Operation Persistence

While you're at it, yes.

Bipto: do them woods feel 'squatchy'?

We would, but we're not trying to make anything (or anyone) suffer unduly.

Look here, science is about not counting costs. Blast some Smokey; sleep well away from the windows, and if one scores a key, pulls a Grendel and rips some heads off, they did not die in vain. I'm betting the multi-million lawsuits from the people subjected to that song would melt away like spring snow with news that The Big Man was in the scientific bag.

Edited by DWA

And lastly, without an idea of how the subjects will react or respond if one of their kind are slain I'd be very fearful for retribution by a large number of them. With an unknown quantity of subjects in the vicinity it may not be favorable for the investigators, despite feeling adequately armed. Most weapons capable of stopping, for example, a charging full grown grizzly with a bad attitude, are rarely quick to reload or maneuver in the bush. I hope that if a subject is taken down that there would be a full support team, heavily armed setting up a defensive perimeter. Even then things could get hairy.

Take that last sentence any way you want. :hunter:

I'm still working my way through the podcasts and just found out this subject was covered in one of them. I'm on the last podcast so I shouldn't make any more repetitive questions. Maybe.

Any other requests for Bipto? Get 'em while they're hot.

Are you shutting down the thread? It's been my lifeline to living vicariously through the adventures of the TBRC. It helped keep me sane while I've been incapacitated with a gimp leg. Noooooooooo!!!!

They're best use for us are as tactical devices to funnel activity in one direction or another.

How far apart do they need to be placed to create the funnel affect?

Actually, it wasn't. That is why I'm asking about it.

I honestly don't know if a report was filed and, if it was, what it contains since the only "story" present would have been from the party who left the scene and never saw or spoke to us. I assume whenever a law enforcement agency is involved with something like this there's a report, but to the best of my knowledge and recollection, nobody in the TBRC has ever seen one or been told there was one.

We have been absolutely truthful on this point and have presented the facts exactly as they occurred. You can read our account here. I don't see the point in unpacking the entire affair and won't be drawn into any more extended conversations about it.

...do them woods feel 'squatchy'?

Oh, to the hell, yes.

How far apart do they need to be placed to create the funnel affect?

No idea. It's a tactic we only experimented with last year. We don't have anything like enough information to be able to answer your question.

Edited by bipto

Actually, it wasn't. That is why I'm asking about it. If possible can you ask the members involved to clarify about that? Police reports are public record, and it could do a lot to verify your groups story. It could also do the opposite if the events were misrepresented. Which law enforcement agency got involved? According to your previous posts, the parties fleeing called the cops and there was a report made, and your group paid for repairs on the fleeing vehicle.

I think this is important to study a little closer. I'd like to see a copy of that report. They are public record.

Why do you care? This incident has absolutely nothing to do with the overall investigation, it is merely a distraction. I may have missed it somewhere, but I don't recall that anyone in the TBRC stated that they shot a fleeing vehicle, paid anyone for damages, or anything remotely like that. I do recall in the telling, that after one incident where shots had been fired, that a vehicle was soon seen beating a hasty retreat from the area.

Beyond that, if you are questioning the truthfulness of TBRC members, I seriously doubt they would admit to an unfortunate accident such as that (if those claims were made) unless it were the truth. While I have no facts to support my belief, growing up in a rural environment, I feel fairly confident stating that since automobiles were invented there have been a fair share of them accidentally shot by stray rounds or even purposefully. While it may shock and horrify many in today's litigious society where many are seeking to place blame or file lawsuits, accidents do happen despite all reasonable efforts to avoid them. Area X is not in a urbanized area where gunfire can automatically cause a police response, damages to property, or potential loss of life. The rules in rural areas are much different. In places like that, gunfire happens, a round goes stray and accidentally hits a somebodys truck a 1/2 mile away. Owner gets mad. Not much you can do if you didn't witness it and it wasn't deliberate. Police presence? On the other side of the county...if there is any at all. May not be ideal, but in many places in this big country of ours, that's the risk you run of being in a rural area. If you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, well...that's the chance you take. Life sucks sometimes.

So I'm back to...why do you care? Methinks you are 1) Trying to discredit TBRC; 2) Trying to root out where Area X is so you can try to be a jerk by exposing it, thus contaminating the area; 3) Trying to root out where Area X is so you can go snoop around yourself; 3) an ambulance chasing lawyer; 4) Trying to stir up s***. So which is it? Otherwise, this incident you mention is really not important at all.

• Upvote 3

... I don't recall that anyone in the TBRC stated that they shot a fleeing vehicle, paid anyone for damages ...

The original rumor was that the nephew's truck was shot (or shot at) but it wasn't. However, it was damaged as he drove out faster than he should have, so we paid to have that repaired.

Guest OntarioSquatch

If the police report hints the exact location, then I can certainly see why the TBRC won't cooperate with people who want to get the report.

Bipto thanks for answering to the best of your ability. If there are other members that I could contact from your group about those details who would it be? You can send me a PM if it's more appropriate.

Edited by LWD

↑This↑

Hats off to you sir, well spoken.

Thanks Irish and DWA. I just like to call 'em like I see 'em.

The original rumor was that the nephew's truck was shot (or shot at) but it wasn't. However, it was damaged as he drove out faster than he should have, so we paid to have that repaired.

And this is how nasty rumors start...Hmmm...not quite as sensational as "Trigger happy gun nut and TBRC member takes wild potshots at shadows and ends up shooting innocent victims truck. TBRC must be held accountable for endangering property, life and limb. News at 10."