? Maybe there's a business in making trail cams look like basic camping supplies. I'm not trying to be glib. Of all the issues regarding Bigfoot's existence, this issue gives me the most pause. I can't square witness accounts of curious squatches in a backyard with these creatures being so discerning near a hunting stand where a trail cam may be placed. I need more than they're smart. There have to be some that are not as careful.... a young one perhaps that wonders too close to a trail cam and provides the world with a really clear photo. The law of averages would seem to suggest this day should be sooner rather than later.

Of course he may be "wandering" young squatch full of wonder :)

I find the suggestion of Bigfoot's ability to somehow sense, or otherwise detect trail cameras problematic. So many Bigfoot sightings occur around campsites, farms, and rural homes. Why is Bigfoot so unbelievably cautious near trail cam locations, but will walk up to windows and parked vehicles? Now granted, the Bigfoot I'm sure would very cautiously approach a home for example, but why don't the numerous electronics spread out in the average living room seem threatening. Bigfoot can perceive the potential dangers of being outed by an electronic box fastened to a tree, but the soft glow of a VCR or DVD indicator light poses no threat. How does Bigfoot know yard lights or the garage door key pad mounted outside is not a threat. Sasquatch climbs on porches and peers through windows because, according to many he is curious. In one case I seem to remember a witness stating that one seemed to be looking in at her lighted aquarium. Yet we can't get a few curious ones who happen to get too close to those interesting little boxes? Lets start putting our trail cams in our living rooms. The waterproof ones can be put in a fish bowl.

i think it's a numbers game at this point. at best, we are talking 10,000 trail cams in operation versus tens of million rural homes, with a ridiculously small % that have had a bigfoot visit. the odds aren't great.

Edited by Egump

Spurfoot, I'm up with smart, cautious, and observant. I still need help with the subtle nuances that allow them to distinguish between mundane human gadgets and those that can be analyzed at a later time for photo evidence. If these trail cams were spitting out Polaroids I could get my head around it. How do they know lanterns hanging at a campsite can't take a photo? Maybe there's a business in making trail cams look like basic camping supplies. I'm not trying to be glib. Of all the issues regarding Bigfoot's existence, this issue gives me the most pause. I can't square witness accounts of curious squatches in a backyard with these creatures being so discerning near a hunting stand where a trail cam may be placed. I need more than they're smart. There have to be some that are not as careful.... a young one perhaps that wonders too close to a trail cam and provides the world with a really clear photo. The law of averages would seem to suggest this day should be sooner rather than later.

Of course he may be "wandering" young squatch full of wonder :)

Your argument will ultimately fall on deaf ears. Been there done that. I hope you realize that for those who *believe*, there is no argument or rationale that will trump their solid unyielding faith..yes faith..that BF exists. Do not>>>I repeat>>DO NOT>>>attempt to use simple logic (as you have in this instance)....it's to no avail. Cheers.

Jack, they are smart. They have learned from experience and by watching TV through windows what things are.

So BF's learned to avoid electronic devices by peeking into windows and watching a really large electronic device.

Guest BFSleuth

Technically there probably has to be an ultrasonic or olfactory cue not a visible light cue that these animals are picking up on.

While I don't discount the auditory cues that cameras may emit, we should remember that IR light is visible for many animal species. The fact that humans can't see it without technological aids doesn't mean that animals don't. If BF is capable of navigating deep woods on moonless nights I think this is a clue regarding their visual capabilities. Many animals are drawn to camera traps with IR flash, often caught on camera as they come to investigate. Whether they are drawn to camera noises or to the IR flash itself is unknown. The article I cited above notes that camera traps are frequently destroyed by elephants in persistent attacks, this from a fairly intelligent animal. While I'm not making any claims regarding extraordinary abilities of BF, it would seem logical that a creature with possible higher intelligence than an elephant that is capable of visual or auditory perception of camera traps might be able to locate and avoid camera traps. However, it would also be logical to assume that on rare occasions they would be photographed when they enter the frame without detecting the camera trap.

What are you talking about? He may have gotten very clear footage of WHAT HE SAYS is a sasquatch, but he did not get footage of an ACTUAL sasquatch. Come on norseman...

How do you know? And for the record I used the term "alleged".

It's not a stump or a bear........so it's either real or a hoax.

But your explanation as to why it is a hoax "because Matt Moneymaker says it is" is weak sauce..............

BFF Patron

While I don't discount the auditory cues that cameras may emit, we should remember that IR light is visible for many animal species. ......... However, it would also be logical to assume that on rare occasions they would be photographed when they enter the frame without detecting the camera trap.

http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-4-431-99495-4/page/1

Any of you zoologist types have access to this expensive book? I've been frustrated in finding the old FWS documents on camera trap experiments in acoustic and olfactory confounds.

BFF Patron

https://irma.nps.gov/App/Reference/Profile/2180766

This document states there were 13 species extant on the AT that were not captured by game cam monitoring due to shy and elusive characteristics (well 14 including BF, lol).

https://irma.nps.gov...Profile/2180766

This document states there were 13 species extant on the AT that were not captured by game cam monitoring due to shy and elusive characteristics (well 14 including BF, lol).

This was for SMALL MAMMALS...I would be very surprised if they caught ALL of them in this 2 year period. As far as BF goes, it a purported VERY LARGE mammal..and the range and time trail cams have been operative to catch a BF are FAR GREATER than this study. One would have expected at least ONE clear image over the last TWENTY YEARS in some area of NA.