Operation Persistence

Hi Bipto.

Are any of the other family members willing to take a specimen if they happen upon one of these during hunting season?

And can you share with us any tactical/strategic changes that you will be employing once you are back out in the area for an extended period?

Are any of the other family members willing to take a specimen if they happen upon one of these during hunting season?

I don't speak for anyone in the family. I know they're not all of the same mind on the subject, but I wouldn't try to represent their opinions.

And can you share with us any tactical/strategic changes that you will be employing once you are back out in the area for an extended period?

We're still deciding that now. Also looking at new technology. Nothing is fixed yet. We have gotten close several times, but this isn't horseshoes. We need to find a way to shave just a few more percentage points in our favor.

Thx Bipto -

Another question. Is there any tactics/strategies that you found in your experiences that you highly discourage? Something that may have sounded like a good idea at the time or perhaps something that folks are doing that you think is a waste of time?

(Trying to right this ship here with some 'real' questions!)

The main legal issue that I see, is that the TBRC has been warned that if they shoot a Wood Ape, they are probably shooting at a person in a suit.

The paucity of evidence supporting the idea that Wood Apes live in Oklahoma, and the repeated pleading that they not shoot the ape, because it is probably a man in a suit, would give any prosecutor the cause to bring it before a Grand Jury.

Yeah, I don't think I would focus on killing one, until I had some blood, or something like that.

The "person in a suit" has been addressed several times . You choose to ignore what doesn't fit with your views . Reasonable is the legal standard . No reasonable person would think this is a guy in a suit .

If it would then it is full of people that are ignorant in the extreme about what getting shot at is like . Ignorant about alot of things that have to do with being in the field period .

Guest mdhunter
If it would then it is full of people that are ignorant in the extreme about what getting shot at is like . Ignorant about alot of things that have to do with being in the field period .

Yep. Ignorance is Bliss.

Mdhunter- Outside of folks that follow the BF phenom. misidentification is one reason hunting regulation should/ need to be specific in individual states. IMO an illistration of what a BF would look like as an insert to a hunting reg. manual and also a PSA produced by/for state park services could be very benifical for the general public just in case an inadvertant encounter might take place. I believe the sierra shooting incident was one of misidentification which could have been prevented if such things were included. Sooo IMO ignorance would not be bliss.

Not to get off subject but.....I have a lot of trouble believing the Sierra shooting story. I have chalked it up to the folklore and tall tales pile.

Guest poignant

Not to get off subject but.....I have a lot of trouble believing the Sierra shooting story. I have chalked it up to the folklore and tall tales pile.

There's an entire thread dedicated to that.