Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

Proof?

You just can't make blanket statements like they are fact without presenting very specific proof of same.

Author Peter Matthiessen interviewed hundreds of Native Americans for decades doing research for his books long before there was a "Bigfoot culture" and all of them described the same creature or being.

This quote nails it.

"They exist in another dimension from us, but can appear in this dimension whenever they have a reason to. See, it's like there are many levels, many dimensions. When your time in this one is finished, we move on to the next, but the Big Man can go between. The Big Man comes from God. He's our big brother, kind of looks out for us. Two years ago, we were going downhill, really self-destructive. We needed a sign to put us back on track, and that's why the Big Man appeared".

- Ray Owen, son of a Dakota spiritual leader from Prairie Island Reservation in Minnesota, to a reporter from the Red Wing Republican Eagle:

I for one suck with quantum physics........

Yes, I'm told that there are multiple dimensions............and that with the proper technology it is possible to jump between them.

For me it's a dead issue........I don't have the capability to jump from dimension to dimension and neither does a bipedal ape living in the forest without fire or tool manufacture.

This quote nails it.

"They exist in another dimension from us, but can appear in this dimension whenever they have a reason to. See, it's like there are many levels, many dimensions. When your time in this one is finished, we move on to the next, but the Big Man can go between. The Big Man comes from God. He's our big brother, kind of looks out for us. Two years ago, we were going downhill, really self-destructive. We needed a sign to put us back on track, and that's why the Big Man appeared".

- Ray Owen, son of a Dakota spiritual leader from Prairie Island Reservation in Minnesota, to a reporter from the Red Wing Republican Eagle:

Nope, it kills it.

Guest Crowlogic

I've little doubt that the argument will rage on. But the fact remains that Bigfoot and it's relatives worldwide have remained 100% beyond the grasp of capture and proof of existence. This is worldwide! No Yeti, no Bigfoot, no Skunk Ape, no Yowie! So when does the paradigm of its existence finally break down? When does this overwhelming lack of proof guide the direction of the issue to the most logical conclusion that these are mythical creatures. Perhaps a relic of the distant past that may have co habitated the same landscapes as humans. If they did there can be little doubt that humans wiped them out. Humans were bringing down bison and Mammoths on a daily basis. A few relic populations of dimmer primates would have offered at best a mild resistance. Even Neanderthal who was almost as bright as us, had fire tools and a physical advantage was driven out of existence by homo sapiens sapiens. If Bigfoot was real we'd have found him by now.

^^^^Quite the pile of assumptions you have there.

Of course if you spent some time reading up on this it would become pretty obvious to you that thousands of people seeing something, and the scientific mainstream confirming it, are about as closely related as Jello and Germany.

It's pretty obvious why we don't have confirmation yet. And it may just be that in the age of instant worldwide communication, the traditional stodginess of the scientific mainstream may make them the last ones in the world who will know - or at least acknowledge publicly - sasquatch.

You don't need to be a lunatic to think you saw Bigfoot.

You really should read this article. This study was only with people that wouldn't be considered mentally ill. I can only imagine what some of the people who are probably clinical are experiencing with regard to paranormal sightings.

http://www.csicop.or...he_unexplained/

Some key points

We found this result exciting because, for the first time, we had proof of the involvement of specific psychological processes in paranormal beliefs. Very specific hu*man psychological characteristics can be used to predict belief not only in supernatural prospects generally, but also in specific kinds of paranormal “beings.â€

Quote:

A person need not, in any technically accurate sense, be mentally ill to “see†a paranormal “being.†This is a crucial caveat. Our respondents were not in any sense “crazy†or mentally ill. All three of the conditions addressed are those that many people in the normal population experience at subclinical levels. These were normal people, yet their proclivities in these regards made them particularly susceptible to beliefs and perceptions of a paranormal or supernatural type.

Quote:

We hope these findings will help lead intelligent, educated individuals to pursue the genuine mysteries of neuroscience, zoology, and astronomy to the exclusion of the useless pursuit of the phantoms that reside in the interstitial spaces of our infinitely inventive minds.

If we were talking about a paranormal topic, I might not recommend that you re-post where it would be more appropriate.

Yeah, don't read the studies, I didn't expect any effort on your part to try and explain the phenomenon.

Says someone whose comments show no familiarity with the relevant information.

It's no more crazy as a thesis than "There's a giant hairy ape running around the backyards of North America, and I know it to be true because I read it on the Internet." Yeah, that's not crazy either.

When you finally acquaint yourself with the right stuff, and not the pseudoscience, we could have an interesting discussion.

It's pretty obvious why we don't have confirmation yet.

Yep, because bigfooters have failed to bring in a specimen.

the traditional stodginess of the scientific mainstream may make them the last ones in the world who will know - or at least acknowledge publicly - sasquatch

Or the fact that they would rather wait until a body turns up before "knowing".

When you make a Bigfoot report, you don't people to think you are wasting their time, the report gets embellished.

Instead of "I heard something crunching through the leaves", You say "I heard something BIG crunching through the leaves, and it broke a stick"

When an investigator comes out to visit the site, instead of saying "it broke a stick", you say "It broke a stick about this big, I know because I came out here the next day and broke some until it sounded the same", you don't want them to think you are wasting their time. It is human nature.

When the investigator asks: "Do you remember any sort of smell?", you might say "Yeah, now that you mention it, I think I did" It is not really lying, you convince yourself you did smell something funny, and just forgot about it. You think those people that have the Ghost Hunters out to their house aren't embellishing a little bit so they get on the TV?, same with the Finding Bigfoot crew, they go to those town halls and those people ALL know that they have to nail their story to get on the TV.

And everybody does this talking about everything they ever talk about, and the whole human race either starves to death or kills each other inside of a couple of months because no one can trust anything anyone ever says, ever ever. Yupper that's how it worked. Glad we got them out of the way. Come on, guys, just read up. Whole lot more fun, makes you smarter too. WSA humored you and read an article I could tell glancing at it has nothing to do with this topic. Now, your turn.

Dmaker....

Hey, here's another possible explanation: He knows about BF because his neighbors, fellow deer hunters, church members and some esteemed members of the local Ruritan's have been consistently reporting and sharing information about them in the area for decades. Yeah, I know, beggars the imagination, doesn' it? Silly rubes. :-)

Bigfoot is the only thing that if lots of people talk about it they're all lying no matter what they say about anything else. You know that, WSA. Come on.

^^ WSA, Well shared myths are by their very nature, shared are they not?

...and nothing else is ever shared, including facts and chocolate. Says so right here.

Yep, because bigfooters have failed to bring in a specimen.

Not their job. We delegate that job to mainstream zoology.

Or the fact that they would rather wait until a body turns up before "knowing".

When a body shows up for them to harvest, they won't be able to do anything about it. Sitting on your hands for 60 years causes them to atrophy.

@DWA, Sigh..who said anything about lying? Have you read any of the past, say 20 posts even? You sound like you're either blowing smoke, or haven't read up yet today. No one said anything about lying. That was the whole point of the recent theme.

We delegate specimen retrieval to mainstream zoology do we? Except that has been pointed out to you several times that that is simply not true. Remember the mountain gorilla and Beringe?

Not their job. We delegate that job to mainstream zoology.

Nope, its the job of the people that believe in and what to provide bigfoot's existance.

When a body shows up for them to harvest, they won't be able to do anything about it. Sitting on your hands for 60 years causes them to atrophy.

Does that apply to your heroes Meldrum and Bindernagel?

We delegate specimen retrieval to mainstream zoology do we? Except that has been pointed out to you several times that that is simply not true. Remember the mountain gorilla and Beringe?

Don't you know? He was a scientist, DWA declared him so.

Nope, its the job of the people that believe in and what to provide bigfoot's existance.

Nope, I believe in and what science should do what it's paid to do. Lazy bums. It's also a handy out to leave specimen collecting to amateurs, and get upset about the results. You are, you know, basically saying "this is real, dangit, but those amachoors just can't bring one in!"

Does that apply to your heroes Meldrum and Bindernagel?

Nope. They are showing the rest of the community how to do science. Unfortunately, the latter tend to be slow learners. Been that way since the dawn of science.

Don't you know? He was a scientist, DWA declared him so.

Somebody's learning something here! Keep at it.

Nope, I believe in and what science should do what it's paid to do. Lazy bums.

They are doing what they are payed to do, its just that the scientists who believe in bigfoot are being "lazy bums".

It's also a handy out to leave specimen collecting to amateurs, and get upset about the results.

Too bad amatuers have collected specimens.

Nope. They are showing the rest of the community how to do science. Unfortunately, the latter tend to be slow learners. Been that way since the dawn of science.

And they still haven't bagged the monkey.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

Why do you think that it must take scientists to find an actual Bigfoot? "Amachoors" bag big game all the time. Why is Bigfoot different? Why can't hunters bring one out of the woods? Scientists are not the only ones capable of capturing large animals. And if you think that is true, there is probably a very, very long line of hunters that would disagree with you. If anything, you might even argue that seasoned woodsmen would be in a better position ( skills wise) of bagging one. They probably know how to get around the woods better than an academic. Are probably more experienced with baiting, tracking, etc. Surely some of those skills must account for something? And it's not like any academic is an expert in Bigfoot behaviour, since anything in that regard is pure speculation right now.

There's really no need to find the monkey. DWA knows,he's read the anonymous sightings reports. His friend Toejam knows they're real as does his friend the lawyer. Best to just agree with the believers and wait for Dyer to bring the body forward for science.

There's really no need to find the monkey. DWA knows,he's read the anonymous sightings reports. His friend Toejam knows they're real as does his friend the lawyer. Best to just agree with the believers and wait for Dyer to bring the body forward for science.

Or do some reading, and become more interesting for us to have conversations with. I dunno.