Is It Really A Million Dollar Discovery?

Forget about the money for the body. I'm talking about the speaking tour money.

You could charge 20,000/speaking + travel

All over the world, for the rest of your life

Plus book rights, documentary productions

Cause that worked SOOOO well for Patterson and Gimlin.... :rolleyes:

Guest thermalman

Cause that worked SOOOO well for Patterson and Gimlin.... :rolleyes:

Times are definitely different nowadays. It seems people will pay for "ANYTHING", and good money at that.

Justin Smeja is in the red, so far, he says. Personally, I don't have the savvy to manage a thing like that to my advantage. Others might. If it happened to me, I might better walk away.

Justin Smeja is in the red, so far, he says. Personally, I don't have the savvy to manage a thing like that to my advantage. Others might. If it happened to me, I might better walk away.

Then come back here and tell us all about it.

Guest COGrizzly

Ace - Sounds good, my friend! Not sure when that will happen, but it will!

MikeG - No kidding? Guess I got my continents mixed up. The guy lives in Beaver Creek and is loaded.

What do Patterson and Gimlin have to do with a bigfoot body?

RayG

You people are maintaining that the possessor of "a body" would be "set for life".

The second biggest piece of evidence we have in this hunt is the PGF. It is STILL the only high-quality good view footage we have of a squatch. By your reasoning, someone possessing something this big should have had it made in the shade. Instead Patterson basically died broke and Gimlin isn't exactly rolling in it either that I can tell.

Since when does someone make as much money from presenting a film of a priceless coin as they can from presenting the actual coin?

Remember the Alien Autopsy film?

"In 1995, before being exposed as a hoax, the film was sold to television networks and broadcast in more than 32 countries." - Wikipedia

What do you think an authentic alien body would have sold for?

RayG

I think whatever significant financial gain that may be generated will unfortunately fall into the hands of few people. Kind of like most of the wealth in the country is controlled by the top few percent of the population. (or fewer percent, i don't have the numbers in front of me) I would think most of the $$ will fall to the media darlings of the Bigfoot world who can re-release some publications with little editing. Instead of "as some Bigfoot researchers believe..." to "as was proven scientifically....." and so on. I could be completely wrong though and the Big Networks and major cable networks as well as hollywood may cash in. When it comes to $$, people that had no interest in Bigfoot will come out of the wood work to exploit it.

Guest talithamouse

I can't help but think the gov. already has a Mr.big on ice. I would think there's already, in play, some fun little side law that grants them domain over a bigfoot body, should it surface.. and if they can get there grubby little hands on it. I'm not for shooting this creature for any reason. That being said if one were to fall dead on my door step I'm calling private collectors with cash on hand to come and pick it up.

Guest Darrell

IMO its not the government that wants the status to stay the way it is but the hard core proponents that have an abundance of belief. I dont think "they" want it proved either way.

Edited by Darrell
Edit for compliance

BFF members- just saying, a body ( and for the record I am not in the pro-kill camp, quite opposite) would be far more valuable than a mere mill to health research area. The resoration of mylan to cure multiple sclerosis which in fact has not been achieved do to the fact that the human(uh homo sapiens sapiens) is not strong enough, would/ could be the silver bullet if the mylan(the protien that protects the nerve cells) from a Sasquatch could be replicated; just a possibility. Not to mention the vast information for anthropology; priceless. Please folks the value of thr resourse (BTW probably a living specimen)

would be much more valuable than money alone; would be priceless.