Operation Persistence

BTW...Drew, this was all covered back in early to mid November in this thread. Go back to page 54 or so. You should know as you were spouting this same scare speech back then.

Yes, this is all well-trodden ground.

The question is really who is the witness.

I made this point in a different thread. A trained naturalist's observation is more valuable than a normal person's unless, of course, that naturalist is observing a wood ape. Then it's just as useless.

I might also point out that regardless of whatever you think about BF, if you ever have an encounter what you "think" will go out the window in a heartbeat.

The root of most animosity between "skeptics" and "believers" IMO.

Those from northern climates may not have a very good appreciation how the terrain, climate and flora limit just about everything anyone wants to do in that environment. I know I did not, coming here after years of walking in the Mid-Atlantic U.S. "Jungle" is really not too strong a term. It absolutely does not stretch the imagination to think of an extremely well adapted creature with furtive habits being hard to isolate in that forest.

Agree. Nothing in my outdoors experience (from Minnesota, California, Oregon, Idaho, or Washington) prepared me for what the Ouachitas are like. Extremely rugged, rocky, difficult to move in. Unless you're wearing a monkey suit, perhaps. I've seen those guys fly like the wind.

is there anything at all that a person can rightfully do on your eyes who is somehow involved with this mystery? or is your ultimate goal simply to discredit and destroy all of them?

Ooo! Ooo! I know!! Pick me!

...one possible way to avoid problems would be to wear GoPro cameras in a chest harness...

Some of us do, but as I've said here before, there are issues keeping them charged, swapping out batteries, etc.

Bipto, do any hiking trails intersect the property? If not, do hiking trails border the property?

We often shoot hikers, yes. Many shallow graves around and about area X.

^^^^^

them thar flea bitten granola eatin varmits are always gettin in our way over yonder!!! fixed em good tho! :)

I'm simply trying to determine access possibilities to the property.

Does a trail run next to the property? Is there a trailhead on one of forest roads in the area?

Drew....you've seen the presentation these folks have put together, right? You can see their level of attention to detail, right? Do you really, really think this detail might have escaped them somehow? Really? I put that question in the "don't dignify with an answer" category, as Bipto obviously does too. Get a new schtick.

can ya pass that thar roasted tree hugger plate back over to me? im so hungry i could eat the rear end outta ah skunk! boy they sure do have a tofu after taste to um dont they? well at least its healthy grub......:)

Does a trail run next to the property? Is there a trailhead on one of forest roads in the area?

Yes, as I've said, there are many hikers wandering through the property. We often kill them thinking they're wood apes. Imagine our chagrin when we flip them over only to find another dead hippy in a North Face jacket! We just toss 'em in the hole with the rest and sprinkle a little lye over the whole mess to keep the stink down.

OR

As I've said many times, we are out in the middle of nowhere, very rarely ever see anyone not associated with our group or a property owner, don't shoot at targets that aren't identified and safe and, because of that, have missed several shots (which helps explain why we've not yet achieved our objective).

Asked and answered, counsel. Asked and answered.

Edited by bipto

You really don't understand how isolated portions of these mountains are, do you?

I used to deer hunt in these mountains in the '80s, and you could walk in one direction for days without seeing a person or any indication that people even existed: no trails or trailheads, no roads, no power lines... Nothing. There was one, only one access road (if you could call it that) to the person's property that we hunted on, about a 20-25 mile drive to/from the nearest paved road. This road was driveable about half the year. (It was a really old Weyerhouser logging road.) He lived on 40 acres in the mountains (surrounded by other large acre properties, most not occupied), and we stayed at his cabin. No power, no running water (trucked it in in 55 gallon drums), no utilities of any sort. Very isolated. And this is the norm in that part of the world.

You could hide a small army of wood apes there and no one would even have a clue...

You really don't understand how isolated portions of these mountains are, do you?

No, he does not. He has no clue, actually, and doesn't seem to care. Based on what I've seen him say in the past, he thinks every point in North American is less than a mile from a McDonalds or Starbucks.

No, he does not. He has no clue, actually, and doesn't seem to care. Based on what I've seen him say in the past, he thinks every point in North American is less than a mile from a McDonalds or Starbucks.

One of those would have been very welcome back in the old hunting days...!

So you are saying that there are no maintained hiking trails that border the property at any point?

Is that your final answer?

I am curious about the shooting incidents, Bipto stated above that there were a half dozen.

I was pretty sure over the course of my lurking here I had read all on this topic, but I am only aware of two accounts.

The one where blood was found and two unknown visitors were frightened and fled and the one on the youtube link from the presentation.

Are the other accounts described in these forums or perhaps on the North American Wood Ape Conservancy web site?

I don't mind looking just want to make sure there is something to find.

Thanks, gp

The Echo Incident is one, the incident related in the conference video is another. I've not related the details from any others, as far as I remember, but there have been others.

Drew,

I think you would find Oklahoma very, very challenging. Come in the summer when scorpions, big snakes, tarantulas, fiddleback spiders, ticks galore, leeches, red bugs (otherwise known as chiggers) and a lot more that I have surely forgotten will make your trip an absolute blast!!!!!

Trees grow into the ground, that means there is no forrest floor like in the PNW. Vines don't break when you walk through them, they trap you so you have to back up and unwind the crap from your legs. Be sure to check your shoes for the nasty black widow spider, they love to hide in truck visors as well and drop in your lap. And it's just a joy swimming in the rivers with cottonmouths and water mocassins for company.

Yes, it's a wonderland and defintely a good reason why the hairy people hang out there. Have a nice trip.

BTW, I'm speaking from experience lol.

Bipto is not exaggerating when he describes the area and you should pay attention.

I find the ticks and chiggers to be the most challenging. They say there are mosquitos there, but coming from Minnesota, my tolerance threshold is pretty high. They've never bothered me. The ticks, though. Good lord. Also, I was there once in September and was veritably swimming in stickbugs. Big ones, little ones, brown ones, green ones. All kinds. They were everywhere. If they had a taste for human flesh, we'd have only been skeletons an hour after we entered the forest.

Don't forget the vines with nasty thorns on them. Those suck. Also, brown recluse spiders.