Operation Persistence

Prosecutor: Let's get this straight, you were out there trying to shoot a Bigfoot?

No sir, a Wood ape

Prosecutor: Did it ever occur to you that it could be a couple of kids out there trying to make a joke out of this?

Well, we warned them.

Prosectuor: ANSWER THE QUESTION

Well, we didn't think they would be that dumb

Prosecutor: you didn't think teenagers could do something dumb?

Well...

Prosecutor: Did anyone ever warn you that those 'Wood Apes' could be kids playing a joke on you?

Ummm...

Prosecutor: ANSWER THE QUESTION

Yes...

Guest Cervelo

Ya might want to contact a lawyer....unless the person is physically attacking you... kill someone while out hunting for Bigfoot... I've been guaranteed you will be prosecuted criminally for something and/or loose your butt in civil court as well. Remember civil liability has much more relaxed requirement for culpability.

You might avoid criminal prosecution if you say you are varmint hunting, and have the proper license....and of course hunting at night needs to be legal in your area.

I've already asked a lawyer this question and those where the answers I got....your results may vary!

Edited by Cervelo

Long-time readers of this (and the previous X threads) will already know we've done our legal homework.

Skeptic: There is no evidence of bigfoot. Show me evidence.

NAWAC: OK, let's go get a body.

Skeptic: No, no. You can't do that. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

As I said above, the scoftic's worst nightmare is definitive proof. They will erect any and all arguments to dissuade anyone from collecting it.

Here you go, Drew. I took a screen shot of that for you.

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-09%20at%209.53.34%20AM.PNG

You know, just to save you the time and effort.

Prosecutor: Did anyone ever warn you that those 'Wood Apes' could be kids playing a joke on you?

But Your Honor. We had already shot at them half a dozen times or so. And yet they still came!

As an aside, this whole "hoaxers playing a joke on you" line, I think, demonstrates a remarkable lack of critical thinking skills.

As an aside, this whole "hoaxers playing a joke on you" line, I think, demonstrates a remarkable lack of critical thinking skills.

No. We have ample evidence that people dress up like A Bigfoot, and do dumb things.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/08/montana-man-killled-during-bigfoot-hoax/

We have no substantial evidence that there are Giant hairy, super-fast, Wood Apes living in the once-decimated forests of Eastern Oklahoma.

We have evidence from your video link above (see still below), that some members your crew's firearm discipline is questionable.

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/6931/woodus.jpg

No we don't. We have evidence that our members are interested in self-preservation, as anyone in a similar situation would be (and any reasonable person can see).

So your critical thinking cap tells you the most likely explanation is we're being hoaxed by people (or are about to be) who aren't at all dissuaded by being fired upon. Fer serious.

I have to say, some here do provide quality entertainment, but when they offer up legal advice I'm really aghast.

Look, I'm not licensed to practice in OK, and this should not be relied on as legal advice, but just between us girls, those opinions offered by some as to the legal (both civil and criminal) ramifications of an accidental shooting under the hypothetical circumstances outlined are just (how do I put phrase this delicately?) flat-ass wrong.

I have to say, some here do provide quality entertainment, but when they offer up legal advice I'm really aghast.

Look, I'm not licensed to practice in OK, and this should not be relied on as legal advice, but just between us girls, those opinions offered by some as to the legal (both civil and criminal) ramifications of an accidental shooting under the hypothetical circumstances outlined are just (how do I put phrase this delicately?) flat-ass wrong.

You don't see that it is not an accidental shooting? They are out there with the task of shooting a Wood Ape. If I told a judge that I was out hunting a Minotaur in the woods of Michigan, and I saw a Minotaur behind some foliage, and I shot it, and it was a high school kid messing with me. I would be done. When a prosecutor has the mother of a High School kid crying in his office that these people knew there was a possibility of a hoax, and they shot her child down like an animal, and he was just out there having fun with his friends, you are going to see what happens.

Edited by Drew

I'm thinking one can either engage with this evidence, or not. Engagement requires taking a tacit position of either being a proponent of this study, and wanting to see it pursued, or advocating for its termination. For those whose every typewritten word is directed towards the dearth of evidence, to advocate for its termination is much more than passing strange.

For those whose every typewritten word is directed towards the dearth of evidence, to advocate for its termination is much more than passing strange.

Agree.

When a prosecutor has the mother of a High School kid crying in his office that these people knew there was a possibility of a hoax, and they shot her child down like an animal, and he was just out there having fun with his friends, you are going to see what happens.

You're still not processing that we've *already* been shooting at this poor dead jokester for the past two years. Or you're choosing to ignore that salient fact.

Edited by WV FOOTER
remove objectionable material

if people are legally engaged in hunting? and you chose to dress up like a game animal and on top of that commit criminal trespass? and you get shot?

ill take those odds in a court of law as a shooter.

if people are legally engaged in hunting? and you chose to dress up like a game animal and on top of that commit criminal trespass? and you get shot?

ill take those odds in a court of law as a shooter.

If you claim to be hunting Chupacabras, and people dogs start showing up with bullet wounds in them, you are going to get charged.

If you claim to be hunting Unicorns, and you kill a horse, you are going to be charged.

If you claim to be hunting Bigfoots in the woods of eastern oklahoma, and you shoot a kid, you are going to be charged.

However, if you are hunting deer, and shoot a person in a deer suit accidently, you are not going to be charged most likely.

Same with bear, moose, wild pigs, and any other existing animal.

Do you see the difference yet? Do you see what a prosecutor would think if you told him you were shooting Bigfoots or Wood Apes?

Psst.

You're still not processing that we've *already* been shooting at this poor dead jokester for the past two years. Or you're choosing to ignore that salient fact.

Edited by bipto

If you claim to be hunting Bigfoots in the woods of eastern oklahoma, and you shoot a kid, you are going to be charged.

You must not be from around there (Oklahoma)... I would take those chances with a jury in Oklahoma any day, if it would even get that far (which I doubt). Common sense is a bit more prevalent around here; and running around in a "bigfoot" suit in an area where people are known to be prone to shoot at them does not show any common sense, and most Oklahomans in these areas know that.

Additionally, all the precautions that Bipto's folks are taking, and the care they are showing in this effort, really shows that they are not going out there and willy-nilly pulling down on anything that moves or breathes. If (God forbid) that an unfortunate accident occurred, all this would be taken into account. These people are not trigger-happy fools. They know what they are doing.