Can We Talk To Them?

Well, if they are as much like us as we think, speech in my opinion is probable. I would suggest if you would like to know more of the possibilities, research Scott Nelson as he has done much work in this regard. The "bird" Alex that is referred to here in this thread has dome much work here too. Alex happens to be a friend of mine and I talk to him quite often. He is a extremely intelligent man that owns his business and he is one of the smartest men I have ever met.

KB

Remember now, they know us by the name of 'Enok'.

That would be interesting, There is a recording with that word/sound in it.

Oh, I wish that was louder booly, but very cool!!!

I meant the sign thing when we actually trust each other enough to 'see' each other - whenever THAT might be....years most likely.

There are some Native American legends about communicating by sign language with them. It would make sense to use sign language to communicate if verbal communication is difficult.

I've heard about Scott Nelson actually trying to talk to them in their language in the same area where the Sierra Sounds were recorded. (it was on a BlogTalkRadio podcast--I can't remember which one.) I believe he and Ron Morehead have repeatedly gone to that area trying to establish some sort of communication. I hope they publish their research results. I would love to read it!

Edited by teria

That WOULD be good. I hadn't heard that. I figured out recently that those sounds were recorded in King's Canyon National Park, or Sequoia, which is my neighborhood or close to here, anyway. And I have seen bf in Hockett Meadow videos before.

Anyway, if anyone with sounds expertise wants to try to pick out or analyze my video where one said Hello, I will send them the link. PM me, although it is on here someplace already.

Thought projection

I am not an expert in communications by any stretch, but in my life's endeavors, I have found that most communication that I have done has been non verbal, be it with people or animals. If you can get past what seems to be a universal firewall of some sort, which apparently is dont look directly at me, felt to be threatening for animals and people too. I have worked with or had to deal with many people of different languages, and if you could get past the firewall we could pretty much function together on a basic survial level anyway just by body language gestures and eye communication. Same with animals, Get past the firewall things are fun after that. If one could earn trust of a young sas it would probably be really easy to teach them and be taught languages if they are indeed intelligent creatures. Younguns are really really hard wired to be curious and learn stuff I think.

There are some Native American legends about communicating by sign language with them. It would make sense to use sign language to communicate if verbal communication is difficult.

I've heard about Scott Nelson actually trying to talk to them in their language in the same area where the Sierra Sounds were recorded. (it was on a BlogTalkRadio podcast--I can't remember which one.) I believe he and Ron Morehead have repeatedly gone to that area trying to establish some sort of communication. I hope they publish their research results. I would love to read it!

Actually Ron and Scott will be speaking at a BF conference we will be having here in GA in January. There will be many more great speakers and I will be there helping set up, I will post more later.

KB

Guest Cervelo

There is the bird Alex, who actually USES language to communicate, not just repeat it back. He uses it in context and asks & answers questions. I've heard recordings of them using English online (FWIW), so it's possible. I hope someday to be able to let you know. I'll get back to you on that one :)

Data, I got huffing and chuffing vocalizations, "whooflings" I called them. Deep, gutteral "hoof"'s when they wanted me out of their area at dark. Scared the doo doo out of me.

Mad,

Please be careful the sounds your describing are the sounds an agitated bear make as well, maybe you all ready know that.

Here's another couple of sound that bears make that get attributed to others

I suspect that they regularly share information amoung themselves at gatherings or by messenger. The knowledge gained from a few relationships between humans and BF could be spread through the population that way. It does not seem to take them long to adjust to new strategies or new technologies, and this could be an explanation.