Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

Guest Cervelo

Norse,

One of the reasons I'm a bit skeptical....

Many sightings but no....well nothing, fossil record, body, ect ect nothing to indicate that any such thing every existed much less survived unproven of all places in the US into the present day.

I'm at the point now that I have my own criteria for reports pre Finding Bigfoot and post Finding Bigfoot....but I'm still looking :)

Saskeptic is on to something when he says sasquatch is on borrowed time. Here are the classification credits and dates for the other large NA animals since the Linnean classification system was etablished.

White-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus), Zimmermann, 1780.

Mule deer (Odocoileus hemionus) Rafinesque, 1817.

American bison (Bison bison) Linnaeus, 1758.

Muskox (Ovibos moschatus) Zimmermann, 1780

Bighorn sheep (Ovis canadensis) Shaw, 1804.

Pronghorn (Antilocapra americana) Ord, 1815.

Mountain goat (Oreamnos americanus) Blainville, 1816.

Dall's sheep (Ovis dalli) Nelson, 1884

Bobcat (Lynx rufus) Schreber, 1777

Canada lynx (Lynx canadensis) Kerr, 1792

Cougar (Puma concolor), Linnaeus, 1771

American black bear (Ursus americanus) Pallas, 1780

Edited by Jerrymanderer

Guest Cervelo

All discovered during a time when an agrarian population was expanding rapidly.

This expansion into new areas would and did bring people, (heavily dependent on natural resources) into contact and conflict with numerous new to them creatures.

Except one, if there was ever a time when you would think a body would have been harvested it would have been that time period.

Guest thermalman

And none of them are large North American mammals.

Point being.........new discoveries are happening STILL......to this day. Same goes for astronomy, new discoveries all the time.

All discovered during a time when an agrarian population was expanding rapidly.

This expansion into new areas would and did bring people, (heavily dependent on natural resources) into contact and conflict with numerous new to them creatures.

Except one, if there was ever a time when you would think a body would have been harvested it would have been that time period.

Can't remember which show it was, but it was one of those Pseudo Science type programs. Meldrum explained that BF's dwell in environments of highly acidic soil creating conditions that inhibit fossil formation and even carcass preservation. If that was the case, you'd think all of North America would pretty much have to be covered by some seriously corrosive dirt.

Point being.........new discoveries are happening STILL......to this day. Same goes for astronomy, new discoveries all the time.

Still doesn't explain away my original post.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

Guest thermalman

Wasn't trying to. Just generalizing that new discoveries happen all the time, and that we shouldn't depend on fossil records as the end all, because any new species in the future, could include BF.

Norse,

One of the reasons I'm a bit skeptical....

Many sightings but no....well nothing, fossil record, body, ect ect nothing to indicate that any such thing every existed much less survived unproven of all places in the US into the present day.

I'm at the point now that I have my own criteria for reports pre Finding Bigfoot and post Finding Bigfoot....but I'm still looking :)

The lack of fossils doesn't bother me, because I'm a firm believer that we modern humans do not know about a good many species that are extinct, because they are not well represented in the fossil record.

A body in the present time is a much harder thing to dismiss. Yes we have plaster casts, film, photos, stories and hair and scat samples..........but no body.

We need a body. And we need people in the woods willing to go get a body if need be.......

There's probably several threads that I could post this to get an answer, this one seem the best/

Don't know if anyone can help this stupid old arse out, but I came across a site last night ....of which I can't find even though a history search....where the subject was the DNA peer review. The article had a statement as to why releasing information pertaining to the study would be a scientific blunder and would jeopardize the discovery.

Therefore can anyone think where I might had read it (I think it was on Cyptro)...or better yet. Give their version as to why it would be big blunder. I have a fellow that is somewhat a skeptic, but he has gone out of his way to be a gentlemen and a professional person who is willing to have an intelligent banner back and forth of the evidence. He's not even advocating the evidence via way of a body.

TIA

Guest Cervelo

Can't remember which show it was, but it was one of those Pseudo Science type programs. Meldrum explained that BF's dwell in environments of highly acidic soil creating conditions that inhibit fossil formation and even carcass preservation. If that was the case, you'd think all of North America would pretty much have to be covered by some seriously corrosive dirt.

No doubt about it... I've visited sites of cattle deaths over time and seen how quickly they disappear at least here on the east coast.

I was thinking more along the lines of, back then people where a little more inclined to shoot first ask questions later. Look what I shot Pa!!

In addition to being much closer to the land as well as the " new kid on the block" invading on others territory.

Wasn't trying to. Just generalizing that new discoveries happen all the time, and that we shouldn't depend on fossil records as the end all, because any new species in the future, could include BF.

But I wasn't talking about the fossil record in the post.