My Personal End Date

Guest rascar capac

I love the bigfoot subject, and i love being outdoors.

But I live in Scotland, so its all just an internet thing.

I absolutely love my hills, and I'm in them almost every day.

If I see a deer, a grouse, a hare, or a falcon my heart sings.

You guys trek around in North America with the promise of seeing a Bigfoot!

Its like buying a lottery ticket for a pound.

You are buying the dream.

You guys have that dream every day you go outside.

I would never tire of that.

• Upvote 2

Maybe you need to go on an exbedition? Hook up with someone or a group. Imo, the big group out there that we all know and only some love will probably put you into the action, it did for us. Then you arent waiting for someone to make proof for you, you are doing it for yourself. It feels empowering. I tried it and it was so awesome. I struggle with health problems- who doesnt these days lol! But if I have a bad day and get down, I think about what I did and what we experienced, well it is something nobody can take away from me. If an out of shape housewife can do it, you can too :) Not lecturing, just a thought.

rascar capac,great post.

Im also from Scotland and in the begining i felt the same when i first came back to bigfoot and found the BFF,but after 6-7yrs of the same it does get a bit tiring.

Scott

• 1 month later...
Guest MrMudder

I've had 3 (maybe 4) experiences of what I think is a "sasquatch." One episode I'm 99.9% sure that it was a non-human biped -- It simply ran way too fast for to be human.

With that being said, even if 30 trillion sasquatch get tagged and put on the web for us to watch, I'll still be interested. It's like any wildlife with other people -- Some people are birdwatchers, some are fisherman, some are scuba divers. A lot of us just like to watch wildlife and get close to it. I've never seen a bald eagle outside of a zoo until this summer -- I was in total awe. I'm not a bird watcher so I wouldn't go out and try to find them, but I respect & understand the people that do. Not that hunting has anything to do with it, but I'm a small game hunter too -- I enjoy seeing all the critters that I'm after. I hope that not one bigfoot gets poached in the future, when laws are set in place -- I'm only stating that I'm a hunter and that most hunters enjoy seeing the wildlife in its own habitat also.

Anyways... I also love to camp. I like to set up a campsite for at least a couple days along the river and get away from people and maybe cook up some fish. I'll always like camping. I like a lot of outdoor stuff -- hiking, cycling, rafting, etc. And finally... if I was to ever see even 5 seconds of a clear view of a hairy biped that we call bigfoot, it'd be all worth it, even if there were 30 trillion tagged for us to view on the internet. Nope, I'll never lose interest -- It'd be a dream to habituate a population in an area (if they're docile).

Edited by MrMudder

I say stop now if you have to ask because I think you have your mind made up. If they find Bigfoot you will certainly hear about it and could always get back into it.

Not that I want you to leave, I come here to debate and would stay away if it was all pro Bigfoot.

You could take a ten year break and still come back to the same status-quo. There will still be no proof, the Ketchum report will be a footnote in Bigfootery, and the Patterson Gimlin Film will still be gazed upon as the holy grail...with the uber sketchy back-story long forgotten.

The population of North America will be 500 million, and there will be less and less back-country where a POPULATION of BFs could exist. There will be twice as many hunters out there on opening day, yet still, like year after year, when the millions of hunters invade the forests on opening weekend... miraculously, non will stumble upon an unsuspecting BF!

There will be as many people claiming something big and smelly took a dump beside their tent the night before, after it scared them into their tent by throwing a few rocks in their general directions, all because they went and made the mistake of knocking on a tree. Yet these people will still get no decent pictures and no clear footage, there will still be zero physical evidence, but people will still claim the proof is just around the corner. Folks will still be coming forward to claim there is a family of BF moving through their backyard of a regular basis, yet neither will any of these people get any proof.

I took a ten year back seat. Some of my old contacts are still looking, some even here on these forums. But when I came back and saw that nothing had changed, I woke-up to the fact that BF simply does not exist. There is no BF, just Bigfootery, which is almost as interesting.

I find camera work is plenty reason to still get into the back-country now, and if there is something out there after all, maybe it will wonder through one of my time-lapses.

Edited by summitwalker

Guest MrMudder

Might you all be looking in all the wrong places? And using too many cameras? And too much gear? With no episodes? It's something to decipher, for sure.

And don't move cross-country for bigfoot. Just like that song that goes, "... looking for love in all the wrong places." :)

Edited by MrMudder

You could take a ten year break and still come back to the same status-quo. There will still be no proof, the Ketchum report will be a footnote in Bigfootery, and the Patterson Gimlin Film will still be gazed upon as the holy grail...with the uber sketchy back-story long forgotten.

I took a ten year back seat. Some of my old contacts are still looking, some even here on these forums. But when I came back and saw that nothing had changed, I woke-up to the fact that BF simply does not exist. There is no BF, just Bigfootery, which is almost as interesting.

This is a sad observation on the state of BF research.

However, I am not sure about concluding that BF does not exist based on slow (or non-existent) progress.

I do believe that the odds of BF being real diminishes every year that there is no incremental material evidence.

But the resulting probability is still non-zero because of all the weak circumstantial evidence.

If BF is not real, then there would be other mysteries that would need explanation. For example:

1) Why are there (maybe hundreds) people who claim to be regularly habituating with BF? Are these folks examples of a new mental illness, visionary phenomena, shared imagination, new social disease, etc?

2) Why have so many people (thousands) claim to have Class A encounters with BF? Are all these folks (hunters/campers/hikers) incapable of distinguishing a bear, having visionary or imaginary experiences, hallucinating, having a new mental illness, etc?

3) Why have so many people in north america hoaxed all the BF videos, photos and tracks? Is this a social disease, a mental illness rampant in NA, a new religion, a social game, etc.?

If BF was not real, I would imagine that there would be plenty of material for psychologists, sociologists, cultural anthropologists, mythologists, and psychiatrists to explore the rich data.

We live in a very weird and fascinating world whether BF is real or not.

Edited by Explorer

SSR Team

The population of North America will be 500 million, and there will be less and less back-country where a POPULATION of BFs could exist. There will be twice as many hunters out there on opening day, yet still, like year after year, when the millions of hunters invade the forests on opening weekend... miraculously, non will stumble upon an unsuspecting BF!

It doesn't say much about the intelligence of North Americans then does it ?

This an Animal, it's not supernatural, it's just an Animal, and it's outwitting 400m people currently, publicly anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

"The happiest people spend much time in a state of flow - the state in which people are so involved in an activity that nothing else seems to matter; the experience itself is so enjoyable that people will do it even at great cost, for the sheer sake of doing it."

- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

But that happiness comes at great cost of time. My personal end date (1/1/2013) of involvement in all things BF draws ever nearer. And not even the promises now perulating about 2013 will sway me. I've been bitten by too many "Year of the Sasquacth" promises.

I fear I will be bidding farewell soon. But if Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi is right, there are a lot of happy people posting here. And I hope you continue to do so and be entertained.

With recent developments I have upped my end date to today. Don't get me wrong, I realize that few care if WTB1 is here or not. But just the same, it's been fun. Fare well all. I won't return unless BF is proven real.

Godspeed, WTB1!

I've stepped back several times in the past, once for about 3-4 months. These days the players and the media and the claims are different, but the essence of bigfootery has not changed since my interest began in the 1970s. Someone makes a claim about bigfoot and that person ultimately cannot prove their claim about bigfoot. Smeja's just the latest to have been naked behind the curtain, but we who've been around the block a bit have seen this same drama play out over and over again.

I promise you won't miss anything, WTB1. If someone ever discovers a bigfoot, you'll hear about it.

Re: Salubrious:

"no scientist or DNA lab is going to want to publically announce they have proof of BF even if they do and is solid as a rock- too much embarrassment."

I'm confused. Are you suggesting that if a lab had "solid as a rock" proof of bigfoot they wouldn't publish it because they'd be embarrassed? Can you please elaborate?

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic