Operation Persistence

Guest Luckyfoot

No, we have nothing new to share.

Oh Hey,

should have qualified something on a previous post. I compared you (Bipto) to my sister as having saintly patience.

My sister is a psychiatric nurse with 2 special needs children. She also nursed my mother with dementia to the end of her days.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove inappropriate content
  • Upvote 2

There's not a prosecutor in this country that would bring a case against someone that shot and killed some kook that was dressed in a gorilla suit running around the deep woods.

Well of COURSE there are prosecutors who would do that. Do you live in realville? To kill another human being and then claim it's somehow justified because you 'believed' it was either an escaped gorilla or some other unknown primate would still put you in a position of wreckless or negligent homicide.

It's not that complicated.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, most prosecutors would take the case.

Would you actually be prosecuted? I think it depends on the State and the circumstances. If you were to encounter a large intimidating figure, wearing a mask which disguises his face, on your own property in the middle of the night....it would be hard for the prosecution to argue that the trespasser had noble intentions.

I have a question. Is the TBRC at area x during hunting season and if they are does the activity stay the same or decrease? Have any of the hunters that rent the cabins report any strange occurrences?

Irish et al., clearly some people just don't "get it."

Ok, in order to meaningfully contribute to the discussion rather than lurk I thought I would wing this out.

Years ago, I read a book by Barry Sadler titled "Phu Nam" which was a fictionalized, but presumably based on fact account of two snipers in Vietnam. If I recall correctly, in it he details how the American sniper would purge his system of a Western diet so as to not have a distinctive smell, then lie in wait for days if not weeks for that "one shot." The character had a hole dug in the ground which was then sufficiently camouflaged. He would not move from this hole the entire time, but would do everything, eat, defecate, everything in this small hole waiting for the perfect moment to take the shot.

So Brian, I would ask, have you all considered something like this scenario? Since you all have determined that these creatures don't count very well or keep track of when someone disappears, it would seem to me that a dedicated (and I'm talking 2-3 weeks solid living in a 3'x3'x6' hole in the ground dedicated) sniper would have no difficulty pulling this off. In fact, it might be worth considering stepping outside the organization to recruit someone like a recently discharged military sniper. What with so many servicemen recently back home, surely one shooter could be found that has the qualifications, expertise, and the guts to pull this off, or at least try.

Prepare a hole for him a month or so before the plan goes down; have him spend 2-3 weeks in advance eating a "natural" type diet in an attempt to flush the human diet smells from his system; get him in position with whatever necessary supplies are required, and then everyone else leave the site entirely. Go completely old school, no cameras, cell phones, night vision devices, just a man with a high powered rifle against nature and perhaps a radio that is turned off except to make contact to the outside when necessary. I couldn't help but think that some positive result could be had from this approach.

Anyway, just random thoughts to try and bring something fresh to the table.

Thinking outside the box. My opinion from the info Bipto and others have provided, is that once the WA's are alerted to activity such as preparing a sniper pit, that spot will be on their radar so to speak. Maybe Bipto can add some insight.

I have a question. Is the TBRC at area x during hunting season and if they are does the activity stay the same or decrease? Have any of the hunters that rent the cabins report any strange occurrences?

Family members have reported activity and had sightings for years. Not sure if we've ever taken a report from anyone else in that area.

Thinking outside the box. My opinion from the info Bipto and others have provided, is that once the WA's are alerted to activity such as preparing a sniper pit, that spot will be on their radar so to speak. Maybe Bipto can add some insight.

Hard to say. We've never tried anything like what Ike described. They're not infallible and they don't always know where we are, so it's possible.

Ok, thanks for answering. I thought you mentioned the owner rented the cabins to hunters during hunting season. Can you find out if any hunters have mentioned anything strange to the owner? Some of the things you have experienced may have been relayed to the owner from some of his clients.

Hey Bipto, I have a question for you, When did you kiss your first girlfriend ? I ask this because it was the only thing that wasn't asked in this thread.

Guest COGrizzly

I would just like to take a moment to thank bipto kbhunter and See. You all are displaying incredible patience.

Bipto, please keep sharing what you can. It is highly appreciated, by many.

Hey Bipto, I have a question for you, When did you kiss your first girlfriend ? I ask this because it was the only thing that wasn't asked in this thread.

I remember it well.