Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

^^^No, actually, you do, which is one of the salient points my buds and I have been making. If you are expecting proof by now that education is incomplete.

You should also wonder about the implications of living in a country where that map is true and the animal isn't. THAT many crazy people? I'd move.

If you are expecting proof by now that education is incomplete.

Proof of a large animal widely distributed across a continent? Yeah I should expect proof of that by now.

How about Ohio? Toejam got activity everytime he went squatching here. Combine that with your knowledge of sighting reports and it should be a sure thing, no? Unless for some reason we can't trust your friends or anonymous sightings as fact?

No offense, but Toejam got activity every time he stepped out his front door if you believe him.

I've never followed this line of reasoning. Hunters are pretty discerning with the animal tag they have in their pocket.

And for the Squatch "hunters" out there? Well they ain't really hunting..........trust me.

This stuff seems to be tough for people who don't get outside much.

Were hunters what most of the population seems to think they are, not only would deer be extinct, we'd be next. And to say they're all over the woods is to profess one's lack of relevant information regarding the American outdoors. If you are airdropped into great deer habitat, selected at random, at dawn on the first day of deer season, it's likely you won't hear a gunshot that day much less see a hunter.

Rough guess, 95% of what bigfoot hunters do these days is done either in an armchair or at a computer. Given that almost none of them walk around with guns, true outdoorspeople who have thought about this could give you a decent idea why we don't have a specimen yet.

So you believe in a dimesion hoping bigfoot?

Wow, what a brillant analogy.

I don't "believe" it, I know it.

Due to your constant false assumption that you are allowed to make a negative claim without providing proof of your negative claim, it's a perfect analogy.

Pseudo-skeptics like you believe that you cannot prove a negative and therefore the burden of proof lands solely on the positive claimant.

But the fact is that you can prove a negative. Or at the very least you can attempt to prove a negative.

^^^^How about you actually prove it instead of wallowing in your smug "knower" status.

How about you actually prove that I'm wrong and you're right instead of hiding behind the false premise of your folk logic that you can't prove a negative, so the burden of proof is soley on me.

How about you actually prove that I'm wrong and you're right instead of hiding behind the false premise of your folk logic that you can't prove a negative, so the burden of proof is soley on me.

You'd make a great prosecutor. "Prove that the defendant is innocent"

^^ @WSA, Not sure what your story was supposed to invoke in me, but it didn't work. I'm not impressed with stories of elusive cougars. I live in Ontario. we were not supposed to have them for the longest time too. I grew up with stories of them too, just a few miles outside my home town, out on the Six Nations Reserve. I didn't dismiss the stories. They were exciting, and more importantly dealt with a real animal, so it's no where near the stretch of imagination that a Bigfoot is. I could go to a zoo and see a real, live cougar after all. Well guess what? They have now confirmed cougars in South Western Ontario with an actual cougar body. Go figure. It was shot and killed in Muskoka after it mauled a dog. Now where's that Bigfoot body again?...oh yeah, Rick Dyer has it :)

I think you need to understand the context.....saying there was a cougar roaming wild in the Blue Ridge in those years was tantamount to saying there was a bandersnatch on the loose. It was as easily dismissed as impossible as some now dismiss BF. And no, you could not go to the zoo then, or now, and see an E. Puma. Going back about a decade from then, the implausability of a coyote being seen in Central Va. was equally remote....although stockgrowers had been consistently reporting it. My point being, sometimes it pays to take people at their word, especially when you risk nothing by doing so. And really, what do you risk by taking BFRO reporters at their word? I don't know about you, but I risk nothing by doing that. You?

Proof of a large animal widely distributed across a continent? Yeah I should expect proof of that by now.

Well then. Given the number of purely crazy people implied by that range map, maybe it's time to call the movers. Iceland is pretty cool, and no one seems to be reporting apes there.

I think you need to understand the context.....saying there was a cougar roaming wild in the Blue Ridge in those years was tantamount to saying there was a bandersnatch on the loose. It was as easily dismissed as impossible as some now dismiss BF. And no, you could not go to the zoo then, or now, and see an E. Puma. Going back about a decade from then, the implausability of a coyote being seen in Central Va. was equally remote....although stockgrowers had been consistently reporting it. My point being, sometimes it pays to take people at their word, especially when you risk nothing by doing so. And really, what do you risk by taking BFRO reporters at their word? I don't know about you, but I risk nothing by doing that. You?

I think you misunderstood the whole cougar thing.

In Michigan and Virginia the claim was that there were no populations of cougars. I don't think anyone ever said "There is no possibility of a lone cougar, whether it be released, or a male wandering from somewhere" I don't think that was said.

If someone says 'I saw a cougar the other day' at least you know that cougars do live in the country, and sometimes wander vast distances.

Well this is where I'm in not-getting-it territory.

The sheer activity and persistence of the anti-bigfoot crowd is impressively odd. Makes one think that, were the animal confirmed, they'd converge on the area with heavy ordnance to un-confirm it posthaste. They'll tell you they want to know; but their attitude is one of protecting scientists from ever dispelling their ignorance. There's a great way to find out, relatively fast, one way or the other: tell science's heavy guns to sail into these waters and shut the proponents up! Why the heck would one not want that? Do you know I have never gotten a straight answer to that question? Never?

Oh, sorry, WSA. You know that. Heck, you just asked it again, and look at the response....[crickets] Downright odd, I tell you.

Here it is, 60 years now - really far more than that; an editorial in the New York Times in 1871 wondered when we'd ever prove bigfoot - and we have a topic header, on the Bigfoot Forums, now, not the Bigfoot Denier Forums, saying there is no evidence! Nothing in the history of science that has this much evidence has remained unproven...but for this. So, um, OK there. That doesn't strike them as in the slightest odd? Nor does that range map that postulates a dangerously high number of dangerously crazy Americans?

If you think sane people would report this and be wrong, it's a clear marker that you don't read reports. if you filed one of those reports; you weren't flat lying; and you're wrong, you are hospitalizable. Everyday presumptions of sanity that we all make all the time are, in fact, the strongest argument for the veracity of bigfoot reports.

But oh no, we can't let science worry about this, they're too busy. Um, doing what? How busy can one be? The peeny little stuff scientists find all the time in the field indicates, not that busy. It's easy to miss big things when you are looking down at those little things.

Or, you know, when your job requires you to miss them.

I think you misunderstood the whole cougar thing. [snipsnip]

If someone says 'I saw a cougar the other day' at least you know that cougars do live in the country, and sometimes wander vast distances.

Uh huh.

And within our adult lifetimes - shoot, just in the past few years - they said the same things to that claim that you guys are saying to bigfoot. Couldn't occur to you at all that you're wrong, couldn't at all.

Oh, he got it. On the nose he did.

Edited by DWA

Drew...trust me, I do. I'm trying not to drag this too far off topic by my example, but the locals were not entertaining the idea of single "escaped and de-clawed" lion, but a breeding population of native, surviving E. Puma. More and more, this local knowledge gained traction with certain F&G employees, but at the time it was cwazy talk.

Again, my larger point: What did I, or anyone, risk by choosing to believe that? Conversely, what did I gain? What entitled me to substitute my judgment for those who were there to see it? Why would I be so exceptional? Why would you be? I think those blunt questions deserve attention from anyone discounting BF reports with a wave of the hand.

My favorite is the couple who found tracks; called the local Forest Service office, got laughed at....then got called back a few minutes later by a staffer, talking very quietly, who with a couple of colleagues was compiling a database of reports.

Some dangerously crazy people out there. Everywhere you look. I'd advise moving someplace they don't report apes.